Transgender

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that the tolerance of anti-trans language on BF is at an all-time low. Jokes and insults that are trans-related, as well as anti-trans and bigoted rhetoric will be met with infractions, threadbans etc as required. It's a sensitive (and important) topic, so behave like well-mannered adults when discussing it, PARTICULARLY when disagreeing. This equally applies across the whole site.

Last edited:
You'd think people hell bent on redefining things could, well, define things.
I think the point of the conversation around gender is that it only tangentally relates to biological sex.

Do me a favour, and define feminity/masculinity in terms of behaviour; ie, what is feminine/masculine behaviour? Does feminine/masculine behaviour exist, if they - the identity of feminity or masculinity - is considered separate to biology?

Also Murphy knew the game being played

We're also talking about a Senator that was suggesting the AFP used sonic weapons on the Canberra convoy, you know like Craig Kelly did

He's not asking in good faith

Can you give a definition of woman that fits all women???

It's a stupid gotcha question, begging for a soundbite for fox and skynews.
That’s all they were after, fear mongering for anther election conservative talking point.
Antic is an imbecile, so I’m not sure he could define it anyway.

Here:

But then, you've had issues with how you phrase things before - as in, you thought your meaning was clear when it was otherwise - so I'd understand if it wasn't what you intended this meant.
Really?

You take two seperate, independent statements and put the link together yourself in an attempt to prove some sort of point?

Desperate times, desperate measures...

Pretty sure that is the EXACT point being made.

I can't believe people on here are comfortable in defending it being ok that this is where we are currently at as a society.

o_O o_O o_O
uuuughhh... I promised myself I'd be nice to people today.

Fadge, can you give a definition of woman that fits all women??? From before we reached this point 'currently' 'as a society'?'
What year would you say you could give a definition of woman, that fits all women? Pick a year and give your definition.

uuuughhh... I promised myself I'd be nice to people today.

Fadge, can you give a definition of woman that fits all women??? From before we reached this point 'currently' 'as a society'?'
What year would you say you could give a definition of woman, that fits all women? Pick a year and give your definition.
There would have been no answer that would have satisfied those guys. They were just grandstanding.

Really?

You take two seperate, independent statements and put the link together yourself in an attempt to prove some sort of point?

Desperate times, desperate measures...
Ah.

Poor little misunderstood Fadge. Everyone tripping over themselves to misinterpret his posts willfully.

Do you ever tire of playing the victim?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wittgenstein was wrong the first time, right the second time. Language is approximation, sometimes pretty good, sometimes not so good approximation. The lady did well to avoid the question.

WTF?

Words have definitions. That's how languages work...
Words are made up as are the definitions
we agree that words have certain meanings so we can communicate
the words and the meanings are not universal though even before you get to slang

there are words that exist in english but not other languages and vice versa, eg no direct equivalent, in some cases the concept doesn't exist for the people speaking the other language

gravity is a word, it has a definition, based on scientific understanding of what gravity is, which is not a static understanding meaning how accurate the definition of gravity is to the reality is approximate and changes over time if new information comes to light

but that doesn't mean that people outside the field of study understand or are even aware of the change of definition

language evolves, meanings for words change, not just from new learning but also from how people use the word and change the meaning themselves

language is not an absolute truth

He gave some pretty simple prompts in an attempt to assist.
He is a simp.
The really smart folk played him like the fiddle he is and he couldn’t collect his paycheque like the little shill he is!
He got played, he played himself, what a loser!😂👍

the words and the meanings are not universal though even before you get to slang

there are words that exist in english but not other languages and vice versa, eg no direct equivalent, in some cases the concept doesn't exist for the people speaking the other language

gravity is a word, it has a definition, based on scientific understanding of what gravity is, which is not a static understanding meaning how accurate the definition of gravity is to the reality is approximate and changes over time if new information comes to light

but that doesn't mean that people outside the field of study understand or are even aware of the change of definition

language evolves, meanings for words change, not just from new learning but also from how people use the word and change the meaning themselves

Have a gay old day mate.

Exactly and the majority of people dont like the changes you are proposing (not on here though).

Agree with all of that, language does indeed evolve.

But at any given point in time, a word has a specific definition, which may be different to the definition for that same word 10, 50, or 500 years prior.

A word that existed 1000 years ago may no longer exist, and new words may be formed and added to a language structure.

So on this specific point, are you saying that the word 'Woman' should no longer exist, because it can't be defined?

I have said this before and will say it again, we are getting closer and closer to the juncture where the concept of sex and gender no longer exist, and we will all just exist as people. If that ever eventuates, those who pushed for it in the first place will realise they should have been a lot more careful about what they wished for...

On the inability of those representing the Workplace Gender Equality Authority to define 'Woman', it is interesting to note the word 'woman' is referenced 45 times on their public website, whilst the word 'women' is used 304 times.

One would think if a word is so commonly used on their website, and arguably the fundamental initial reason for the establishment of the government department, the organisation should be able to define it...

Ah.

Poor little misunderstood Fadge. Everyone tripping over themselves to misinterpret his posts willfully.

Do you ever tire of playing the victim?
Do you ever tire of being called out on your lies?

Post 1 - 'Santa Claus something something...'
Post 2 (completely independent and unrelated) - 'Nazi something something'

Gethelred - 'You said Santa Claus is a Nazi!'

(Note - I'm happy to have proven Godwin's Law)

Do you ever tire of being called out on your lies?
Name a lie I've told, Fadge.
Post 1 - 'Santa Claus something something...'
Post 2 (completely independent and unrelated) - 'Nazi something something'

Gethelred - 'You said Santa Claus is a Nazi!'

(Note - I'm happy to have proven Godwin's Law)
Quote the post where I said Santa Claus is a Nazi.

Would you like to make a wager, Fadge? I am more than willing to stake my account on what I know I didn't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back