Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

honestly if you saw someone pick up a commercial treadmill and put it on their shoulder and start walking away with it

would you try and stop them

$406...

It honestly has not been worth the time and effort and even if i win its likely they will either dilute the payment (not cover the lodgement etc) or the gym will just not pay. I made the decision when i pursued it that id stick with it, i have the means to do so and its more about the principle than the outcome now.

Paying $75 for a potential $406 return is well worth it IMO and you have to look at it that way (unless you’ve spent something like 20-30 hours on it). Do VCAT do hearings in person?

How would they get away with not paying if the decision goes your way? Shouldn’t VCAT determinations be legally binding or else what is the point of having VCAT?

Paying $75 for a potential $406 return is well worth it IMO and you have to look at it that way (unless you’ve spent something like 20-30 hours on it). Do VCAT do hearings in person?

How would they get away with not paying if the decision goes your way? Shouldn’t VCAT determinations be legally binding or else what is the point of having VCAT?
Yeh I’ve spent easily 30+ hours of my time prepping, readin, calling and there is no guarantee they will find in my favour.
The finding is binding but if they just don’t pay I have to engage a debt company to chase it. Vcat can rule however they like and infiringements on their asic listing can be made but it doesn’t guarantee money in my account.

Thought everyone would be anxiously awaiting the Vcat hearing for my refund.

had it today, gym rep was 10 minutes late and…

They got absolutely baked for 10 minutes and then again for 5 minutes in the summary.

I get the full refund (inclusive of lodgement and asic costs) and amongst the gold from the Vcat member was the contract being slammed as generally not binding under law (for a host of reasons) and that it was ridiculous this even made it as far as VCAT (noting I had been willing to negotiation a number of times prior to this).

pretty happy but still sad that so many people just get screwed because they don’t have the means or the patience to endure this sort of effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They got absolutely baked for 10 minutes and then again for 5 minutes in the summary.

I get the full refund (inclusive of lodgement and asic costs) and amongst the gold from the Vcat member was the contract being slammed as generally not binding under law (for a host of reasons) and that it was ridiculous this even made it as far as VCAT (noting I had been willing to negotiation a number of times prior to this).

pretty happy but still sad that so many people just get screwed because they don’t have the means or the patience to endure this sort of effort.
And now you wait for the actual $$$

Was this in person or online? Whatd mr sooky gym dude have to say?

Was this in person or online? Whatd mr sooky gym dude have to say?
Was a VC. Because he was late I presented my case without him there THEN he showed up, he kept trying to cite the handbook 15 day cooling off period being expired as the main reason I wasn’t entitled and then saying the pandemic wasn’t their fault.

I cannot stress this enough, he got slammed by the tribunal,just scorched earth, Billy Madison principal dressing down.

Was a VC. Because he was late I presented my case without him there THEN he showed up, he kept trying to cite the handbook 15 day cooling off period being expired as the main reason I wasn’t entitled and then saying the pandemic wasn’t their fault.

I cannot stress this enough, he got slammed by the tribunal,just scorched earth, Billy Madison principal dressing down.

Id start canvassing debt collectors now. Just in case.

Id aim to get an Italian or a Russian myself..

on the topic of this thread, after the Test finished today I went to the gym later than usual, tons of people there... There were some serious newbies with no idea how to use the machines but of course they were in a group and goading each other on to lift as much as possible... just dumb and the machines copped a hiding and so did their muscles (or lack thereof), probably.

on the topic of this thread, after the Test finished today I went to the gym later than usual, tons of people there... There were some serious newbies with no idea how to use the machines but of course they were in a group and goading each other on to lift as much as possible... just dumb and the machines copped a hiding and so did their muscles (or lack thereof), probably.
I'm dreading January when the New Year's resolutioners pile in for a few weeks before quitting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back