News Lewis Young requests trade to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I saw Young in the final against Brisbane. Was clearly beaten by the Big O in the ruck contests, but seemed to work hard and stopped Oscar from taking many marks. Oscar only took two marks and that is incredibly low for him and was due to close attention from Young. He is definitely no topline ruckman, but I think he will be a great understudy for Jones. He is tall and mobile and is more suited to key defensive post. If nothing else adds depth and won't cost a lot, but will have upside and although he missed grand final team was a big part of the WB season. Always good to get players that are 22 years old from successful teams. I think he will be a good addition as long as we play him as a key defender and occasional ruckman.

I saw Young in the final against Brisbane. Was clearly beaten by the Big O in the ruck contests, but seemed to work hard and stopped Oscar from taking many marks. Oscar only took two marks and that is incredibly low for him and was due to close attention from Young. He is definitely no topline ruckman, but I think he will be a great understudy for Jones. He is tall and mobile and is more suited to key defensive post. If nothing else adds depth and won't cost a lot, but will have upside and although he missed grand final team was a big part of the WB season. Always good to get players that are 22 years old from successful teams. I think he will be a good addition as long as we play him as a key defender and occasional ruckman.
Exactly what we need though, Part time ruck and another Tall Defender.

Exactly what we need though, Part time ruck and another Tall Defender.
I think he will fit neatly in a backline of:
Tall Defenders: Weitering, Jones, Young
Running defenders: Saad, Williams, Newman
Inter: Plowman

Others depending on balance: Kemp (although would prefer he was in midfield), Stocker (prefer in midfield), Parks (Needs more time if retained), Docherty (Not sure on his health)
depth: Williamson, McGovern (Can't see how he fits in forward line unless form drastically improves), Jack Carroll (May play some backline roles early), Marchbank (Lets see if he can come back)

There

Young is not my favourite for a spot, but at 200+ cm, he would be our tallest defender.
I'd like to have a go at some kids like Bazzo or Gibcus. But we don't seem that interested.

I feel for you. I know you have a big passion for the kids coming through and quite a good eye but we are steering away from the draft. Hopefully Power and then Voss and team can start to turn it around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or just don’t bring in non AFL standard players? Assuming majority of you don’t watch many AFL games outside of Carltons so not arguing. Half the people here asked who Lewis Young is.
He was getting games for a team who went to the GF. For a notoriously tough coach and is only 22. Non AFL standard. What is the Big Footy standard?

I would agree if the 22 year old showed signs of being a first 22 type player. Maybe we back ourselves with later picks regardless and still find another tall to add to the list?
Let me get this right, you want to draft an 18 year old somebody with little to no exposed form who won't have the physical strength to compete for 2 to 3 years who might turn into something as opposed at young tall with exposed form who can contribute immediately in a position of need for us. Did I get that right? Did you see how bad we were when Jones was hurt? Back up at worst who costs next to nothing. What's not to like?

Hey Carlton fans.

I don't normally do this in club player threads but, 2 years ago, I thought, looking at his face, he looks like if Charlie Curnow had straighter hair and was taller.

1633528356376.png

1633528475672.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back