Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't say that. Your logic is dubious.
That is what you implied and its wrong. I have stated before I have all my shots and will be going in for a booster when i get the chance. Once again just a short sighted take based on one or two statements you disagree with.

That is what you implied and its wrong. I have stated before I have all my shots and will be going in for a booster when i get the chance. Once again just a short sighted take based on one or two statements you disagree with.

I just commented that crying about bigotry is an indicator of antivax sentiments.

Also I see you are a chickenhawk, had all your shots but post the antivax rhetoric anyway.

Do tell me how i meet your quota of an anti vaxxer?

My understanding of the world is my own. Do you know if im fat, thin, old or young? No. You have no understanding of my existence and instead choose to categorize and stereotype me based on the small amount of discussion I have on an online footy forum.

Bigotry at its finest.

I know you're not fat. Because every single fat person I know has been persecuted, derided, ridiculed, shunned, exploited, excluded, disrespected, bullied, teased, discriminated against and shamed throughout their lives.

As a society, we hate fat people and we shame them constantly.

I even do it myself. I'm somewhat of a fattist.

The thing with fat people though, is that very, very few of them actually want to be fat. Almost all want to change.

Anti-vaxers don't.

This notion that fat people are lauded in society whilst these poor anti-vaxers are being persecuted is just utter nonsense.

I just commented that crying about bigotry is an indicator of antivax sentiments.

Also I see you are a chickenhawk, had all your shots but post the antivax rhetoric anyway.
Having a different opinion on how to best deal with a pandemic is not antivax rhetoric. Its a different opinion. I believe the government should have spent their money and efforts working towards effective treatments rather than preventative measures as throughout history its proven borderline impossible to effectively vaccinate or stop the spread of a respiratory corona virus. I wanted the government to beef up hospitals and invest in health care workers more and I wanted them to inform the public of how severe the risks of covid were to the obese and unhealthy. I disagreed with mandating a vaccine for all sectors during a workforce crisis as it would further limit the amount of capable workers to treat those in need...

These arent wild conspiracy theories or outlandish ideas... they are just regulation opinions which differ to your own.

I took the vaccines because I wanted my best chance of survival for not only myself but also my immuno compromised dad and I also wanted to maintain my ability to go out and socialize with my friends in public and work.

So once again tell me how having a different opinion makes me an antivaxxer? I simply wanted an alternative approach but settled for the one the government chose instead without any fuss.

I know you're not fat. Because every single fat person I know has been persecuted, derided, ridiculed, shunned, exploited, excluded, disrespected, bullied, teased, discriminated against and shamed throughout their lives.

As a society, we hate fat people and we shame them constantly.

I even do it myself. I'm somewhat of a fattist.

The thing with fat people though, is that very, very few of them actually want to be fat. Almost all want to change.

Anti-vaxers don't.

This notion that fat people are lauded in society whilst these poor anti-vaxers are being persecuted is just utter nonsense.
I never claimed they were lauded in society. I pointed out that I think its wrong that anti vaxxers have been blamed by certain politicians for being the root cause of prolonging the pandemic when in reality the obese are just as much, if not more likely to be to blame but escape the same levels of criticism.

If you aren't going to address my issue with you labelling me an anti vaxxer with no evidence, I would like you to retract your statement and admit you were merely jumping to conclusions due to your own bias beliefs.

What?????

No.

That was the Chinese research early in the pandemic. Back when the Western world was declaring that there was no evidence that universal masks worked (because no-one had done a study on it). The Chinese Government did a very simple test of how much masks reduced aerosol spray. They found that the surgical ones reduced quantity and distance of spray. The cloth ones reduced the quantity, but in some cases increased the distance (cloth ones probably still worked with the wild strain, as quantity was really significant for spread). Thus they mandated the surgical ones, because logic made it obvious that it would decrease spread by effectively creating greater social distance.

Having a different opinion on how to best deal with a pandemic is not antivax rhetoric. Its a different opinion. I believe the government should have spent their money and efforts working towards effective treatments rather than preventative measures as throughout history its proven borderline impossible to effectively vaccinate or stop the spread of a respiratory corona virus. I wanted the government to beef up hospitals and invest in health care workers more and I wanted them to inform the public of how severe the risks of covid were to the obese and unhealthy. I disagreed with mandating a vaccine for all sectors during a workforce crisis as it would further limit the amount of capable workers to treat those in need...

These arent wild conspiracy theories or outlandish ideas... they are just regulation opinions which differ to your own.

I took the vaccines because I wanted my best chance of survival for not only myself but also my immuno compromised dad and I also wanted to maintain my ability to go out and socialize with my friends in public and work.

So once again tell me how having a different opinion makes me an antivaxxer? I simply wanted an alternative approach but settled for the one the government chose instead without any fuss.

