Preview Round 6 v Melbourne MCG Monday April 24th 7.25pm - ANZAC Eve

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week we head into the annual ANZAC Eve game against a Melbourne side who will be looking to rebound from a shock loss to Essendon in Gather Round last weekend.

As far as our side in concerned we're not really going to get much help outside Short possibly returning, while the Demons are likley to be bolstered by the returns of Gawn Brown Lever and Hibberd if they all get through training this week

Possible Line Ups
Richmond
In Short Out M.Rioli Clarke

Melbourne
In Gawn Brown Hibberd Lever
Out Spargo Jordan Van Rooyen McVee McDonald

B: Baker Balta Grimes
F: Neal-Bulen Brown Fritsch

HB: D.Rioli Young Vlastuin
HF: Sparrow Gawn Petracca

C: McIntosh Prestia Pickett
C: Langdon Oliver Hunter

HF: Bolton Sonsie Cumberland
HB: Rivers Lever Brayshaw

F: Ryan Martin Riewoldt
B: Petty May Hibberd

R: Miller Taranto Hopper
R: Grundy Viney Pickett

INT: Short Cotchin Ralphsmith Mansell
INT: Chandler Tomlinson Bowey Melksham

As you can see by the possible line ups above we're in for a tough battle Monday night to come away with the 4 points.

Our forward line is going to need Jack Martin & Cumberland to have big games if we're going to be able to score enough points to put the pressure on the Demons. With May Lever and Petty they have 3 quality tall defenders with Lever and May particularly strong in terms of intercept marking. With Jack our only proven KPF option the Dees could entrust Petty to man him up and scheme either or both Lever & May to become free to intercept by working off of Miller & Ryan when they are forward. I'd expect the Dees to look at using Hibberd to be aware of Martin as he drifts back into F50 if he pushes up to become an extra midfielder after the bounce, however if I'm Hardwick I'm asking Martin to stay inside F50 as much as possible and look at scoring through him to try and counter the Demons looking at setting up the loose defender to intercept, which would then allow Bolton Sonsie and Cumberland to push further up the ground.

Down back our back 6 who were made to look ordinary by an undermanned Swans forward line are going to have their hands full with the Demons forwards who get back Gawn & Brown who will provide yet another challenge for Balta and Young to quell, add to this a mobile threat in Fritsch who could have a Papley type of game if Grimes/Vlastuin are still struggling to hit their best form. On the flipside Rioli & Baker should continue on with their impressive start to the season by providing plenty of rebound run & carry.

Now to the biggest battle that will impact the game. The 2 midfields are, on paper, stacked with stars with us having Taranto Hopper Prestia Cotchin Bolton Pickett & McIntosh against Oliver Petracca Viney Hunter Langdon & Kozzie. As has been discussed on this board our midfield mix is off and outside Taranto & Hopper most of our mids have struggled to consistently impact games. Meanwhile the Dees are humming along in the middle and with Gawn and Grundy tandem back in the ruck against Miller & Ryan our midfielders are going to have to be up for the fight to at least try and break even with the Demons mids or it could get very ugly very quickly.

As much as I'd like to say Richmond can win, I don't believe we will, as I believe Melbourne will be too strong across the midfield and down back that they'll limit us to about 8-10 goals for the game, while scoring 12-15 themselves. If we had Lynch and Nankervis I'd have the game much closer and probably even give us a sneaky chance. that is how important both of them are to our structure and scheme.

For mine what I really want to see is that we put in a stronger 4 quarter performance than we did against Sydney. I also want to see the continued development from the likes of Young Cumberland Sonsie Ralphsmith Ryan Mansell & Miller. None of them need to dominate the game, but give us signs that they can be options for us moving forward.

This week we head into the annual ANZAC Eve game against a Melbourne side who will be looking to rebound from a shock loss to Essendon in Gather Round last weekend.

As far as our side in concerned we're not really going to get much help outside Short possibly returning, while the Demons are likley to be bolstered by the returns of Gawn Brown Lever and Hibberd if they all get through training this week

Possible Line Ups
Richmond
In Short Out M.Rioli Clarke

Melbourne
In Gawn Brown Hibberd Lever
Out Spargo Jordan Van Rooyen McVee McDonald

B: Baker Balta Grimes
F: Neal-Bulen Brown Fritsch

HB: D.Rioli Young Vlastuin
HF: Sparrow Gawn Petracca

C: McIntosh Prestia Pickett
C: Langdon Oliver Hunter

HF: Bolton Sonsie Cumberland
HB: Rivers Lever Brayshaw

F: Ryan Martin Riewoldt
B: Petty May Hibberd

R: Miller Taranto Hopper
R: Grundy Viney Pickett

INT: Short Cotchin Ralphsmith Mansell
INT: Chandler Tomlinson Bowey Melksham

As you can see by the possible line ups above we're in for a tough battle Monday night to come away with the 4 points.

