Training PAFC Pre-Season Training Pics | Friday 13th January 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Marshall starting to put muscle on

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
I’m always wary of our ‘looks bigger/more muscular’ pre-season posts. Too often they seem to end up wishful thinking, shown up when we line up against other clubs (not just Geelong and their miraculous disappearing hairlines and bulging foreheads) and it yet again looks boys next to men.

I’m always wary of our ‘looks bigger/more muscular’ pre-season posts. Too often they seem to end up wishful thinking, shown up when we line up against other clubs (not just Geelong and their miraculous disappearing hairlines and bulging foreheads) and it yet again looks boys next to men.
To be fair, they are professional athletes who go away and do a bit of running but a lot more strength work they can’t do in season. They come back and go from running 25-50kms a week to running 120kms a week. You’re never going to keep the size gained in the off-season throughout Pre season, but you keep lifting the weights accordingly.

It’s almost like we throw a blanket over our group and say one training regime fits all. Bulk Sam Hayes up into a ROB/Darcy/Prues/Nankervis/Neismith type, heavy ruck, he is never going to be an athletic ruck…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we get to Xmas and just beyond, see our guys looking like the Hulk, meaning that they have done plenty of strength training, but then it fades away - does the "beach muscle" mass diappear with increased hot weather running/endurance training?

If so, do the players retain the core strength they had built up before, just that they look skinny compared to other sides, but still have strength and power?

Good to see westhoff and hartlett back as coaches to promote the culture of near enough is good enough
It's all the club ever does. Just keeps the same cycle of failure in place. New CEO? Nah, just grab Richo. New fitness department? Nah just promote from within. New coaches? Nah just shuffle them about or recruit more ex-port players as coaches.

Need some IT resources? Recruit a hinkley family member.

We are some weird family business who just puts people we know into positions they aren't qualified for.

Junior Rioli looks in decent nick, positive sign i suppose.
Excited for Brynn can be but he needs to bulking up.
Pep's looking good.
Orazio, cool. Stay fit, guy.
Zak in #9 makes my heart skip a beat.

Dont reckon this could look anything more like the profile of Robbie Gray around the time he was drafted

img_6935-jpg.1586064

Anyone know why Charlie wasn't at the open training session or did I miss him getting injured (again).

I think he's preparing for Summernats.

Just so members here know - I never use 'Sequential Shooting' when taking footy photos. All my photos are 'One Shot' photos.

Thanks to all those who liked my photos over the years.

I love photography and my club, so it's easy to blend them both together.
Any reason why you don't use burst mode? The pain in the ass that it is to sort through, edit and store afterwards?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Gotta be honest, I had a similar thought.

Maybe it’s my inner pessimist or maybe it’s because I’m getting older and grumpier, but the cavalcade of past players in different coaching roles worries me. Hartlett, westhoff, Cornes, lobbe, Carr, Burgoyne, did I miss any one, this is not to say some werent great players just don’t recall many clubs getting around with that many of their own past players in coaching roles at that same club.

Maybe it’s my inner pessimist or maybe it’s because I’m getting older and grumpier, but the cavalcade of past players in different coaching roles worries me. Hartlett, westhoff, Cornes, lobbe, Carr, Burgoyne, did I miss any one, this is not to say some werent great players just don’t recall many clubs getting around with that many of their own past players in coaching roles at that same club.
I think there is a reality that highly sought after assistant coaches are going to want to work in Melbourne. Therefore, SA and WA clubs have no choice but to use past players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back