Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And it also doesn't mean he isn't ready. How often does the "experienced" coach route work out? Have a look at the last 15 premierships and get back to me with how many of them were won with recycled coaches vs first time coaches. I understand your bias to wanting an experienced coach, but I doesn't mean you're right
Ratten is the only current AFL coach who's not a first timer

Exactly my point. Always looking for the Messiah doesn't work. Which is proven by the statistics. I don't see the infatuation with an experienced coach when it's been proved it doesn't work.
Not sure it's been proven not to work but it's certainly proven not to be a prerequisite

According to the age our panel's short-list includes Graham, Kingsley, Voss, Leppich, Brad Scott. We are also going to have a chat with Chris Scott once the cats finals series is over. It wasn't clear in the article whether they have all agreed to partake in the process or whether we have just identified them.

According to the age our panel's short-list includes Graham, Kingsley, Voss, Leppich, Brad Scott. We are also going to have a chat with Chris Scott once the cats finals series is over. It wasn't clear in the article whether they have all agreed to partake in the process or whether we have just identified them.
The age wouldnt know..its guesswork.
Fact is whether people like what the club does or not the policy has been to let members know information first for some time now. So if we don't know the media don't know either.

Exactly my point. Always looking for the Messiah doesn't work. Which is proven by the statistics. I don't see the infatuation with an experienced coach when it's been proved it doesn't work.
There have been times where it has worked though.

David Parkin to Carlton from hawthorn.

Robert Walls to Carlton from Fitzroy.

Alan Jeans to hawthorn from stkilda.

Reckon Sheedy did a good job at the giants, demons would be happy with how Roos set them up. Lyon took freo to a grand final.

Clearly there is no hard and fast rule. It depends on list state and the calibre of the potential recycled coach.

The age wouldnt know..its guesswork.
Fact is whether people like what the club does or not the policy has been to let members know information first for some time now. So if we don't know the media don't know either.

Whether the age are correct or not its pretty naive to assume members will know first. Club has been leaking like crazy and I doubt this is even information the club would care about getting out. The club is not going to provide updates to members on who the candidates are and we will 100% find out through the media which isn't a problem really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And it also doesn't mean he isn't ready. How often does the "experienced" coach route work out? Have a look at the last 15 premierships and get back to me with how many of them were won with recycled coaches vs first time coaches. I understand your bias to wanting an experienced coach, but I doesn't mean you're right
Sorry to interject, but it’s not a bias to wanting an experienced coach, he’s following the words of the President. I too can’t see an inexperienced coach happening. Sacking Teague for an inexperienced coach would be serious negative spin for the club and the board. Perceptive suicide by media for Sayers. It’ll be an experienced coach and I for one trust what the club are doing.

Regarding Leppitsch - he said he wasn’t going to Collingwood on SEN, him, himself,, it’s the media who have once again connected the new coach with one of his mates and created the innuendo/rumour of a move.

Reckon Sheedy did a good job at the giants, demons would be happy with how Roos set them up. Lyon took freo to a grand final.

Clearly there is no hard and fast rule. It depends on list state and the calibre of the potential recycled coach.

Barassi, Malthouse, Mathews, Blight…..

Ratten is the only current AFL coach who's not a first timer
Only seen three coaches in my time of following win a first premiership in their second club or third club as a coach.
I've seen seventeen first time coaches win a flag in my time of following footy.

The 17 below:

CoachTeamsSeas ↑
Parkin, DavidHW CA FI1977-2000
Jesaulenko, AlexCA SK1978-1990
Jewell, TonyRI SK1979-1987
Sheedy, KevinES GW1981-2013
Matthews, LeighCW BL1986-2008
Joyce, AlanHW FO1988-1996
Pagan, DenisKA CA1993-2007
Williams, MarkPA1999-2010
Thompson, MarkGE ES2000-2014
Roos, PaulSY ME2002-2016
Worsfold, JohnWC ES2002-2020
Clarkson, AlastairHW2005-2021
Hardwick, DamienRI2010-2021
Longmire, JohnSY2011-2021
Scott, ChrisGE2011-2021
Simpson, AdamWC2014-2021
Beveridge, LukeWB2015-2021

Last edited:
Whether the age are correct or not its pretty naive to assume members will know first. Club has been leaking like crazy and I doubt this is even information the club would care about getting out. The club is not going to provide updates to members on who the candidates are and we will 100% find out through the media which isn't a problem really.
I agree with the bolded part. They arent updating the media either hence why I say guesswork.
As to leaks I dont believe that at all. That is just based on people accepting rumours as truth and it suits the agenda of the club bashers to perpetuate that baloney.

There’s obviously something in the review. It’s not an infatuation. For our club it’s an issue. The last two coaches, inexperienced, haven’t worked. continuing to do the same thing, hoping for a different result, is not productive. Kingsley, Giansiracusa, Etc etc are probably good coaches, but have done nothing. Experienced coaches have a sample size to look at. We need to get back to winning, not experimenting. Just saying.

I agree with the bolded part. They arent updating the media either hence why I say guesswork.
As to leaks I dont believe that at all. That is just based on people accepting rumours as truth and it suits the agenda of the club bashers to perpetuate that baloney.

The president admitted that far to much information is leaking from the club so. In fairness, I agree that not everything reported in the media is a leak. Plenty is just made up or just assumed.

Chris Scott is a long time quality coach, so how much of the topping up policy is pushed by him?

Why have his teams, who have been fantastic during the H&A season, lost 7 times in the first week of finals?

He’s a premiership coach, who took over an amazing side, but has struggled to even make the GF since.

In a few years, the Cats will look back on the last 3 years and feel they stuffed up, they were too scared to move on a coach, who was good but had got the most out of the team as he could.
Let me get this right, a team/coach who has been in and around prelims, won a premiership and has one of the greatest win loss percentages in history has stuffed up? We’d take that stuffed up in the last 10 years I think….

Yes but is there anything that stands out there? They're all over 20 years ago except for Sheedy. Which I wouldn't say was all that successful anyway. Now look at the times it's happened in the last 15 years and see if it's worked

Only seen three coaches in my time of following win a first premiership in their second club or third club as a coach.
I've seen seventeen first time coaches win a flag in my time of following footy.

Poor analysis. You need to work out the ratio of appointments v success. You then have factors including the list to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Y
I don't get the love for Chris Scott (or Brad). He walked into a star-studded premiership side, won a flag in his first year that anyone could've won with that team and has done nothing since. I mean, sure, they've stayed top 8 and top 4 for most of his time, but they've just been selling their future every year to stay relevant.
et they have stayed relevant right? Futures can change quickly these days, ask Richmond in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back