Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Got the feeling we will go into some form of lockdown post NYE.
Sad, but quite possible. NSW is already out of control in some regions. Hopefully it just more mask mandates and density restrictions.

Sad, but quite possible. NSW is already out of control in some regions. Hopefully it just more mask mandates and density restrictions.

It should be, I mean this is what the world is probably going to involve for at least the immediate future.

More variations of Covid.

We cannot be shutting down each gym when there is a new variation out and about.

Lots of young skinny dudes really eye-balling themselves with dead seriousness in the mirror while doing curls.

FFS it is literally the simplest weight movement possible. There is no reason to check for form - it is all ego. These little twerps also like a bit of a cheeky flex between sets as well.

Why does it drive me so crazy?

Lots of young skinny dudes really eye-balling themselves with dead seriousness in the mirror while doing curls.

FFS it is literally the simplest weight movement possible. There is no reason to check for form - it is all ego. These little twerps also like a bit of a cheeky flex between sets as well.

Why does it drive me so crazy?

I've got a crazy imbalance with my left and right bicep(s), with one nice and full and rounded, and the other one flat and s**t (right one).

No matter how much I've tried to even them out, it's just not working. So I think there is a method to the madness here with the skinny guys.

I'm pretty sure the problem lies within the disconnect of mind and muscle on one side. Probably bad contraction and bad eccentric portion all the way down

Also my bad bicep corresponds to my better forearm development on the right side. And vice versa. I think I'm onto something there

I despise people with perfect symmetry haha

I don't have a single symmetrical muscle group anywhere on my body. It's ******* annoying when I actively work to correct them all

Last edited:
I honestly had no idea that was a thing.

Yeah it's a thing

And for me, it's never discussed enough

Maybe I'm the giant outlier, and everyone else is developing all their muscle groups completely even on both sides

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you gone to a doctor or any other kind of medical professional??? I'm assuming you have and they havent been much help.

It's an aesthetic thing, not something I'd need to see a GP for

It's not making me sick, just frustrated

In fact they prefer it atm.. "are you experiencing any flu like symptoms or fever...?"

Lol.
(I went to the docs the other day for scripts and a blood test referral)
What on Earth? I was talking about biomechanics, not the impending pandeath

You ok?

When the PT asks you questions during your sesh.

And I dont mean during rest breaks I mean- start excerising and "so what are your plans for the weekend?"
FFS mate I cant ******* talk when I'm doing the exercise, i need to bloody breathe. It's similar to a dentist I guess when you've got about 65 instruments shoved down your throat + they wanna chit chat.

I've got a crazy imbalance with my left and right bicep(s), with one nice and full and rounded, and the other one flat and sh*t (right one).

No matter how much I've tried to even them out, it's just not working. So I think there is a method to the madness here with the skinny guys.

I'm pretty sure the problem lies within the disconnect of mind and muscle on one side. Probably bad contraction and bad eccentric portion all the way down

Also my bad bicep corresponds to my better forearm development on the right side. And vice versa. I think I'm onto something there

I despise people with perfect symmetry haha

I don't have a single symmetrical muscle group anywhere on my body. It's ******* annoying when I actively work to correct them all
I thought I was pretty symmetrical until I got a dexa scan. The left and right imbalance when actually measured was suprising. I wouldn’t stress about it too much, especially if you’re focusing on it and it’s not impacting you physically, chances are no one but you would even realize if you don’t mention it.

We've had an influx of show ponies at the gym lately I gotta say. There's one champ that spends literal hours doing stretches and foam rollers but he seems to really love grimacing and watching himself while doing it. I mean - why do you need a mirror to roll your quads? Why do you need a mirror to do elastic band stretches?
The answer is you don't, he just thinks he looks like an action movie hero.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back