Preview Round 1 v Carlton MCG Thursday March 14 7.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will get you 8 schooners of midstrength piss.
You'll walk away with a mild buzz at best and spend approximately 27 minutes in the toilet.
They have increased the prices yet again the bastards.
Bring a bottle of cheap wine in the boot with a plastic wine glass.
Have a few glases(cheese platter nice addon as well)
then make your way To the Richmond F G.

He's not going to be a star, but you know exactly what you're going to get from him. He's needed on the list atm bc of our age demographics, but needs to be upgraded as better kids develop.
Even when teams are contending, right on the cusp he’s the type of player you wantwith some actual afl level experience, mature body and knows the game plan, cost * all cap wise

When you have an injury when your club is in the window you know what you are going to get output wise and can work around it instead of a kid who might not be quite to the same level but will be an adequate stop gap to cover without losing a huge amount that will cost you games

When we won our flags we had the guys like Markov, Chol, Townsend, Aarts ect

They have increased the prices yet again the bastards.
Bring a bottle of cheap wine in the boot with a plastic wine glass.
Have a few glases(cheese platter nice addon as well)
then make your way To the Richmond F G.
Looks like I might be driving to games this season.

Even when teams are contending, right on the cusp he’s the type of player you wantwith some actual afl level experience, mature body and knows the game plan, cost * all cap wise

When you have an injury when your club is in the window you know what you are going to get output wise and can work around it instead of a kid who might not be quite to the same level but will be an adequate stop gap to cover without losing a huge amount that will cost you games

When we won our flags we had the guys like Markov, Chol, Townsend, Aarts ect
Exactly, but we need to find the superstars that supported these guys. ATM we are still seeing or developing so we're a long way off and he will continue to challenge for a spot. It's the nature of our list

Balta Playing forward ? Real cost is that King kicked 5 goals - Was Baltas contribution worth 5 Goals - Who is going to handle Mckay or Curnow ? We have a wealth of small forwards Campbell Clarke Cumbo Green - 2017 Premiers - Reiwoldt and a small mosquito fleet
You could have kicked 5 last week. His first out the back nobody could have stopped. He got a cheapy on the end of a chain and he got a very dodgy free for over the shoulder. King was okay, but hardly a reason for moving Balta, who if he didn't fumble nearly every ball that he got near, in the air, hand passes etc. he could have had a good night. Balta and Lynch as a double act will cause defences sleepless nights when and if we click as a side.

Having said that, I would like the option of swapping Young and Balta around when warranted. Young is a natural reader of the ball in the air, quick, a good kick and old school no frills type. No reason why he couldn't play CHF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing in Mansells pocket is the fact that he is super versatile
Probably not a bad option to take over for Pickett if we want a utility on the list who can play any position on field in a pinch
Pickett can't play in any positon, he is a wingman and that is it, maybe a run through the midfield. Up forward last year he was non existent, and not his fault, Hardwick and co. I really hope Mansell makes me eat my words, but getting games into Campbell looks way more promising, and Cumberland. He might have his faults but he is dangerous and he kicks goals, something that Pickett doesn't do.

I did and it was very short lived.
You are on the money especially last post about good midfielder use handball to get someone else in there into space including accepting they will be tackled but having skill and patience to know they can handball. That then gets their team mate in the clear and makes them look faster. Our blokes just seem on autopilot to kick too often instead of a handball option.

Pickett can't play in any positon, he is a wingman and that is it, maybe a run through the midfield. Up forward last year he was non existent, and not his fault, Hardwick and co. I really hope Mansell makes me eat my words, but getting games into Campbell looks way more promising, and Cumberland. He might have his faults but he is dangerous and he kicks goals, something that Pickett doesn't do.
I’m not talking about best starting position but selected as a utility on the bench

Means they are the guy who rotates through multiple roles as players need to be rotated onto the bench or can fill in a gap if we have a gameday injury if the sub isn’t an adequate cover for that particular player

Gives coaches flexibility on gameday to make match up changes easier
Before Pickett we used Grigg in the same type of role

Curnow is gonna kick 15 goals (10 from free kicks) if we don't put Balta on him
Curnow has kicked 11 goals in his career against us, and receive 1 free kick (from 7 games).

As an oddity, he has received 18 frees against Collingwood. He deserves an Academy Award, a Nobel Prize.... as a club we have had a total of 18 frees against Collingwood, in my lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back