Preview Round 18 v West Coast Optus Stadium Sunday July 16 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are 'only playing West Coast' but what happens when Soldo goes off and Miller goes into the ruck. We will be left with Jack, who hasn't had a kick in weeks, and he is on a very good player in Barass, and Pickett, who I can't recall taking a mark inside 50 and has kicked 3 or 4 goals in the 8 odd weeks he has been playing forward.

Previously we have used Ryan, who whilst pretty ineffective was at least able to present in the air. We finally included Bauer, unlucky for him. So we go into this week with our no.1 problem all year after Lynch went down, with even less forward power than we have all year. I cannot see how including someone like Bradtke, or even going back to Ryan if need be, is going to be less effective than Pickett, who whilst being played out of position has done nothing.

Vlaustin

You dont play VFL level players just because someone "might get injured"

I know we are 'only playing West Coast' but what happens when Soldo goes off and Miller goes into the ruck. We will be left with Jack, who hasn't had a kick in weeks, and he is on a very good player in Barass, and Pickett, who I can't recall taking a mark inside 50 and has kicked 3 or 4 goals in the 8 odd weeks he has been playing forward.

Previously we have used Ryan, who whilst pretty ineffective was at least able to present in the air. We finally included Bauer, unlucky for him. So we go into this week with our no.1 problem all year after Lynch went down, with even less forward power than we have all year. I cannot see how including someone like Bradtke, or even going back to Ryan if need be, is going to be less effective than Pickett, who whilst being played out of position has done nothing.
Your summary is harsh but absolutely correct. We have absolutely nothing to lose picking Bradtke and every thing to gain. I personally think he might be better at afl level than vfl level. If playing him does nothing else it will allow us to see how far off the pace he is and if we need to go all in on someone like HH next year

pretty simple just kick it along the ground inside 50, whenever we do that it comes off in our favour like 90% of the time

when we bomb we loose 80% of the time
A good option in my opinion, have said previously we are a chaos based team at our best and if I am an opposition defender I don't want the ball coming in along the ground, I want it up in the air for an easy intercept or spoiling opportunity.

Hi all. What did we make of Sam Banks' game last week?

It looks like he played in the HBF role that we have seen in the VFL. However, he only had 13 disposals from 65% TOG.

Was there anything different about his role that caused his AFL numbers to be so drastically different to his VFL numbers? Or could we put this down to the fact that it was his first game?

Thanks in advance for your insight :)

match-120381707-1013197.png

Hi all. What did we make of Sam Banks' game last week?

It looks like he played in the HBF role that we have seen in the VFL. However, he only had 13 disposals from 65% TOG.

Was there anything different about his role that caused his AFL numbers to be so drastically different to his VFL numbers? Or could we put this down to the fact that it was his first game?

Thanks in advance for your insight :)

match-120381707-1013197.png
I think just 1st game jitters
He was also a little hesitant in the 1st half and made a few errors but definitely looked like he adjusted to the pace in the 2nd half

Don’t think he will be wracking up 25 possies in the short term but think anything around the high teens is achievable especially if he takes a few kick outs (he took a couple last week so might get a few more opportunities this week)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only way to play with one tall forward is to hit up an easy 10/10 target or if not an option roll it in

bolton and mrj should feast on it and create carnage
I’m getting a bad feeling about this game , we need to win by plenty but have no 0ne to kick a bag or two

Sorry for the intrusion, but just wanted to let you know
Shuey and Hurn didn't play against the lions, both pulled up sore after the Saints game (would have been a 60+ rather then 80+ loss)
Yeo was out injured with a hip, back next week I think
McGovern and Tom Cole (sub) played their first game back in 10-12 weeks
Darling playing with an injured shoulder
Gaff likely to be dropped this week
From an Eagles point of view I expect Richmond to win by somewhere between 30-60 points.
One thing I will give you credit for,Regardless about on field performance your supporters for most part are still turning up. I assume if it gets closer to 30pts or under more a positive than not.

Where is a decent pub in Hobart to watch the game on Sunday? Staying at the Woolstore.
Ask DickieKnee he’s having a few of the tigers supporters over big 85 inch screen topless barmaid to serve the beers

One thing I will give you credit for,Regardless about on field performance your supporters for most part are still turning up. I assume if it gets closer to 30pts or under more a positive than not.
I've pretty much been happy if we beat the sportsbet line :laughing: (currently 41.5) and watch the kids get games.
If we get within 5 goals I and others will take that as a win, given the season to date.
Keen to watch Brady Hough (who I know) potentially line up on Bolton :gun: after keeping Charlie Cameron (out of form I know and plays a different role to Bolton) to no goals on the weekend when Bolton go's forward.
We've been a successful club throughout our history, so I think supporters get that we've made some mistakes on and off field (what club hasn't), and that we've had a never seen before injury curse (some of our own making, some unavoidable). Changes will happen, and we won't always be historically bad, so think some of our 100K plus members and however many non members are trying to lift the boys, and give the kids something.
Gaff confirmed as our sub.

Last edited:
I've watched all the VFL games this year, granted from a TV perspective so not as good as live, but he seems to work quite hard and covers a lot of ground. He seems to present up to the wing and back all game. The thing that has impressed me most is his work rate. Maybe that is why he gives the impresion that he is unfit. Of course he is not AFL fit, but he seems to work hard.

I've watched all the VFL games this year, granted from a TV perspective so not as good as live, but he seems to work quite hard and covers a lot of ground. He seems to present up to the wing and back all game. The thing that has impressed me most is his work rate. Maybe that is why he gives the impresion that he is unfit. Of course he is not AFL fit, but he seems to work hard.
Ryan has been named as an emerg. I think I recall Brisbane using Fort (ruck) as a sub. Mansell might be better.
See which ruck turns up in our VFL team at Southport on Saturday. Early VFL game Saturday....6 hour flight to Perth.

Or wait couple of hours for Sunday team annoucement. Gaff has been named as sub already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back