Streaming Yellowstone

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you stop watching the show Sweet Jesus or perhaps just write angry letters to the writers instead of posting every thought in here?
I enjoy his views. It has honestly become so astonishing how unbelievable the premise of almost every scene is becoming. once you look past that and embrace it for what it is, it is very enjoyable

Don't you think it was weird how they moved on so quickly and there has been no reference to any police investigation?
to be honest i read the first line or 2 of your first ep post, realised what i was getting in for and then just scrolled on past... it was just a lot of scrolling to get past

1637072312888.png

Come on, this show is pretty annoying.

So they've confirmed that it was "the militia" that attacked the Duttons. Has that ever been explained? How did they figure that out?

Regardless, the reprisals aren't handled as some big set-piece shootout. Nah, it's a 90-second montage before the opening credits. It's totally perfunctory. The big dramatic cliffhanger from the end of the previous season and the big instigating incident at start of this season, and it's all resolved in a pre-credits montage? Why? These are bizarre story choices.

And no one bothered to grab one of the militia guys and shake him down for information? Why? The Native Americans managed to do that more effectively with just one guy on the case. Why didn't one of the Dutton gang take a handful of hostages and extract the relevant information? This makes no sense.

But let's park the spasm of extrajudicial killings. We wrapped that up neatly before the credits roll. Super convenient, so we can get back to the real drama. It's not the assassination attempt against the whole Dutton clan. Nah, the real drama is Jimmy's girlfriend issues, taking little Carter shopping and Kayce solving problems between neighbours. And don't forget the rock'n'roll equestrian. Gotta have that. Seriously, WTF? What does this show think is the most important story element?

And this whole thing with Jimmy and Mia. Are we meant to be really keen to see them end up together? Is that what this show wants? Wasn't she the reason he got back on a rodeo horse, fell and broke his neck again and now he has to leave? I'm not sure that's a great set-up for a couple that the audience is meant to be rooting for. It's not Tim Riggins and Lyla Garrity.

And what's Jamie doing these days? No one cares. It doesn't matter. It demonstrates neatly that he has been a pointless character throughout. He's superfluous to the story. He has zero plot function or connection to anything at this point. So presumably he's going to get killed this season? I mean, why keep him around? His only plot function will be to get killed.

And Beth drunk some vodka. She's so hardcore and crazy. Because vodka.

All that aside, my main complaint is how we flick back and forth from the assassination attempts and the reprisals to stuff that is utterly mundane, as though the violence shouldn't be the one and only focus of the story right now. It goes from high stakes to low stakes in a way that makes no sense. You get 90 seconds of them doing extrajudicial killings and then the rest of the episode is about Jimmy's relationship and buying horses and little Carter being a surrogate kid. Who cares? How is this stuff taking centre stage?

It would be like getting halfway through Breaking Bad and then in the middle of this taut, high-stakes drama of Walter White trying to outsmart Gustavo Fring while saving himself and Pinkman... oh, but wait, here's an episode focused on whether Walt Jr can get a date from the prom. Like, what is this low-stakes nonsense and how does it fit within the overarching drama where it's a matter of life and death?

We're 3 episodes in and still no one has said anything about how they lynched someone at the bunkhouse. We opened episode 3 with them hunting down dozens of guys and killing them, but then we segue straight back into day-to-day drama that frankly plays like Home and Away in its tone. Does no one sit down and talk about how many folks they just killed? Does no one sit down and ask why they didn't interrogate any of them? Nah, it's just back into the swing of things like nothing happened.

And if that wasn't enough, it wraps up with Tate hiding under the bed for the past two months and Monica still having one facial expression for every situation. And then this contrived rubbish with John Dutton demanding a shootout. Put a sock in it.

But yeah, can't wait to see what happens next with little Carter. Will that be a spinoff too?

Last edited:
I have. half of the most recent episode to go. A later comer if you will. I enjoyed the series, though through a few scenes skip through. the killing, shooting, violence is fun.

subtitles as the seasons progress are used more and more. costner must have a sore throat after putting on a husky voice all the time.

kaycees wife is hot as others alluded to. the attempted rape of her in after hitching a ride with a stranger.....and the assailant being shot from long range in the japanese production method (just in time).....how did the shooter know they be there?

many questions about coincidental events from the get go, but easy to gloss over due to well violence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fourth episode was definitely the least annoying of this season so far.

Finally we got some answers about last season's cliffhanger i.e. what Jamie has been doing and why no one was investigated for what happened. I don't really buy the explanation and it's all felt a bit perfunctory to me, particularly the reprisals being consigned to a 90-second pre-credits montage in the previous episode. But at least it's been addressed substantively now. It was weird that it took so long.

