Preview Round 6 v Melbourne MCG Monday April 24th 7.25pm - ANZAC Eve

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given they lost to Essendon who were without their number 1 forward I don't think they are playing as well as people think. Leaving at Brown and McDonald seems they are confident with Gawn/Grundy playing key forward most of the night and them going smaller actually helps our undermanned defence out at the moment.

Still think we will get smashed in the midfield so weight of numbers probably wins it for them.

Disappointed Sonsie was left out but looks like he will be the sub, I just don't think Mansell offers enough to be picked over Sonsie or Ross to be honest. I bleed every time I see Dan Butler playing at the Saints. We had the best zippy small forward group with Bolton, Butler, Rioli, Higgins, George , Stengle and Shedda/Lambert rotating at half forward in those premiership years and all we have left is Bolton doing half mid half forward and Rioli playing across half back. Could sure use a Butler type right now....

They have to start playing Ross full time, Cotchin's last year he has nothing to prove, just get midfield games into Ross and play Cotch as sub or even wing.

Given they lost to Essendon who were without their number 1 forward I don't think they are playing as well as people think. Leaving at Brown and McDonald seems they are confident with Gawn/Grundy playing key forward most of the night and them going smaller actually helps our undermanned defence out at the moment.

Still think we will get smashed in the midfield so weight of numbers probably wins it for them.

Disappointed Sonsie was left out but looks like he will be the sub, I just don't think Mansell offers enough to be picked over Sonsie or Ross to be honest. I bleed every time I see Dan Butler playing at the Saints. We had the best zippy small forward group with Bolton, Butler, Rioli, Higgins, George , Stengle and Shedda/Lambert rotating at half forward in those premiership years and all we have left is Bolton doing half mid half forward and Rioli playing across half back. Could sure use a Butler type right now....

They have to start playing Ross full time, Cotchin's last year he has nothing to prove, just get midfield games into Ross and play Cotch as sub or even wing.
Good point, we had 6 small forwards at one point. Seriously sucks that we don’t have any now, we just can’t seem to ever have the perfect list balance. Wish Stengle was good for us and we kept one or two of the others

I agree with playing youth - but trust me, history tells you too many inexperienced players and you can’t compete. 8 players under 25-games is too many as it is. Exposing Sonsie and/or Ross to a midfield that will likely obliterate them in a likely heavy loss (Demons are full friggin strength) is not good for their development IMO.

Look at some of the young ‘developing’ sides:

Hawks today had 9 players under 25-games. Adelaide had 4. Kangas had 4. GWS had 6. Eagles had 8.

We can’t just play them all because we want to look only to the future. Keep all the kids rotating in and out with appropriate senior bodies to ensure they don’t get demolished…. both the body and the scoreboard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

agree with this - last season we found the right balance which was about 6 players, 8 this week which is still probably a bridge too far - I think with Broad back next week that takes us to 7 and Graham after that should see us in pretty good nick beyond that even with Lynch and nank out.

Ross you can time his decision making with a sundial. Finds the footy well but too slow executing. Because he doesn’t have breakaway speed he needs to be make faster decisions.
Good honest toiler who can find the pill. But others are well in front

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 200 odd posts in the thread suggests we are all expecting a loss, a heavy one at that!
Lets hope the boys fire up for this one and surprise us all!

go tiges
richmond by 100 points

How has KMac survived the cull.

Ross played Wing/HFF late last year, I would have him in before KMac, he's been terrible this year
Because Dimma like's his wingers to be able to chop out for the defenders aerially and Ross can't do that.

I don't think Kmac has been terrible. He plays the most thankless role in the side. He articulated it pretty well in the interview he did before his 150th. His job is to run up and down the wing all game into space. It doesn't matter if he get's the ball or not, what's important is that he creates space in the middle by dragging his opponent with him. statistically this is one of his best seasons.

Because Dimma like's his wingers to be able to chop out for the defenders aerially and Ross can't do that.

I don't think Kmac has been terrible. He plays the most thankless role in the side. He articulated it pretty well in the interview he did before his 150th. His job is to run up and down the wing all game into space. It doesn't matter if he get's the ball or not, what's important is that he creates space in the middle by dragging his opponent with him. statistically this is one of his best seasons.
But we have proven Kmac doesn't do much of that either aerially.

What statistics prove the highlighted part?

I get he plays his role, but for us to improve as a team, we need to upgrade on players like Kmac

But we have proven Kmac doesn't do much of that either aerially.

What statistics prove the highlighted part?

I get he plays his role, but for us to improve as a team, we need to upgrade on players like Kmac
He often pushes back and get's a spoil in.

Career high in disposals, contested marks and clearances, 2nd most meters gained, 3rd most intercept marks are a few of them. Agree we could use an upgrade, but we don't have one yet and he hasn't been horrible.

Can we please just beat these bastards?

We’d have to be really on for that to happen. Our best players would have to play great games and our intensity would have to be at its best for 4 quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back