Preview Round 18 v North Melbourne Marvel Stadium Sat 16th July 4.35 SONSIE Debuts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good changes all things considered. Gibcus will go back to allow Miller to play second ruck and Balta up front to keep the forward structure intact. Or at least looking like it's intact. I was pleasantly surprised and I certainly didn't think both Castagna and Aarts would be dropped and the fact that they were, and so quickly, leads me to think that it might have been the last chance for both of them.

Young Maurice will be back in the side before them.

Pretty good changes all things considered. Gibcus will go back to allow Miller to play second ruck and Balta up front to keep the forward structure intact. Or at least looking like it's intact. I was pleasantly surprised and I certainly didn't think both Castagna and Aarts would be dropped and the fact that they were, and so quickly, leads me to think that it might have been the last chance for both of them.

Young Maurice will be back in the side before them.
I think you're on the money...Dimma will back you in, specially his old favs, but only so far.... a bit like baseball rule - 3 strikes and your out. Caddy paid for it this way.

that team is
dance dancing GIF by Katy Perry

From 3 pressure forwards to none - our backline will be hoping the forwards are marking everything otherwise its going to be going the other way in a hurry, a lot
Baker will play forward and Bolton will spend more time forward with Cotchin and Sonsie in as mids.

Why are people assuming Miller will play 2nd ruck?
I’ve personally never seen him in the ruck, ever… has anyone?

I’ll bet anyone that Balta plays relief ruck
Miller will be down back. Balta and Gibcus were the ones training as forwards, so I'm assuming they'll all play where they trained.

Miller will be down back. Balta and Gibcus were the ones training as forwards, so I'm assuming they'll all play where they trained.
Correct. And Gibbo might play a little back also at stages.

Gives us great flexibility.

Baker will play forward and Bolton will spend more time forward with Cotchin and Sonsie in as mids.
Bloody hilarious, we worked out that we were a better team with Balta and Baker in the backline and bringing back small pressure forwards we win 7 of the next 10 games, with the Total losing margin of 11 points for the 3 losses...

and just because we lose both our ruckman to injury and we fall over we throw the baby out with the bath water and go back to the team structure that didnt work in the first 6 weeks

Amazing how logical decision making goes out the window when people are embarrassed and that was an embarrassing loss to the Suns

Bloody hilarious, we worked out that we were a better team with Balta and Baker in the backline and bringing back small pressure forwards we win 7 of the next 10 games, with the Total losing margin of 11 points for the 3 losses...

and just because we lose both our ruckman to injury and we fall over we throw the baby out with the bath water and go back to the team structure that didnt work in the first 6 weeks

Amazing how logical decision making goes out the window when people are embarrassed and that was an embarrassing loss to the Suns
Yeah I would’ve kept MRJ in for sure but he had to drop George…
Aarts for Sonsie I’m very happy with too

Last edited:
Yeah I would’ve kept MRJ for sure but he had to drop George…
Aarts for Sonsie I’m very happy with
The problem is:
OUT anyone that chases and tackles
IN no one that chases and tackles

and Cotchin with a plate in his chest, against the bottom team, feels like the act of a desperate coach that is terrified of losing. We did the same thing after the loss to West Coast last year (bringing back injured senior players instead of playing the reserves) RCD should have been in off his solid VFL form over the last month tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're on the money...Dimma will back you in, specially his old favs, but only so far.... a bit like baseball rule - 3 strikes and your out. Caddy paid for it this way.
I also think that internally, they would have not been as forgiving as we think about the screw ups. Dimma would be well aware that Castagna has not been up to it, and maybe he feels he had no other good options. Would love to see the club be ruthless at end of the year with list management

Really hate the idea of a ruckman a sub. So stupid. Either play nank or give ryan a go
I agree

Unless Nank is 100% fit with no chance of losing him for the game or even worse long term
Play Ryan with Miller , Balta rotating and our mids just dealing with reading the oppositions taps

Castagna not even an emergency while Aarts is.

When Aarts has leapfrogged you then you know you are in trouble. Reckon Castagnas game on weekend was last straw.

Hope Sonsie doesnt go down the two goals then dissapearing act of Cumberland and Clarke, Still Cumberland would have learned a lot from last week.

Hope also that Horne-Francis doesn't give us a lesson is unselfishness.

If Noble was a cause of unrest then players will be super keen to play under a new coach before he says anything. He is a popular figure down there is Adams. That can get players playing above themselves for a couple of weeks.

Would be happy with the 4 points this week any way we can get them

Really hate the idea of a ruckman a sub. So stupid. Either play nank or give ryan a go

It’s not stupid at all ….Think it through … Ryan sub makes perfect sense if Nank plays but they’re not 100% sure if he’ll get through the game. So for example … play Edwards and have Ryan sub.

Because the alternative is to play Edwards as sub, and start the game with Nank and Ryan in the 22. But then if Nank gets through and we get no injuries we’ve played Ryan without needing to.

And if a runner gets injured and Ryan comes on as sub, it’s no different to as if we started Ryan in the 22 anyway.

So it’s actually a great way to play a single ruck but have insurance if your ruck is a bit fragile or going into the game with an injury.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With you on this one. Our medical staff have been pretty strange of late. This call is up there with:

NO STRETCHER FOR YOU Dion.

I think they've lost the plot.

They thought Nank had done his PCL. Nank thought he’d done something pretty bad also. Soldo could battle on with broken thumb.

Why are people assuming Miller will play 2nd ruck?
I’ve personally never seen him in the ruck, ever… has anyone?

I’ll bet anyone that Balta plays relief ruck
think he rucked some time during his draft year? also rucked a game or 2 this year i think? cos we had no ruck depth in the vfl, but obviously hasn't been training for it

mightve rucked some games for a bit in previous years but my memory is shot

not saying that he will ruck but yea, would like to see how gibcus and balta line up as fwds though

The problem is:
OUT anyone that chases and tackles
IN no one that chases and tackles

and Cotchin with a plate in his chest, against the bottom team, feels like the act of a desperate coach that is terrified of losing. We did the same thing after the loss to West Coast last year (bringing back injured senior players instead of playing the reserves) RCD should have been in off his solid VFL form over the last month tbh

I think Dimma watched that game and realised we are not going to win finals with unskilled hacks like George and Aarts in the team, regardless of their supposed pressure. Our major issue all year has been ‘leaving goals on the table’. It was 7 or 8 last week.

If we can finish off our work better forward of centre then that’s a higher priority than pressure applied by spuds. I think it’s especially true this week with Lynch out - without Lynch we can’t afford multiple poor finishers in the team, or others who are struggling to find the ball (MRJ) if we want to kick a winning score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back