I welcome Jacki Weaver's addition, but does anyone actually understand the details of the land rights, legal/financial mumbo jumbo? There were two scenes in a row, one with Beth talking about Market Equities and then Jamie talking about the environmental impact lawsuits, and none of it made much sense to me. For an otherwise pretty dumb show, it sure expects a lot of its audience in their ability to understand this fine print.

How long are we going to lean into the Jimmy spin-off? Is that going to go all season? I feel like we've already seen all this, Jimmy the outsider showing up to a ranch, learning the ropes, learning to be a cowboy, finding himself. Wasn't that all handled in the first season? Now we see it again as a prelude to a spin-off? Seems a bit unnecessary and repetitive, no?

Monica is still annoying. Hopefully she goes home to the res and never returns. Maybe she can go back to pretending to be a university professor as well. Those were the funniest scenes in the entire show.

And no fighting in the bunkhouse!

That's Jamie's adopted father.

Did you notice that "old mate" was T. Riggins? Shout-out to Friday Night Lights.
Right that’s we thought but weren’t too sure.
Ah yes he was also in that strangely addictive Sci Fi show of the 2010’s that starred Noah Wyle called Falling Skies. The thread on here is epic

Finally we got some answers about last season's cliffhanger i.e. what Jamie has been doing and why no one was investigated for what happened. I don't really buy the explanation and it's all felt a bit perfunctory to me, particularly the reprisals being consigned to a 90-second pre-credits montage in the previous episode. But at least it's been addressed substantively now. It was weird that it took so long.

I welcome Jacki Weaver's addition, but does anyone actually understand the details of the land rights, legal/financial mumbo jumbo? There were two scenes in a row, one with Beth talking about Market Equities and then Jamie talking about the environmental impact lawsuits, and none of it made much sense to me. For an otherwise pretty dumb show, it sure expects a lot of its audience in their ability to understand this fine print.

How long are we going to lean into the Jimmy spin-off? Is that going to go all season? I feel like we've already seen all this, Jimmy the outsider showing up to a ranch, learning the ropes, learning to be a cowboy, finding himself. Wasn't that all handled in the first season? Now we see it again as a prelude to a spin-off? Seems a bit unnecessary and repetitive, no?

Monica is still annoying. Hopefully she goes home to the res and never returns. Maybe she can go back to pretending to be a university professor as well. Those were the funniest scenes in the entire show.

And no fighting in the bunkhouse!
Why does Rip give old mate a flogging but young mate gets a stare?

And Chubby about to get strips torn off him for what last week?

We need to see who is the cast for Jimmy’s Show because Jimmy is the most insipid character and him alone is no reason to follow new series.

On the other hand the cast of the Prelude Show looks sensational

If you're wondering, the opening song of the ep is

Notice how still travis sits on the horse even when doing the multiple 360 move?

Jimmy looks on. This is his calling. He will do this horse riding thing as a redemption arc. mark my words.

Dear Mia
I hope that you (pause)

tumblr_p2papyJvx81qk0c95o1_1280.jpg

* letter incomplete *

New kid is first one at the stables. Winning.

Kaycee needs to figure it out, or else he'll lose his family.
Kayces son sure has a mouth on him
U reckon jamie looks like will patton?
Australias own jackie weaver.

jamie knows who the man is in the mugshot yes? theory. ohhhh, will you do it?
JAMIE SAYS YES HE'LL DO IT!! no hesitation! wow. or is it a distraction? and jamie and kayce declare brotherly love.

horses have pink eye
PUSH THE HORSES OUT FFS

and jus like that monica and son are going. and kayce?
lol what does teeter cook?
mia is going now too. lloyd looks pissed. yeahhhhh brawl!! why didnt walker get hit by Rip?
Beth is not peaceful. ok she says daddy needs pussy.

Rip teaching the kid

ok here we go, driving down a long straight country road, travis drives.

Road House is the best movie ever made.

Travis leaching jimmy

Rip dont have no birthday? September 28 it is! It is a good day

Richmond-2019-Mark-Knight-600x600.jpg

lloyd looks dejected.

T Riggins. Jacbob Turner. Jim Poulson. Garrett Randall - the man with two surnames. yep.

I just dont fully believe jamie. once a politician....but maybe im wrong here.

Weaver is australias dame judy dench.

i admit, during the negoitation scenes i fell asleep

especially with beths kid around, no need for jimmy. unless the 6666s plays a part in saving the dutton estate.

And its famous for angus cattle

We need to see who is the cast for Jimmy’s Show because Jimmy is the most insipid character and him alone is no reason to follow new series.

I couldn't get less of a * about Jimmy or what happens to him, but the 6666 has potential I reckon, hopefully it includes lots of Travis who is fantastic... And also as I just discovered, the shows creator

yeah good question. lloyd should be untouchable.

who chubby?

Some of the s**t said to the kid is ridiculous. I Can’t say I’m too keen on a jimmy spin off. Would have to be the last character I’d choose to follow on another storyline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back