Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that how it works?

We got compensation for Wells and he was unrestricted.
We actually do get somthing but it won't be as high as we can't match. Still a joke sitting by him for 6 years of his career being injured also through his health scare this year and even offering him the 2 years he wanted. Richmond are on their way down aswell. We now need to * Richmond up and play hard ball on ccj. Pay back

The AFL will have to demonstrate that they have balls of steel to deny the wooden spooners compensation for their second best defender who has been in AA calculations for the last 5-6 years. Leader in the team. 150+ games.

The AFL have shown that they capitulate to every new trend and change in the wind. They will pay up, either through FA compensation or as part of 2 or 19 priority pick.

We actually do get somthing but it won't be as high as we can't match. Still a joke sitting by him for 6 years of his career being injured also through his health scare this year and even offering him the 2 years he wanted. Richmond are on their way down aswell. We now need to fu** Richmond up and play hard ball on ccj. Pay back

I empathise with your anger.

I too feel this is a shitsandwich.

Said my bit in the trade thread. Would be nice for the new contract to get us a later pick, but either way neither side owes the other anything at this point. North put faith in him, he repaid it. The club’s position is fair, so is Taz’, and if he goes I’ll say thanks and good luck.

Agree with others, unless we tried to halve his salary than he absolutely haven’t lowballed him. He is 32 and was showing clear signs that his best is now behind him this year. How old was Boomer when he started getting 1 year contract offers? Spud Firrito? Scooter?
Don’t begrudge him - if he can get more money for his future out of Richmond than he should do it. Wouldn’t have really loved a 2 year deal for him from us, but will miss him as the great clubman he is/was.

This is all a bit sad. The guy is a champion and I wouldn’t be writing him off. No player can perform at their best with the type of physical setbacks he had this year.

He also owes us nothing; yes, we stuck by him during his early injury affected years, but he has no doubt spurned big offers since. That debt seems cleared long ago for me.

FWIW, a one year deals feels about right to me at his age. Richmond got in his ear with two, and here we are, unable or unwilling to change his mind.

What a shame the story ends here...

Hi guys ....don't know alot about taz but looking at stat's and highlights he seems a perfect Astbury replacement....age worries me

I'm not sure he will get a flag I'm thinking it might be more a coaching opportunity on ground and into the future

All the best in 22 guys I like what north is building

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys ....don't know alot about taz but looking at stat's and highlights he seems a perfect Astbury replacement....age worries me

I'm not sure he will get a flag I'm thinking it might be more a coaching opportunity on ground and into the future

Twice the player Astbury was and is a brilliant kick

Send Bolton over for him 👍

So we don't get any compo pick for him because he's an unrestricted free agent? ******* joke. fu** off and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Where did you hear this? Got a link or source?

This is from last year regarding Isaac Smith.

"The triple-premiership winger joined the Cats as an unrestricted free agent on a two-year deal on Friday, with the Hawks receiving a third-round compensation pick (currently No.42) in return."

I could see him being a good backline coach. He's always barking orders out there and he taught Ben McKay a lot about playing that role. I just hoped it'd be for us and not someone else

While I get the sentimentality angle and why people are upset about that, when it comes to performances some people are thinking of the Taz of three years ago. He's just not the same player anymore. Obviously, we need a replacement but in terms of current levels of performance we're not losing a whole lot that won't be replaced. Honestly, at his current level, McKay-Walker-Corr is a similar level to having the current Taz in that trio.

Seems a little odd that he's gone to Richmond for a shot at a flag - I'm not sure their window is open anymore.

Echo all the well wishes for Taz. He'll always be blue and white.
They pretty much need just 1 man fit and firing at the pointy end of the season and they are well and truly a flag shot in my IMO.

With a better run with injuries and a couple of kids improving, I think they'll be in the top 4 mix. Crazy to see so many people writing them off completely.

My take. I think Taz is Shot. He showed signs of decline in 2020 and when he came back in 2021 he looked very ordinary in most of the games he played. He has been a great player for our club but if truth be told his best is past him. Now I don’t wish him all the best at his new club. I hope he stinks it up and we can laugh at Richmond. :stern look

This is going to hurt, he gave great service to NMFC for 14 seasons and I thought he would be a Shinboner for life, but that may not be the case. It will be difficult to see him in the colours of another club, but if he chooses to chase his premiership dreams somewhere else I will wish him all the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back