Training Port Adelaide Training Pics | Friday 12th January 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Really enjoyed training, great day for the kids which is what school holiday open training is all about. Listening to Charlie make the kids say please when they asked for autographs was highly enjoyable.

Was surprised Bergman spent the entire time in defence and zero time on the wing. Looks like Burgoyne will be replacing Duursma - he took a couple of strong marks and he’s definitely put on some weight. Appeared that Rozee and JHF were alternating midfield and deep forward while Rioli playing much higher up the ground. Esava is huge, he still needs more time to gel with the group but his size is exactly what we’ve needed.

i was hoping to see a much fitter Scully, thought he struggled last year, it was a bloody hot day so will reserve judgement.

Really enjoyed training, great day for the kids which is what school holiday open training is all about. Listening to Charlie make the kids say please when they asked for autographs was highly enjoyable.

Was surprised Bergman spent the entire time in defence and zero time on the wing. Looks like Burgoyne will be replacing Duursma - he took a couple of strong marks and he’s definitely put on some weight. Appeared that Rozee and JHF were alternating midfield and deep forward while Rioli playing much higher up the ground. Esava is huge, he still needs more time to gel with the group but his size is exactly what we’ve needed.

i was hoping to see a much fitter Scully, thought he struggled last year, it was a bloody hot day so will reserve judgement.

IMG_0533.JPG

Scully is always a 3-4 year project.

Think Dante is filling out nicely.

Does anyone know who this is? 2024 potential SA draftee/our 2025 academy/2023 draftee that didn't get selected?
Im 100% sure he is not on our list. Its annoying me thanks

IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_06209.jpeg

IMG_0747.jpeg

Does anyone know who this is? 2024 potential SA draftee/our 2025 academy/2023 draftee that didn't get selected?
Im 100% sure he is not on our list. Its annoying me thanks

All good I worked it out.

Its Logan Evans (188cm, 78kg defender) 2023 draftee who wasn't selected in the National Draft.

Norwood - SANFL

I tend to agree that majority of our list seems to have slimmed down. There’s still some players who ive been holding out hope will put on some weight but dont appear to have (Butters) for example.

I tend to agree that majority of our list seems to have slimmed down. There’s still some players who ive been holding out hope will put on some weight but dont appear to have (Butters) for example.

Butters is close to best in the comp at his current weight. I'm ok with him keeping on keeping on.

Do we have a list spot available?
Else why is he training with us?
Could Logan Evans be a candidate to take over from Jed Hagan? I haven't heard if Jed Hagan is continuing with the Magpies or not as the special category of player overlooked in the draft we are allowed by the sanfl.
Whatever the situation he must be being looked at by the club. He looked pretty good at the training session.

Could Logan Evans be a candidate to take over from Jed Hagan? I haven't heard if Jed Hagan is continuing with the Magpies or not as the special category of player overlooked in the draft we are allowed by the sanfl.
Whatever the situation he must be being looked at by the club. He looked pretty good at the training session.

NO! Just No!

Zac was a skinny 70kgs when we drafted him. Now at 77kgs and only 181cm, he has filled out nicely and is just the perfect weight for the type of game he plays.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ford Fairlane i can see why Hugh Jackson reminded you of Hamish Hartlett :tearsofjoy:

Yes granted, but even before the mini-game, in the training physically he looked more developed like a young Hartlett.

Still reminds me of Francou in the way he wins the ball in packs though.

Re the size of players or the perceived lack of it for some, it can be difficult to tell either way until you see them alongside an opponent who plays a similar role for another club.

Apart from the much needed extra size added to the squad by Ratugolea, Soldo and Sweet, the bloke who impressed me from those training pics is Rozee.

I don't know what he weighs now but his shoulders, upper arms, and legs look much bigger than they were only a few short years ago, and if he hasn't lost any of his speed and agility I expect him to have a huge year in 2024.

Burgoyne hitting his potential is a huge upgrade on the Duursma we saw last year.

Let's hope one peaked early and the other is on the fly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back