Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

That's him. Has been thrown back because of the injuries the Bulldogs have suffered.
He’s been thrown back for a couple of weeks.
I think they are doing it as a last result, if he can’t play there then it’s delist time.
He made 2mp look like he was leading the Coleman

Really? I think we're one win away from this season being an unquestionable step forward. Inconsistency aside, I'd have taken 8 wins this year, but add in the injuries and I reckon we're tracking okay.

You have to beat the poor sides too.
Who has improved more this year, us or North? For me it’s clearly North. I don’t buy into this slowly slowly BS. It’s just an opinion but to me our improvement given the list we have is well below par

Really? I think we're one win away from this season being an unquestionable step forward. Inconsistency aside, I'd have taken 8 wins this year, but add in the injuries and I reckon we're tracking okay.

You have to beat the poor sides too.
whilst wins have been better, Im not sure our play has.

Last year we were 5th defence and 12th best offence

this year we’re 9th best defence and 17th best offence

At least we’ve finished ok.
If we can get another win I’ll be satisfied.

It has been a very good season if you take out the first half of the bulldogs game, the second half of the brisbane game and the whole melbourne game.

I actually did the math and our percentage would be 97% instead of 82.9%.... which is very respectable

We all know those 3 games above were our worst by a mile; so its not too all too bad. Just need to find a way to dig in longer and harder so we don't fall away like that.

In comparsion a team who are 7th and may fall out of the finals race with one of the oldest teams and most strongest clubs off-field the West Coast Eagles have choked a 33 point lead half way thru the 3rd against St Kilda and lost by 20, lost to Geelong at Geelong by 97, got pumped by the Dogs at their home (we fought admirably) and then followed up the next week losing to Sydney at a neutral venue by 92 points, then lost to North at Home, and last of course only kicking 1 goal in the first half against Collingwood.

I've been a bit harsh on dew but when no changes happen its hard to rally round him but for some perspective; every year we are a young team, but it's because we're the Gold Coast Suns we cop all these "Send them to tasmania", "King, Rankine, Lukosius are leaving" Bullshit and it may never end until we win our first flag

Who has improved more this year, us or North? For me it’s clearly North. I don’t buy into this slowly slowly BS. It’s just an opinion but to me our improvement given the list we have is well below par
North's wins have been against us, Carlton, West Coast and Hawthorn. Whilst we've been able to win against Sydney, Richmond, GWS, Hawthorn, Collingwood (MCG), and North themselves once. Our list looks a lot better.

The one metric absolutely everyone with anything to do with AFL was watching our team for was winning in the backend of the season. We beat Esssendon or Sydney again, then we've won more against better teams, and done it in the back half. Unquestionable.

whilst wins have been better, Im not sure our play has.

Last year we were 5th defence and 12th best offence

this year we’re 9th best defence and 17th best offence

At least we’ve finished ok.
If we can get another win I’ll be satisfied.
I'm definitely wanting one more win. Our worst and heaviest losses this year have come against Melbourne, Bulldogs, Port and Brisbane – 1, 2, 4 and 5 on the ladder right now. We're clearly not up to those teams and I think those specific games hurt our defensive and offensive stats.

It's not a huge level of improvement, but we've improved a decent amount considering the key injuries we've had. Witts, Day, Rowell, and that little period without Collins seem to have stung us the most.

I'm definitely wanting one more win. Our worst and heaviest losses this year have come against Melbourne, Bulldogs, Port and Brisbane – 1, 2, 4 and 5 on the ladder right now. We're clearly not up to those teams and I think those specific games hurt our defensive and offensive stats.

It's not a huge level of improvement, but we've improved a decent amount considering the key injuries we've had. Witts, Day, Rowell, and that little period without Collins seem to have stung us the most.

Thanks for saying all that. I was about to write a spirited response, but you have summed up all my points

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Josh Schache, as in former pick number 2 Josh Schache, what happened to that guy?
Heart not in the game. Head not always in the game.

Schache doesn’t love the game. He plays because his old man played the game, and there was an expectation for him to play the game.

It took being away from home for him to realise this, and then he found himself in a very dark place. And he’s still coming to terms with it.

I don’t know if he has any other career aspirations, but my guess is that he doesn’t know what he wants to do, so he’ll play footy until he figures out what he really wants to do when he grows up.

The sooner footy isn’t a career for him, and he can just play footy with his mates (if he still wants to), the better off he’ll be.

North have a very underrated list. They’re just missing any semblance of good KPP’s forward or back.

They have a lot of good youth, if you actually go through and list them, and have committed to the draft for another two years. And they have a good collection of mature players to put around their youth.

What they need are a genuine KPF and two KPD’s, and a future ruck. They won’t get a KPP with their first pick this year. Next year’s draft will have a few KPP’s up the top end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so to distract from the incessant negativity that is permiating the trade period currently - I want to check up on our little community and see what you're planning on getting up to during the off-season.

What do Suns board members do during the offseason?
I like to spend my time locked up and not allowed to go anywhere.
I hope I’m allowed to see my family this off season

I spend my off season at my happy place.. Adelaide oval. Watching the redbacks lose, the strikers, Aussies and any other cricket that gets sent our way in this Covid crazy world. An ashes year so we’re in for a treat.
Exciting to have cricket back (but not soon enough) I personally don't get to as many games as I used to be always good to have on in the background.

I like to spend my time locked up and not allowed to go anywhere.
I hope I’m allowed to see my family this off season
Yeah it's unfortunate but thankfully most of the states are finally getting thier s**t together with Vax numbers so just a matter of time now

Hope the intervening time hasn't been too hard on you mate

Okay so to distract from the incessant negativity that is permiating the trade period currently - I want to check up on our little community and see what you're planning on getting up to during the off-season.

What do Suns board members do during the offseason?
For me, uni is about to wrap up but I am considering doing a summer class to get ahead of my course. Cricket will be on which is great! Women's cricket has already started. Also planning a few trips. One to Darwin and the other to New Zealand but they are relying on COVID opening the border to us Vics! I've had my two vaccinations so should be able to travel soon. Would be nice to be able to leave my home first though!

Exciting to have cricket back (but not soon enough) I personally don't get to as many games as I used to be always good to have on in the background.

Yeah it's unfortunate but thankfully most of the states are finally getting thier sh*t together with Vax numbers so just a matter of time now

Hope the intervening time hasn't been too hard on you mate
It’s been ok. Just want to open up.
18months is long enough

Just about to launch up!

I think mine just downloaded now but I have another 1:45 of work to go. Definitely give it a run later today. As I was posting this I heard the PlayStation confirm completed.

Back4Blood is what I'm putting time into these days. If anyone wants tobteam up and slay zombies shoot me a pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back