Preview Round 18 v North Melbourne Marvel Stadium Sat 16th July 4.35 SONSIE Debuts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw - what the hell is with all these drop down ads on Big Footy atm. Now they're inserting them in between posts?! I'm all for sponsorhip and advenrtising revenue to keep the site rolling but this is starting to get invasive and is affecting the functionality of the forum. Has anyone else noticed?
This is my first post in around 3 weeks as I think one the advertisers on here installed a browser hijack on my phone. From time to time you accidently hit and open advertising sites as you scroll, but one must have been malicious. If I came onto Bigfooty, after 3 secs, bang, the advert took over the browser. Only on Bigfooty though. So I just checked once a week to see if it was still happening and finally seems to have been either been discovered and removed by admin IT, or once the advertiser stopped their campaign, I was free again.

Advertising doesn't worry me at all as I can ignore it no problem. I think advertisers more and more are aware many are like me and they need more 'in you face' methods. I get the need for revenue to maintain a quality service, so pay for a membership or put up with advertising. Malicious software is not on though!

This is my first post in around 3 weeks as I think one the advertisers on here installed a browser hijack on my phone. From time to time you accidently hit and open advertising sites as you scroll, but one must have been malicious. If I came onto Bigfooty, after 3 secs, bang, the advert took over the browser. Only on Bigfooty though. So I just checked once a week to see if it was still happening and finally seems to have been either been discovered and removed by admin IT, or once the advertiser stopped their campaign, I was free again.

Advertising doesn't worry me at all as I can ignore it no problem. I think advertisers more and more are aware many are like me and they need more 'in you face' methods. I get the need for revenue to maintain a quality service, so pay for a membership or put up with advertising. Malicious software is not on though!
Me too, I am getting a pop-up when using Chrome (telling me that I have won a phone from Google), so I shifted over to DuckDuckGo, and now not a single add.

Me too, I am getting a pop-up when using Chrome (telling me that I have won a phone from Google), so I shifted over to DuckDuckGo, and now not a single add.
BF getting shifty now selling ad space to scam sites with invasive popup s**t. Pretty slimey.

I was getting that spam ad. Seems to have gone now in Chrome.

BF getting shifty now selling ad space to scam sites with invasive popup s**t. Pretty slimey.

The big wigs of the site have been made aware of the ad issues going on atm and have been trying to work out a fix with limited success, but they definitely know about them and are trying to sort it out asap

The big wigs of the site have been made aware of the ad issues going on atm and have been trying to work out a fix with limited success, but they definitely know about them and are trying to sort it out asap
Just been made aware of this thread that might help as well
EDIT:

This is happening on the CHROME MOBILE BROWSER mainly. It is a kind of exploit of your browser.

While it is being fixed, please try using the Safari, Brave, DuckDuckGo, or Firefox browser.

Try clearing your browser cache. That should kill any cookies that they may have left behind.

IPHONE USERS! Potential solution here:

- Chief

======================================

Been getting high jack spam on this site when using via smartphone. Can this be addressed?

View attachment 1435328

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There a thread about it on the support forum, I copped it as well.

I still remember the Jason McCartney game when he returned to play and the Tigers lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back