flggr Stephen Kernahan (GOAT CAPTAIN OF THE 20th CENTURY FOR CARLTON - GUARANTEED 2022 PREMIERS) endorses Joel Selwood as the best skipper he’s ever seen!

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite the stamp of approval from one of the best karaoke singers we’ve ever heard.

"I've seriously always admired the way he went about it; he's a seriously hard player and he leads by example and that’s why he's been the lone captain out there for as long as he has been. I really couldn’t be happier it is going to someone you couldn’t knock,"

View attachment 1361400

The good captain: Kernahan and co. salute Joel ahead of record-breaking game

Let the jelly flow through you, flogs!!

LOL Collingwood..
That's very good compliment coming from an alcoholic.

Sorry I've been on holidays for the last week and need some clarification, is Selwood the longest serving Captain ever, or the longest serving Captain to not win a flag while Captain, or both?

Are we celebrating or commiserating?
Well this aged superbly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more flags you captain the better captain you are. It’s pretty simple. Just a random totally unbiased example Selwood is the worst premiership captain ever cause he has only captained 1 flag but also has the most games captained. So he has the worst strike rate in the history of AFL. Whereas somebody like Cotchin who captained 3 flags is a 3 times better captain than Selwood.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The more flags you captain the better captain you are. It’s pretty simple. Just a random totally unbiased example Selwood is the worst premiership captain ever cause he has only captained 1 flag but also has the most games captained. So he has the worst strike rate in the history of AFL. Whereas somebody like Cotchin who captained 3 flags is a 3 times better captain than Selwood.

So Nick Maxwell >>>>>>>>> Weightman, Free, Lee, Johnson, Hogg, Knights and Newman combined?

So Nick Maxwell >>>>>>>>> Weightman, Free, Lee, Johnson, Hogg, Knights and Newman combined?

As captain yes, better player no. Combining players is so dumb I obviously didn’t mean that nor gave an example of that.

As you didn’t bring up stats to counter me, I must be correct. Geelong would have been statistically better off flipping a coin to decide finals games since 2012 rather than actually playing them 🤣🤣🤣. Probably should’ve made me captain instead of Joel. I’d at least put in a little effort.

As you didn’t bring up stats to counter me, I must be correct. Geelong would have been statistically better off flipping a coin to decide finals games since 2012 rather than actually playing them 🤣🤣🤣. Probably should’ve made me captain instead of Joel. I’d at least put in a little effort.
That’s right, you’re the flog with no stats but insist you’d kick a goal on Steve Silvagni in a grand final. 🤭

Remove this Banner Ad

Back