Our forward line is going to need Jack Martin & Cumberland to have big games if we're going to be able to score enough points to put the pressure on the Demons. With May Lever and Petty they have 3 quality tall defenders with Lever and May particularly strong in terms of intercept marking. With Jack our only proven KPF option the Dees could entrust Petty to man him up and scheme either or both Lever & May to become free to intercept by working off of Miller & Ryan when they are forward. I'd expect the Dees to look at using Hibberd to be aware of Martin as he drifts back into F50 if he pushes up to become an extra midfielder after the bounce, however if I'm Hardwick I'm asking Martin to stay inside F50 as much as possible and look at scoring through him to try and counter the Demons looking at setting up the loose defender to intercept, which would then allow Bolton Sonsie and Cumberland to push further up the ground.

Down back our back 6 who were made to look ordinary by an undermanned Swans forward line are going to have their hands full with the Demons forwards who get back Gawn & Brown who will provide yet another challenge for Balta and Young to quell, add to this a mobile threat in Fritsch who could have a Papley type of game if Grimes/Vlastuin are still struggling to hit their best form. On the flipside Rioli & Baker should continue on with their impressive start to the season by providing plenty of rebound run & carry.

Now to the biggest battle that will impact the game. The 2 midfields are, on paper, stacked with stars with us having Taranto Hopper Prestia Cotchin Bolton Pickett & McIntosh against Oliver Petracca Viney Hunter Langdon & Kozzie. As has been discussed on this board our midfield mix is off and outside Taranto & Hopper most of our mids have struggled to consistently impact games. Meanwhile the Dees are humming along in the middle and with Gawn and Grundy tandem back in the ruck against Miller & Ryan our midfielders are going to have to be up for the fight to at least try and break even with the Demons mids or it could get very ugly very quickly.

As much as I'd like to say Richmond can win, I don't believe we will, as I believe Melbourne will be too strong across the midfield and down back that they'll limit us to about 8-10 goals for the game, while scoring 12-15 themselves. If we had Lynch and Nankervis I'd have the game much closer and probably even give us a sneaky chance. that is how important both of them are to our structure and scheme.

For mine what I really want to see is that we put in a stronger 4 quarter performance than we did against Sydney. I also want to see the continued development from the likes of Young Cumberland Sonsie Ralphsmith Ryan Mansell & Miller. None of them need to dominate the game, but give us signs that they can be options for us moving forward.
Thanks for taking the time to throw this together mate.

grundy vs samson
the prodigy cup

f69fb13a-ade4-438f-9a8c-c6e24f685dec-gif.1620636
1681973355710.png

In: Short Bauer Ross

BacksNoah Balta21Dylan Grimes2Tylar Young45
Half-BacksLiam Baker 7Nick Vlastuin1Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Tim Taranto14Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsMaurice Rioli10Dustin Martin4Rhyan Mansell31
ForwardsBen Miller46Noah Cumberland38Jack Riewoldt8
FollowersSamson Ryan32Shai Bolton29Jacob Hopper22
Interchange:Jayden Short15Dion Prestia3Trent Cotchin9
Judson Clarke42Tyler Sonsie40Hugo Ralphsmith13
Jacob Bauer43Jack Ross5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are the changes I called for immediately after last weeks game, very happy. JR & Cotchin both playing sore, possibly Prestia and Hugo out next week.

at half time its gonna look cooked af then out of nowhere the kiddz from the vfl start linking up like daisies down the docks it gets the eco old campaigners excited, aroused as they seem to say with a straight face these days- arousal levels seriously- basically,

the dees are gonna

MRJ also has gone from sub to being in the starting 18.

I think the three locked for the final bench are: Short, Prestia, Sonsie. That leaves one of Cotchin, Bauer, Ross as the other in and then one as the sub. I think Ralphsmith and Clarke are 2 that will be dropped for this week. I think Sonsie maybe in the firing line for Ross, even though I would like to see Sonsie hold his place. I don't mind Ross, but don't want Sonsie to make way, kid needs to stay in. Classy user of the ball.

I won't be surprised if it just ends up being

In: MRJ, Short
Out: Clarke Ralphsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back