Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t get why people are called anti vax if they don’t want the vaccine?
I’m personally not against people getting it I just don’t want it myself.
It’s about choice.
Because the arguments and debating points they use are literally word-for-word Anti Vax 101 talking points.

It might look like they're making 'genuine' points, but nothing they have said is any different when what they've said about MMR or any other vaccine.

Aside from genuine medical reasons, the list of reasons remaining are pretty much somewhere between very flimsy, and straight up conspiracy theory dog sh*t.
Freedom of choice is straight up dog s**t conspiracy theory’s?

Ok makes sense…….

People have their own reasons. And if their reasons in your mind are flimsy and straight up dog s**t theory’s then I really don’t have anything more to say other than you’re judging people for not wanting to be forced to do something.
Sounds like a dictatorship to me.

So I assume you never wear seat belts then?

"You can die when wearing seat belts and you can die when not wearing them....you can argue the degree of each but it's no different"

You have to. It's mandated that if you want to get in a car, you have to wear one. It's mandated for your own safety. Like heaps of other s**t in life.

It's mandated that you must wear a seat belt, to stop you from getting killed. To stop you needing tax payer funded hospital care, and to prevent some poor *er from the trauma of scraping your brain off the road after the accident.

Stuff has been mandated by governments and workplaces for 100s of years to protect people.

Gamble with their lives?? Sorry what’s the survival rate of Covid?? Isn’t it above 99%?
You have more of a chance dying in a car accident or being hit by a car that dying from Covid.
The media have struck fear into everyone.
How do you quantify that you have a higher chance of dying in a car accident? For the last 5 years the national average per deaths on the road every month is 79. Now if we assume every single person that drives a car has covid, are you seriously suggesting only 79 would die per month?

Freedom of choice is straight up dog sh*t conspiracy theory’s?

Ok makes sense…….

Freedom of choice isn't a reason for being anti-vax. That doesn't make sense.

We all have freedom of choice. It's the choice you make that determines whether your anti-vax or not - not whether you have a choice.
People have their own reasons. And if their reasons in your mind are flimsy and straight up dog sh*t theory’s then I really don’t have anything more to say other than you’re judging people for not wanting to be forced to do something.
Sounds like a dictatorship to me.

Not wanting to be forced to do something is fair enough. It's very flawed though IMO, given we've been forced to do things for 100s of years - but each to their own.

You're being forced to do things right now in order to participate in society and use services.

But...talking about dictatorships is literally right smack bang in the middle of being a dog s**t conspiracy theory.

What’s the point. Post your point of view then get everyone and their dogs jumping all over you.

What a peaceful lovely free world we live in.

I don't understand that logic.

Surely if you engage in a discussion, the whole point is that your opinion gets analysed? And if people don't agree, they respond accordingly? Isn't that the whole point??

Getting to share and express the opinion is a right we all have. Whether people agree or not isn't part of the deal though.

Don't like a discussion on a discussion forum? Soft.

When was the last time anyone changed their mind on an online forum?

How do you quantify that you have a higher chance of dying in a car accident? For the last 5 years the national average per deaths on the road every month is 79. Now if we assume every single person that drives a car has covid, are you seriously suggesting only 79 would die per month?
It's like when people say not be scared of sharks because the chance of being eaten by one is xxx% or whatever it is!

You know what? That % suddenly gets a lot ******* higher if I swim in the ocean!

It's like when people say not be scared of sharks because the chance of being eaten by one is xxx% or whatever it is!

You know what? That % suddenly gets a lot ******* higher if I swim in the ocean!

Final Siren did a great post about the danger of the 1%.

If driving had a 1% fatality rate, you'd be dead within 10 weeks of daily driving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ie: "i want to say whatever i like whenever I like and noone can say anything back"
Freedom dude, freedom.

I want the freedom to be a prick, but don't want anyone else to have the freedom to call me out on it.

Similar to demanding that you have the freedom to open your business during a pandemic or go on tour Tina Arena style whilst giving a big '* you' to everyone that is concerned about COVID spreading because of it - but not wanting businesses to have the freedom to mandate that their employees are vaccinated.

People wearing seat belts still die in car crashes.

People wearing safety gear and following OH&S procedures still suffer workplace accidents.

Just because something doesn't prevent 100% doesn't mean that it can't (a) reduce risk of an incident, and (b) reduce the consequences if the incident does happen.

This "If a vaccine's not 100% effective then it's useless" line that anti-vaxxers keep regurgitating is illogical.
Never said it was useless, so no argument there. But the line "if you get the vaccination then no-one will get sick and we'll all be fine" is also illogical if it's not 99%+ effective. And that's where we are.

It won’t be a rock, but I think that it’s likely that you won’t be able to do things like go to an indoor restaurant, visit a loved one in a hospital or nursing home or board an aeroplane without a vaccination or a medical exemption.
Looks like that might be the case. Hopefully it doesn’t get to that.

So I assume you never wear seat belts then?

"You can die when wearing seat belts and you can die when not wearing them....you can argue the degree of each but it's no different"
I wear them because I choose to wear them, sometimes I don't wear them. I wouldn't tell someone else to wear them or not wear them.

Back