Preview Round 2 v Port MCG Sunday 24th March 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cumberland didn’t get a game at VFL or AFL level two weeks ago because he was a travelling emergency v the Suns.

The VFL team play in Queensland tomorrow so if he was AFL emergency he would miss out on a game again meaning by next weekend he would have played once in 4 weeks.
That’s poor player management

That’s poor player management

The fixture doesn’t help.

Last year when Cumberland would have a good game in the VFL then there would be a bye in the VFL the next week then they would play him in the AFL off a VFL bye.

This hopefully shows they’ve learnt from that and are going to give him some continuity before picking him.

Cumberland didn’t get a game at VFL or AFL level two weeks ago because he was a travelling emergency v the Suns.

The VFL team play in Queensland tomorrow so if he was AFL emergency he would miss out on a game again meaning by next weekend he would have played once in 4 weeks.
Clarke is the only emergency not named in the VFL squad so Cumberland plays some footy. A cluster f#33 with Ground zero way ahead of the VFL.

Cumbo thought of highly enough to be an emergency.

How often do emergencies get used?

Adem Yze needs to play inexperienced young teams like this most weeks, let's be real here it's not about wins & losses it's about getting games into the kids and picking up valuable experience there is no easy way to do it.
All for playing kids but you don't want em fronting up each week too a likely thrashing.
No choice this week due to injury but a nice balanced approach is needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't get how Cumbo doesn't get a look in yet Maurice Rioli gets a game each week. Don't give me this defensive garbage either because I've watched Cumbo play the past few VFL practice games and he has done a number of good chase down tackles and got rewarded.
Not even getting an emergency spot is a farce, yet Ralphsmith does who has don't absolutely nothing this year.
cumbo not getting a go is a crime against our club.

they are legit having a lend with lefau over clarke

gtfo and post the real team
We have only three ruck options in the side, Nank, Balta and Miller. If one of those does down we will be a second ruck and a KPP short. You can’t have a non competitive ruck against the port midfield

We have only three ruck options in the side, Nank, Balta and Miller. If one of those does down we will be a second ruck and a KPP short. You can’t have a non competitive ruck against the port midfield
soldo is gonna guve us a bath

this shite happened to him all last year too

cumbo not getting a go is a crime against our club.
This kid needs to be played in his natural position as well. Playing him as a forward when we don’t get the ball in our forward line and he runs around chasing opponents doesn’t seem to work for him. He seems to be a “see ball, get ball” player who plays his best in chaos. I would love to see him start in the centre occasionally then immediately swap forward. Dusty does it brilliantly so unfortunately if Dusty stays then Cumberland probably needs to look for opportunities elsewhere.

This kid needs to be played in his natural position as well. Playing him as a forward when we don’t get the ball in our forward line and he runs around chasing opponents doesn’t seem to work for him. He seems to be a “see ball, get ball” player who plays his best in chaos. I would love to see him start in the centre occasionally then immediately swap forward. Dusty does it brilliantly so unfortunately if Dusty stays then Cumberland probably needs to look for opportunities elsewhere.
honestly I cant see how we cant make room for him or give him a place, he has the attributes we desperately need, coaches snoozing once more, WE NEED speed and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back