Preview Round 6 v Melbourne MCG Monday April 24th 7.25pm - ANZAC Eve

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got 8 x players under 25-games after 9 last week. We are already well over the tipping point with kids in the side. Cotchin is a great player and very proud, and whilst I can’t see us winning this week I bet he will have a good game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Cotchin provides on field leadership something required amongst 8 players that have played less than 25 games

Cotchin provides on field leadership something required amongst 8 players that have played less than 25 games
I think it's required amongst the guys that have played over 25 games too, judging on last week's form.

We can't do the basics right like what's happened all year poor skills and woeful disposal and our continuing mistakes this could get ugly.
hopefully just learning new options re gplan is throwing execution off and will settle down once it becomes more automatic and less thinking/overthinking

It is CRIMINAL that Ross isn't playing tomorrow.

Might not be a star but geez our midfield could use him. Easily BOG in VFL atm.

Considering how well he finished last season as well, it’s ridiculous.
The way things are going, he will leave and play 150+ quality games at another club.

I think he has taken a bit of a back seat with that, and it's part of our problem IMO. Don't rate Grimes and Nank as captain. It was always gonna be a hard gig after chimp though.

It is CRIMINAL that Ross isn't playing tomorrow.

Might not be a star but geez our midfield could use him. Easily BOG in VFL atm.
Who does he dislodge out of the midfield? Considering Sonsie is also looking like starting as the sub as well

Only real candidate is Cotch but with our injuries we need as much experience on the field as possible as well

I think he has taken a bit of a back seat with that, and it's part of our problem IMO. Don't rate Grimes and Nank as captain. It was always gonna be a hard gig after chimp though.
Honestly I don’t think it would of changed the way Cotch conducts himself on field with strong sides the captains job isn’t so much about gameday but more about off field stuff these days

I think Jack said in an interview that Cotch was doing an on field coach role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looked at the ladder.... we are going to be 16th after round 6 only in front of west coast and hawthorn... when was the last time we were that low after being 6 rounds in?

Last edited:

This Monday a special night awaits​

Hoping to make their mark, two teams go head to head in an ANZAC Day Eve tradition honouring those who have served our country.

TIM.jpg

Awesome vid narrated by Neil Balme

This Monday a special night awaits​

Hoping to make their mark, two teams go head to head in an ANZAC Day Eve tradition honouring those who have served our country.

View attachment 1668492

Awesome vid narrated by Neil Balme

Great way to put the game into perspective
Melbourne are a worthy opponent

its the future mate, I love cotch but his time is up

I agree with playing youth - but trust me, history tells you too many inexperienced players and you can’t compete. 8 players under 25-games is too many as it is. Exposing Sonsie and/or Ross to a midfield that will likely obliterate them in a likely heavy loss (Demons are full friggin strength) is not good for their development IMO.

Look at some of the young ‘developing’ sides:

Hawks today had 9 players under 25-games. Adelaide had 4. Kangas had 4. GWS had 6. Eagles had 8.

We can’t just play them all because we want to look only to the future. Keep all the kids rotating in and out with appropriate senior bodies to ensure they don’t get demolished…. both the body and the scoreboard.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interested how Short, Baker and Rioli all go at half back. I don't think they've all played a full game down there? Hopefully Short doesn't mess up what Rioli and Baker have been doing because they've been our best players this year

What’s your point? He’s a Brownlow medalist and three-time premiership captain. If he puts out the same performance he probably will get managed but absolutely no point dropping him now when no one else is setting the world on fire.

It’s a slippery slope gifting games to players.

Sonsie hasn’t been good enough so far and is still building his tank.

Ralphsmith has been s**t.

Ross has been slow and is no spring chicken. He offers little to the team. Essendon beat Melbourne with fast ball movement, Ross is the last player for that.

Dow s**t, Banks not setting the world on fire yet, Bauer learning a new position.

Rioli has probably be brought in to help our forward line pressure which was off against Sydney. With Samson dropping everything we need a mosquito fleet hanging around.
Dispute that Dow is s**t...was performing very well in the ressies till injury cruelled his call up chances once again!

Considering how well he finished last season as well, it’s ridiculous.
The way things are going, he will leave and play 150+ quality games at another club.
Copywood will be putting their long nose in the Punt Road trough.....again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back