Brad Scott - New Essendon Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just too funny.

I heard on the radio this evening they were saying "Scott will lift standards and get the place back in shape". I laughed when I heard it. He got the boot from us because standards had slipped, training dropped, our skills were poor, we weren't fit, he had his favourites that he would always select week after week and didn't give the kids a go, the list goes on.

All I can say is, they are welcome to him. This will end in tears. Good times!
Kanga kanga kanga, Roo Roo roo.

Hopefully Scott made it a condition of signing on that Sheedy would be removed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Definitely would have asked about the Board, governance structure and commitments and aligned to his needs as a condition of taking on the role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel for Adem Yze, deserves a go

Essendon could have beaten my side twice this season so Scott certainly has some talent to work with.

Most likely he'll make them a more hardened and consistent group, lead them finally to a finals win and sell hope.

However.

To lead them to a flag he'll have to defy the history of the VFL/AFL competition and become the first and only senior coach to win his maiden Premiership outside their first 9 seasons at the helm. As it is only one in Malthouse ever took until their 9th year.

I don't like his chances.

I love him because he isn’t hird.

I reckon he'll go alright. I thought he was a decent coach who was maligned mostly because of his personality lol

No idea why he chose to come back to coaching over climbing the ladder at the AFL, but good on him.

Always thought he did an excellent job at North Melbourne. Got the best out of that group which is all you can ask for!

He’ll straighten out a lot of stuff at Essendon
Think it’ll be a very good appointment in the long run. Clearly he has the hunger and passion to get back involved in coaching and I think he’ll do a great job!

Would be pretty excited as a bomber fan now you can focus on the draft and trade period and get back on track! He’ll definitely get the best out of the group once again and maybe with a bit of luck get you back into finals pretty quickly

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back