Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a credible source for that data?
Sorry I was wrong, most up do date survival rate is 99% not the 99.7% I claimed. 1696 deaths out if 163769 infections in Australia.

The data I see as credible is that the survival rate of covid is 99.7%, even higher is younger and without comorbidity. Why does every article and model we see seem like Covid is an instant death sentence?
in other words, you want to cherry pick a single piece of data about a single part of a greater issue, and claim that it disproves or invalidates everything else.

1635379201589.png

The data I see as credible is that the survival rate of covid is 99.7%, even higher is younger and without comorbidity. Why does every article and model we see seem like Covid is an instant death sentence?
Sorry, I wasn't asking what data you see as credible, I was asking what needs to happen to make the data presented to you as credible. What has made the survival rate data credible for you, but data presenting other information (which isn't discounting the survival rate) as not credible?

Sorry, I wasn't asking what data you see as credible, I was asking what needs to happen to make the data presented to you as credible. What has made the survival rate data credible for you, but data presenting other information (which isn't discounting the survival rate) as not credible?
The 20x figure was based off modelling which has always been worst case scenario. I want official government cold hard figures or numbers from scholarly research.

Sorry I was wrong, most up do date survival rate is 99% not the 99.7% I claimed. 1696 deaths out if 163769 infections in Australia.
The first thing you have to do is take out the active cases - we don't know if these cases will survive - I'm sure a number of them will but you should only consider closed cases since that is the group deaths belong to. Currently there are 26,567 active cases - so from 137,202 closed cases, 1.2% have died.
The second thing you must consider is that a proportion of the cases have been in vaccinated people - vaccines significantly reduce your risk of dying so we should take those out from both the numerator and the denominator - including them in a figure that is supposed to suggest vaccination isn't necessary is silly - you can't prove anything if you just combine both groups. If you wish you could go back to Australian data prior to the vaccine rollout.
The third thing you should consider is that 1% is quite a lot. If you do something that is a 1% chance of killing you every day, you will very likely be dead within a year. When the consequence of finding yourself in the 1% is death, the risk matrix says it is very bad and should be avoided at all costs.

For those waiting to "see the legislation" before making any judgements. Are you starting to get more concerned now?

1635380049162.png
1635380068388.png
1635380085883.png
1635380105910.png
1635380191799.png

The Victorian Government is being deceitful, it is lying, it has rushed this legislation, these are all CLEAR signs of corruption and authoritarianism. Shades of a pacific island banana republic from Victoria.

The first thing you have to do is take out the active cases - we don't know if these cases will survive - I'm sure a number of them will but you should only consider closed cases since that is the group deaths belong to. Currently there are 26,567 active cases - so from 137,202 closed cases, 1.2% have died.
The second thing you must consider is that a proportion of the cases have been in vaccinated people - vaccines significantly reduce your risk of dying so we should take those out from both the numerator and the denominator - including them in a figure that is supposed to suggest vaccination isn't necessary is silly - you can't prove anything if you just combine both groups. If you wish you could go back to Australian data prior to the vaccine rollout.
The third thing you should consider is that 1% is quite a lot. If you do something that is a 1% chance of killing you every day, you will very likely be dead within a year. When the consequence of finding yourself in the 1% is death, the risk matrix says it is very bad and should be avoided at all costs.
That's assuming I am 65+ and have comorbidities. My survival rate for Covid is 99.998%. lots of 65+ and sick people have died. But it's the few you f people that do that grab the headlines.

For those waiting to "see the legislation" before making any judgements. Are you starting to get more concerned now?

View attachment 1269333
View attachment 1269334
View attachment 1269335
View attachment 1269336
View attachment 1269337

The Victorian Government is being deceitful, it is lying, it has rushed this legislation, these are all CLEAR signs of corruption and authoritarianism. Shades of a pacific island banana republic from Victoria.

So to be clear; Dictator Dan is actually handing all the power to Dictator Martin Foley?

You do realise you voted him in right, in general the public has no issue, it's just a bunch of loony anti vax people who frankly I have little time for and if it stuffs them up good riddance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise you voted him in right, in general the public has no issue, it's just a bunch of loony anti vax people who frankly I have little time for and if it stuffs them up good riddance.
I don't live in victoria, but this should concern EVERY SINGLE VICTORIAN. This isn't "oh he's democractically elected" this is fundamentally changing the powers of governments for years to come.

You're all ****ed, and don't tell me I didn't warn you.

View attachment 1269333
View attachment 1269334
View attachment 1269335
View attachment 1269336
View attachment 1269337

Yeah?
Nah.

Any other words in your thesaurus. Care to point out where it is corrupt?

Care to point out where it isn't open to public comment?

Care to point out how if it is as bad as you screech how will it past the upper house where the government have no majority?

You need serious help.

RUOK?

I don't understand how you can joke about these things. Are you not concerned with the clear over reach of power and no accountability. Would you LIKE to live under sovereign authority?

Because unlike you, I'm not prone to vast overreactions.

I do find it funny all the people screaming DICTATOR DAN are suddenly realising all the power seems to end up with the Health Minister... not Andrews. Also weren't those same people complaining that Sutton as CHO has the power now, as an unelected official, and it should be an elected official, which the Health Minister is.

This proposed legislation is just that, proposed. It still has to pass through the relevant process for a start.

I do find it funny all the people screaming DICTATOR DAN are suddenly realising all the power seems to end up with the Health Minister... not Andrews. Also weren't those same people complaining that Sutton as CHO has the power now, as an unelected official, and it should be an elected official, which the Health Minister is.

This proposed legislation is just that, proposed. It still has to pass through the relevant process for a start.
The fact it has even been proposed disgusts me.

I don't live in victoria, but this should concern EVERY SINGLE VICTORIAN. This isn't "oh he's democractically elected" this is fundamentally changing the powers of governments for years to come.

You're all f’ed, and don't tell me I didn't warn you.

Don't live in Victoria either but fair dinkum you are blowing a trumpet over NOTHING. Honestly anything to hurt the anti vaxxers we should be applauding. The so called "powers" of the premier actually are fine in this bill anyway, it's very reasonable in the current climate.

Instead your prone to blindly believing whatever the Labor party tells you clearly.

You're not worth arguing with any more, you're a bad faith actor.

Instead your prone to blindly believing whatever the Labor party tells you clearly.

You're not worth arguing with any more, you're a bad faith actor.

Who's blindly believing anything?

When I say "wait to read the actual legislation" do you think I'm blindly believing anything? Do you think it's acting in bad faith to tell someone to read the source material?

Back