Past #15: Daniel Howe - #31 in '14 ND to HFC - delisted end '22 - #33 in '23 RD to NM -retires from AFL & NM end '23 - 107 AFL games / 11 NM games

Remove this Banner Ad

Two weeks in a row he's been shunted into the 22 after a late out. Annoying
Very annoying and lucky for him, he’s a vfl level player at best

We had other better options both weeks also

Shouldn’t ever be named

I’d be panicking if I were a player and this bloke with no composure was walking out next to me knowing I’d have to cover for him

My only criticism of Howe is that I don’t see what he actually brings to the side, that warrants not getting more games into players like Goater etc.

He isn’t bringing anything to the table that any of our younger players couldn’t, do not sure why we are wasting games on him.

I was talking to a Hawks supporter who told me that Howe drove them crazy as well. However, Clarko kept playing him there there as well. He has no trouble finding the ball, I’ll give him that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ve never seen a player get smothered more. Is it his massively long wind up to kick that gives the opposition time to get hands near his boot? Bizarre.

images

poor mans sam gibson

Didn't disgrace himself and won't be dropped. He really shouldn't be in the team regardless though. Oh well
Has some bad moments, and then just kind of chugs along being average enough. I'd rather we were playing a kid ahead of him tbh. He does accumulate the ball well enough though I guess, so he's probably making good positions etc.

Sorry RB but LMAC has more kicks smothered than any other player in the comp. Do smothered kicks count as a disposal? Just asking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cops a fair bit of s**t but his impact as the sub yesterday was very good.

He was excellent. Calm and assured. He used the ball very well too. If we’d have gotten over the line, he would have been the catalyst. The quintessential substitute, maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think his impact was noticable because Drury was so bad.
Not at all, 11 touches @ 100%, 3 score involvements.

He was providing a strong outlet on a wing and was involved in a a number of offensive chains in the fourth quarter.

Have to say his game was good. Used it well. Ran hard. Have been against him being anywhere near the 23 but yesterday he was a contributor. Not against keeping him on as sub if he maintains that level.

Have to say his game was good. Used it well. Ran hard. Have been against him being anywhere near the 23 but yesterday he was a contributor. Not against keeping him on as sub if he maintains that level.
i fretted when i saw him being subbed in but agree, he went all right, without mocking Drury who will be better for the run but prolly needs to find his legs at the level in te vfl.

but i suspect as personall become available he may have others in that spot, its tricky with a su because it tends to disrupt continuity, i recall a few years ago froggy had a terrable run of being names as sub.

i fretted when i saw him being subbed in but agree, he went all right, without mocking Drury who will be better for the run but prolly needs to find his legs at the level in te vfl.

but i suspect as personall become available he may have others in that spot, its tricky with a su because it tends to disrupt continuity, i recall a few years ago froggy had a terrable run of being names as sub.
One of the reasons having him available as sub helps cos we can get full games into the younger players at whatever level.

Wasn’t he fairly decent last time he came on as the sun too?
I cant recall. Last time I remember him coming on as sub was Freo and hes cost us 4 goals and nearly the game lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back