Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i was bored af so i sent my gym manager a video of me goblet squatting holding my dog (about 26kg). she out did me - sent me one with a kelpie under each arm and a fox terrier sitting on her shoulders lol

you have a relation with the manager?

Failing to put a single weight away should be instant permaban
This, disgusting etiquette
I miss having all the equipment to work out properly.
A lack of a lat pulldown is the biggest pain in mine. Have mastered all the rows and band exercises though as a compromise.

Did some digging on that front before this run of lockdowns, many I've seen have far too short a ROM. Body-Solid for example is no good for anyone over 6 feet tall on that front aside from maybe their leverage pulldown.

This, disgusting etiquette

A lack of a lat pulldown is the biggest pain in mine. Have mastered all the rows and band exercises though as a compromise.

Did some digging on that front before this run of lockdowns, many I've seen have far too short a ROM. Body-Solid for example is no good for anyone over 6 feet tall on that front aside from maybe their leverage pulldown.

I spent about $2k on my pin loaded lat pull down machine and based on my experience, I think unless you are spending $5k on a life fitness or hammer strength model, I would be wary. The cables on the expensive ones that they have at commercial gyms are soooooo smooth to use, whereas mine feels clunky even when it’s just been greased (especially at lower weights) and I don’t really even bother to use it. 😭

I spent about $2k on my pin loaded lat pull down machine and based on my experience, I think unless you are spending $5k on a life fitness or hammer strength model, I would be wary. The cables on the expensive ones that they have at commercial gyms are soooooo smooth to use, whereas mine feels clunky even when it’s just been greased (especially at lower weights) and I don’t really even bother to use it. 😭
Yeah I helped a mate disassemble and reassemble a Body-Solid home gym unit the weekend before these last 2 lockdowns

Did stick a bit, had to silicone spray everything to get it running ok, only one dodgy bit we found with the cables, more of just an annoyance end of day though. It's a perfect size unit for him though as I'm nearly a foot taller than him.

I don't mind bands for tricep work actually and I prefer dumbbells and barbells for biceps, it's moreso getting in enough vertical pull work as I'm too heavy for chins atm. Do banded straight arm pullovers every week, they're ok, but would like to change it up.

Thinking of buying a cable pulley system to get by over spring and do medium pulldowns on the floor and mount it on my chin up bar (Little Bloke Fitness sells one for $89, surely can't be much different to Spud Incs more expensive one)

At gym while the commercial grade cable pulldowns are solid (felt functional trainers to normally be the smoothest cable machines), I found over the years I got huge DOMS from leverage pulldowns. Was a decent Technogym leverage pulldown at Derrimut I liked using and I got full range on that too and it wasn't too tall (maybe 2m), so might buy Body-Solids leverage one in due course as it looks better for ROM.

Yeah I helped a mate disassemble and reassemble a Body-Solid home gym unit the weekend before these last 2 lockdowns

Did stick a bit, had to silicone spray everything to get it running ok, only one dodgy bit we found with the cables, more of just an annoyance end of day though. It's a perfect size unit for him though as I'm nearly a foot taller than him.

I don't mind bands for tricep work actually and I prefer dumbbells and barbells for biceps, it's moreso getting in enough vertical pull work as I'm too heavy for chins atm. Do banded straight arm pullovers every week, they're ok, but would like to change it up.

Thinking of buying a cable pulley system to get by over spring and do medium pulldowns on the floor and mount it on my chin up bar (Little Bloke Fitness sells one for $89, surely can't be much different to Spud Incs more expensive one)

At gym while the commercial grade cable pulldowns are solid (felt functional trainers to normally be the smoothest cable machines), I found over the years I got huge DOMS from leverage pulldowns. Was a decent Technogym leverage pulldown at Derrimut I liked using and I got full range on that too and it wasn't too tall (maybe 2m), so might buy Body-Solids leverage one in due course as it looks better for ROM.

Yeah, at your height I would make sure I was able to go into the show room just to try it out, because due to the surge in demand from Covid, a lot of places are using unfamiliar suppliers and their can be quirks from what you see in the online ad (I’ve learnt this the hard way recently) 😭

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never do a warm-up per se - just a few warm up sets building up in weight. Especially for the first movement of the session or first exercise of a different muscle group/movement pattern.

Never do a cool-down either. I work out in my home gym in the morning then jump straight in the shower and off to work.
I seem to do less warm up than ever for anything and seem to get away now which I thought would be the opposite as you get older and less pulling up sore.. but I'm waaay more consistent with any form of exercise these days which is may be why.

Hope all you guys are traveling well and trying to get some form of training in at home, albeit it challenging and hard to keep going.

Its a shame that the gyms are obviously closed in Vic and NSW.

Hang in there. Hopefully lockdown ends sooner for you guys.

Hope all you guys are traveling well and trying to get some form of training in at home, albeit it challenging and hard to keep going.

Its a shame that the gyms are obviously closed in Vic and NSW.

Hang in there. Hopefully lockdown ends sooner for you guys.
Thanks mate, but we're OK. Bottle o is still open. 😅😅

Yeah, at your height I would make sure I was able to go into the show room just to try it out, because due to the surge in demand from Covid, a lot of places are using unfamiliar suppliers and their can be quirks from what you see in the online ad (I’ve learnt this the hard way recently) 😭
I found a dual pulldown seated row unit in Cheltenham on that World Fitness shop

$1699, 220cm unit, has a swivelling seat, so put it forward it's for pulldowns, put it back it's for seated rows (has a mid pulley instead of a low pulley)

Wouldn't mind trying it out when lockdown ends, for ROM etc

Also found a 227cm westside spacing rack in Adelaide with a plate loaded high low pulley, one of Body-Solids side brands called Rugged.

I think if I don't get full ROM on the Cheltenham unit which hopefully I can try once lockdown is over then I'll probably sell my squat rack and replace with this westside rack from Adelaide, pretty cheap too for a 2x3 11 gauge unit ($850 with free shipping, pulldown an extra $350) apparently it's the 3rd best rack in the Body-Solid ecosystem.

It sucks but, Get straight in to it mate. When they announced 5 day lockdown, my first thought was fu** it, I'll wait till gyms reopen. Changed my mind and got straight in to it. Thank fu** I did its been weeks now.
5 day lockdowns are easy. once you're past the first 4 weeks its smooth sailing

taking a week off workouts due to donating blood... it's annoying me because I want to workout at the usual times haha at least my new dog is taking up some of my desire to run about in his play-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back