Look over there at the obese people is a tried and true piece of antivax rhetoric.

Complaining about bigotry when you get called on it is straight from the playbook.

Posting vague assertions that seem to be facts but are not backed up by anything is straight from the playbook.

Admitting to having your shots anyway is also straight from the playbook.

It is also typical to post in a very self centered way, note your quote above.

Look over there at the obese people is a tried and true piece of antivax rhetoric.

Complaining about bigotry when you get called on it is straight from the playbook.

Posting vague assertions that seem to be facts but are not backed up by anything is straight from the playbook.

Admitting to having your shots anyway is also straight from the playbook.

It is also typical to post in a very self centered way, note your quote above.
Soooo 0 evidence? Thanks I'll note that your opinions and statements are based on nothing but fluff from now on.

Anti vax playbook... what a load of absolute rubbish.

What effective treatments would you suggest other than the ones currently being used?

I pointed out that I think its wrong that anti vaxxers have been blamed by certain politicians for being the root cause of prolonging the pandemic when in reality the obese are just as much, if not more likely to be to blame but escape the same levels of criticism.
Is there evidence that been overweight increases your chances of catching covid?
I know there is evidence that a BMI over 23 is associated with worse outcomes....
Lets not forget also, that the underweight are at increased risk too.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What effective treatments would you suggest other than the ones currently being used?
Monoclonal antibodies have had fantastic effects in treating covid in other countries, (however early signs are that they have been less effective on Omicron according to reports) as far as I know the TGA has only bought over 7700 units from other countries which won't get us far - happy to be corrected but thats the only order I've heard in regards to it re Australia.

Investment into more ICU beds - which happened to be promised by the Andrews government but never delivered - In China they actually built 2 covid hospitals within 2 weeks. We have not attempted anything similar - not to say we'd do it in 2 weeks but while the construction industry had jobs put on hold and workers laid off due to restrictions and a lack of work this would have provided opportunity for many trades in need and would help us in the beef up the hospital system during and after the pandemic.

An effective plan to keep nurses and health care workers on without the need for a vaccine mandate - invest in a system which would allow the use of RAT tests and PCR tests or something entirely new which could allow us to keep these workers in the field without risking patients and co workers safety. What that system is I have no idea but there are other countries who have not implemented these mandates and their health systems have no collapsed as of yet.

Then theres a whole heap of other medicinal drugs which im not going to bother naming as I'm not a pharmacist, nor am I a scientist and nor do I claim to be. However the main focus of the Australian model has been on importing the covid vaccines rather than trialling and creating treatments for people who actually have covid.

The current advice in Australia is to isolate at home until your symptoms are so terrible that you need to head to the hospital - some other countries have been sending out treatment packages to citizens who test positive and while they differ all across the world they are rumoured to include vitamin drips, anti HIV medications and the infamous ivermectin (plz for the love of god im not telling anyone to take it) amongst other things. These drugs have already been approved by their drug administrations as safe for use and even if their benefits may be limited I believe it is better to try something than sit around doing nothing.

Now regardless of my scientific understanding of these drugs or the vaccines... I know that it is not effective to wait until someones symptoms are bad enough to go to the hospital, early treatment and prevention is the best thing you can do in any case.

While I have no issue with the vaccine program aside from the mandate, I believe it has led to a situation where all talk of other treatments has been unfairly dismissed without proper investigation and now we are stuck in a situation where the vaccines we were promised turned out not to be as effective as initially thought and we have no effective treatments of active cases arriving at the hospital. Many scientists and doctors pointed out quite early on that we needed to invest in other means of dealing with the pandemic, to make sure we have multiple options... instead it seems like Australia has put all their eggs in one basket without any real effective means of dealing with rising hospitilizations and heaven forbid if we end up with a strain which the vaccines have no effect on.

That was the Chinese research early in the pandemic. Back when the Western world was declaring that there was no evidence that universal masks worked (because no-one had done a study on it). The Chinese Government did a very simple test of how much masks reduced aerosol spray. They found that the surgical ones reduced quantity and distance of spray. The cloth ones reduced the quantity, but in some cases increased the distance (cloth ones probably still worked with the wild strain, as quantity was really significant for spread). Thus they mandated the surgical ones, because logic made it obvious that it would decrease spread by effectively creating greater social distance.

No.

Monoclonal antibodies have had fantastic effects in treating covid in other countries, (however early signs are that they have been less effective on Omicron according to reports) as far as I know the TGA has only bought over 7700 units from other countries which won't get us far - happy to be corrected but thats the only order I've heard in regards to it re Australia.

