Preview Round 7 v Melbourne ANZAC Eve MCG Wednesday April 24th 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin and Bolton are possibly the two least accountable midfielders in the league. Dropping McAuliffe is a terrible decision.

Let's see how many times Dees walk it out of the front of a center bounce tonight while Bolton and Dusty are goal side and Graham trails 3 Dees players streaming into 50.
Yes i agree with that, but Martin and Bolton are also have two of the highest centre clearance players (by %) in the league as well, so that offsets that somewhat. Graham will cover for them defensively, as he has done for years.

I think they might be worried about MacAuliffe's defensive running ability, great around the ball but not a great defensive player yet. That usually takes a few years. Having said that I wouldn't have dropped him because he is tough around the ball and at least has the physicality to take it up to Melbourne.

Who are we playing on the wings lol everyone wants Mcintosh and Pickett out, fair enough, but no one wants Hugo or Banks to come in. Somehow we are playing all 4 of them which is interesting.

McAuliffe was part of a midfield that got obliterated by West Coast. Melbournes is far better, Hopper had to come in. Ryan is rubbish, who cares if he never plays again. Sonsie should clearly be in for McIntosh, I assume Banks plays for Short and Miller goes forward. Playing 2 rucks not the worst, given Gawn single handidly beat us twice last season.
we need to beef up
our mid field.

Yes i agree with that, but Martin and Bolton are also have two of the highest centre clearance players (by %) in the league as well, so that offsets that somewhat. Graham will cover for them defensively, as he has done for years.

I think they might be worried about MacAuliffe's defensive running ability, great around the ball but not a great defensive player yet. That usually takes a few years. Having said that I wouldn't have dropped him because he is tough around the ball and at least has the physicality to take it up to Melbourne.
Yet they don't seem worried about Dows lack of football ability. Viney and Petracca will bully him tonight.

Yet they don't seem worried about Dows lack of football ability. Viney and Petracca will bully him tonight.
I'm a wait and see on Dow. I thought he was our only mid who actually went at the ball last week with any intent to get there first, but he had no backup. Physically he is undersized to play the role he does without a bit of muscle to help out, but he had Graham, who never gets first hands on it, Baker who is too small, MacAuliffe too young, Bolton at times who is not a first hands player and not much else to help out. Asking a lot against a midfield's as physically strong as WC's last week. A little better with Hopper in tonight, so will be able to judge better.

No real surprises out's ad in's.

Naismith is a better ruck that Ryan, and if stationed deep forward there wouldn't be a lot in it. Ryan kicked 4 last week, but took 4 marks for the game only. And the tallest Werribee back was about Grimes height. Did very little around the ground. Nank goes okay against Gawn. His work at ground level makes up for the lack of tap outs, but Nank makes it hard for his opponent. He has beaten Brundy and Marshall this year. Struggles against Williams for some reason. Naismith is not bad at the pressure as well.

just wondering where you got that information from?

1713933344603.png

just for reference the H stands for handballs, and the M stands for marks if you weren't aware !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have looked shaky in the BL this qtr, undersized but the effort still there. El Nor has been a little disappointing after his start to the season and his height has been missed.

Ryan isn't going to make it, simple as that.

he has all the tools to be a very good AFL player, except his body strength is very low. Players know what to do with him. Body on body and push him around = ineffectual and his opponent can get to the ball.

If Ryan can't get stronger he is gone as an AFL player. Such a pity, but you watch him and see what his opponent does. They know he can't hold his position, so they attack that and he is gone from the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back