Preview Round 18 v North Melbourne Marvel Stadium Sat 16th July 4.35 SONSIE Debuts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw - what the hell is will all these drop down ads on Big Footy atm and now their inserting them in between posts?! I'm all for sponsorhip and advenrtising revenue to keep the site rolling but this is starting to get invasive and stop affecting the functionality of the forum. Has anyone else noticed?
Agree. I understand the need for ads but it’s become too much. Bloody annoying

Rapt to have another debutant in Sons - but I'm genuinely afraid that if he doesn't get 41 touches, kicks 7.0, and lays 53 tackles he'll be written off in this forum and be forever known as 'Tyler the Plodder'
That is the first time on BigFooty that I have seen someone spell "rapt" correctly.
Congratulations.

Ticketing for this game is like the hunger games, esp if you are a H/A member and they wonder why crowds are down

Here is a good deal for anyone $20 but if you have a H/A membership they want you to pay an additional $20

I can’t wait to see Sonsie in the forwardline

Having him alongside Baker and Bolton is going to be awesome viewing!

Having someone who can actually finish around goals instead of Aarts and Castagna is going to be a great feeling

I’m hoping he can nail a spot for the rest of the year
Genuinely excited!
would have thought the same thing about N Cumberland

That is the first time on BigFooty that I have seen someone spell "rapt" correctly.
Congratulations.

The best is people saying "you're speaking dribble"

Its drivel boys and girls

Its been said 100 times already but I'm so wrapped with the response from Dimma and the selection panel with the ins and outs this week. It shows me that they are seeing things the same way we are. I thought Castagna and Aarts games were deplorable and that if you continue to not take your chances in front of goal as forwards, you're out. I appreciate that the role of the samll forward is a complex and often unrewarding one but if you do not generate the pressure and opportunity for others either, I say that you've run your race.

The only omission of all of the outs that I'm torn on, is MRJ. Even though statistically he seems off the pace, he creates goal after goal through his pressure. The crowd buys into it and in the end the defenders absolutely crap the bed every time he is anywhere near.

I want to give Cummerland (sp?) a chance. From the brief snapshot I saw though, he's not defensively minded. He might get the goals himself but may not create goals for others. I'm happy to hold my opinion on him though for at least a few more games.

Having Nank back in the team doesn't seem possible for me. He was out with a PCL ffs! If he actually does play this week, it will be an amazing turn about. He means so much to the team especially now that Soldo is out.

I like seeing Balta rotating through the middle as the second ruck and up forward. I think it suits his game but then, so does the backline. Gibcus can play forward but is never going to be able to our wrestle an opponent so will need to get them on the move. Tough gig for a first year player.

I'm excited to see Sonsie play. I've seen enough of him at VFL level to not be expecting the world from him but he deserves his shot. I have high expectations on him moving forward though. I really think he has the skill set to become a star for us.

The biggest in's for mine though is Vlaustin and our spiritual captain - Cotch. They add so much to the team and everyone walks taller with them by their side. We will not lose against the Roo's with them in the team - not even a chance. So be prepared for an almighty smashing on our behalf and another week of bemoaning North's terrible list. I beat Dusty's happy he never went there now!!

Btw - what the hell is will all these drop down ads on Big Footy atm and now their inserting them in between posts?! I'm all for sponsorhip and advenrtising revenue to keep the site rolling but this is starting to get invasive and stop affecting the functionality of the forum. Has anyone else noticed?

Download ublock origin. Haven't seen internet ads anywhere in like 10 yrs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So members can go up to level 2 and not have to pay anything extra.

Just depends on which view you prefer. I prefer level one, but the tight fisted part of me says "* paying those **********s any more money, I'll sit up top!"

Caesar at PRE confirmed all 22 selected players at captain's run today. Getting the feeling Nank will play and we'll just cover him with Ryan as emergency.

Good news.

Missing Dusty, Lynch, Lambert (can't count him anymore sadly), and then to a lesser degree Ross and maybe Stack from the best 22, but otherwise we have a good enough side in this week to give things a proper shake.

Hopefully Dusty next week and Lynch the week after, and let's see how we go :)

From 3 pressure forwards to none - our backline will be hoping the forwards are marking everything otherwise its going to be going the other way in a hurry, a lot
Would have loved MJ to stay in but reckon he is needed on family duties but family comes first

George and Aarts underwhelming…and no real scoreboard impact so no choice but to drop them

with Cummbers, Shedda, Bolton Picket and Bakes JGTI…and even Tyler …reckon well apply more than enough pressure

Last edited:
Caesar at PRE confirmed all 22 selected players at captain's run today. Getting the feeling Nank will play and we'll just cover him with Ryan as emergency.

Good news.

Missing Dusty, Lynch, Lambert (can't count him anymore sadly), and then to a lesser degree Ross and maybe Stack from the best 22, but otherwise we have a good enough side in this week to give things a proper shake.

Hopefully Dusty next week and Lynch the week after, and let's see how we go :)
VFL will be interesting if ryan is the sub, colina not listed, ryan is our only "ruck" in the VFL, bauer is like 192cm, biggy 197cm but our main kpd, young is a vfl listed kpd who rucked earlier in the year is 196cm (surprisingly actually really good with hitouts to advantage).

so we either do no real ruck and just have lachie street ruck which i swear we've done before, or have young ruck and only have 1 kpd. or just play ryan in vfl and have an extra runner be the emg for AFL

wouldn't mind mansell as the sub, can play fwd or back and we have enough 'mids' as it is i don't think we need dow as the sub, and aarts is... probably the 'best' listed emg but he's also aarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back