Investment into more ICU beds - which happened to be promised by the Andrews government but never delivered - In China they actually built 2 covid hospitals within 2 weeks. We have not attempted anything similar - not to say we'd do it in 2 weeks but while the construction industry had jobs put on hold and workers laid off due to restrictions and a lack of work this would have provided opportunity for many trades in need and would help us in the beef up the hospital system during and after the pandemic.

An effective plan to keep nurses and health care workers on without the need for a vaccine mandate - invest in a system which would allow the use of RAT tests and PCR tests or something entirely new which could allow us to keep these workers in the field without risking patients and co workers safety. What that system is I have no idea but there are other countries who have not implemented these mandates and their health systems have no collapsed as of yet.

Then theres a whole heap of other medicinal drugs which im not going to bother naming as I'm not a pharmacist, nor am I a scientist and nor do I claim to be. However the main focus of the Australian model has been on importing the covid vaccines rather than trialling and creating treatments for people who actually have covid.

The current advice in Australia is to isolate at home until your symptoms are so terrible that you need to head to the hospital - some other countries have been sending out treatment packages to citizens who test positive and while they differ all across the world they are rumoured to include vitamin drips, anti HIV medications and the infamous ivermectin (plz for the love of god im not telling anyone to take it) amongst other things. These drugs have already been approved by their drug administrations as safe for use and even if their benefits may be limited I believe it is better to try something than sit around doing nothing.

Now regardless of my scientific understanding of these drugs or the vaccines... I know that it is not effective to wait until someones symptoms are bad enough to go to the hospital, early treatment and prevention is the best thing you can do in any case.

While I have no issue with the vaccine program aside from the mandate, I believe it has led to a situation where all talk of other treatments has been unfairly dismissed without proper investigation and now we are stuck in a situation where the vaccines we were promised turned out not to be as effective as initially thought and we have no effective treatments of active cases arriving at the hospital. Many scientists and doctors pointed out quite early on that we needed to invest in other means of dealing with the pandemic, to make sure we have multiple options... instead it seems like Australia has put all their eggs in one basket without any real effective means of dealing with rising hospitilizations and heaven forbid if we end up with a strain which the vaccines have no effect on.
That's just utter nonsense.

That's blatant anti-vax rubbish.

Research and studies into, and development of treatments have been happening for the past 2 years, and continue to happen. It's totally misleading and dishonest to run with false statements that anti-vaxers repeatedly peddle regarding 'no focus on treatments'.

The stuff that has been 'dismissed', has been dismissed because it's ineffective rubbish such as ivermectin that has literally been scientifically proven to not be a safe and/or effective treatment for COVID.

Treatments are in use. Antivirals can be useful but need to be used early in the infection. If patients don’t get to hospital for many days until they are really sick, the treatments aren’t suitable. Budesonide and Sotrovimab are a couple I’ve heard about. Crankyhawk would have more info.

That's just utter nonsense.

That's blatant anti-vax rubbish.

Research and studies into, and development of treatments have been happening for the past 2 years, and continue to happen. It's totally misleading and dishonest to run with false statements that anti-vaxers repeatedly peddle regarding 'no focus on treatments'.

The stuff that has been 'dismissed', has been dismissed because it's ineffective rubbish such as ivermectin that has literally been scientifically proven to not be a safe and/or effective treatment for COVID.
India and Japan currently use ivermectin as an early treatment for covid. I also stated that I do not know any of the scientific data for these medications my point was that they are factually safe for use and while other countries send out these treatment packages to positive cases, Australia has no developed a single similar system with any other drugs the TGA have prescribed to be used for treating covid in its early stages

India and Japan currently use ivermectin as an early treatment for covid. I also stated that I do not know any of the scientific data for these medications my point was that they are factually safe for use and while other countries send out these treatment packages to positive cases, Australia has no developed a single similar system with any other drugs the TGA have prescribed to be used for treating covid in its early stages
More anti-vaxer misleading rubbish.

Invermectin is safe for use in certain doses. That's true. But those safe dosage levels are not effective at all against COVID.

Literally the first paper published on it by the Aussie scientist stated this. She's even stated it repeatedly since.

The grifters that sell the s**t and anti-vaxers ignore this, and peddle it to fools regardless.

A few people in here are so quick to just label anything they've heard a single negative story about on the news as Anti Vaxx. It's embarrassing that you believe your views are so full proof and that anyone who disagrees with them must automatically come under the same stereotypes as the lunatics of society preaching this is all Bill Gates fault.

I can be wrong about everything I've typed as maybe the limited data I've read online or heard on the news isn't up to date with the leading trials and research, that's okay. I'm always fine accepting I was wrong if it turns out to be the case. But to be labelled an anti vaxxer so willy nilly is honestly as low as it gets from your vitriolic hate mob

You must think your own sh*ts don't stink

Back