Preview Round 2 v Port MCG Sunday 24th March 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only saving grace is I don't really rate Ports backline. Zerk-Thatcher and Ratogleau are spud.
ratatoule always plays his grand final against us

Adem Yze needs to play inexperienced young teams like this most weeks, let's be real here it's not about wins & losses it's about getting games into the kids and picking up valuable experience there is no easy way to do it.
Completely agree, we need to pick as many kids as possible, but surround them with the older guys that can provide leadership.

For mine the older players I'd be using as a foundation of the side are:

B: ????? ????? Broad
HB: Short Vlastuin D.Rioli
C: ????? Taranto ?????
HF: Bolton Baker ?????
F: Lynch Martin Balta
R: Nankervis Hopper ?????
INT: ????? ????? ????? ????? ?????

That leaves 11 spots for younger players to be played, where they can stake their claims for a spot moving forward. A side based on this gives us a solid core of experienced players, that also have at least a couple more years left in them as we gradually transition to the next generation.

Didn't say Yze, learn to read. It's pretty clear Rutten and Teague have NFI. Failed coaches who are still on our payroll.

Oh yeah, because if the senior coach wanted him in the team he’d be overruled by his assistants. If Cumberland is as good as many seem to think, then he’ll string a handful of games together kicking 3’s and 4’s at VFL level and force his way in. If he continues with only VFL cameo’s he won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

it sucks for ben miller

he can do it but he's not suited to taking the #1 key forward, which is unfortunate cos he usually only comes in when our backline is decimated

but it's his chance to hopefully hold down a spot and I really hope he does because I don't want to have to keep sending balta back because we lose a match winner. having lynch is huge but balta adds another deadly avenue to goal

also my dreams came true for trezise and brown to get called up. I was looking forward to watching this week's vfl cos we're competitive in it but with us going to have 6 afl listed players missing this week...

hoping it's mrj sub & am in agreement with wondering why banks got called back up, I'm guessing it's just a "you got dropped cos experience came back even though you didn't deserve to be dropped" kind of nods?

anyway, good luck to the lads. at least we're being forced to play the yoof

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McAulliffe looking very good in the 1st qtr of the VFL (13 touches) Sonsie, Naismith, Hugo and Cumberland all having promising touches

Oh yeah, because if the senior coach wanted him in the team he’d be overruled by his assistants. If Cumberland is as good as many seem to think, then he’ll string a handful of games together kicking 3’s and 4’s at VFL level and force his way in. If he continues with only VFL cameo’s he won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
yeah like last year when he was killing it in the VFL and still couldn't get a game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back