Lifestyle SFA Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Goosey - my hammy is ****ed lol that’s why I’m contemplating not doing it
I've had problems with my hamstrings in the past, everyone's different so could be a number of things, but for me strengthening my glutes and adductors really helped. My glutes wouldn't fire when they should've leaving my strings to do the work.

Any sort of hip strengthening and mobility is going to help with running, especially for footy like Bonz mentioned earlier a lot of the running is predominately sprinting or shorter intervals.

Festive period= rich food and often more sedentary habits.
Any little tips for quick activities to do over the period to help fight the bloat?
If you're looking for something quick maybe those 10-30 min HIIT videos on youtube?

When do you find out if you've been listed by a club?
I don’t know 😭😭😭 I think maybe next year.

I heard VFLW have made a rule where they need to bring in more under 21s (I think) so I have a chance

I don’t know 😭😭😭 I think maybe next year.

I heard VFLW have made a rule where they need to bring in more under 21s (I think) so I have a chance
Good luck and go well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't we all.

Really small lunch this year as most of the fam is away. Perth weather looks like it's going to be really good which is nice. Hbu?
Yeah same just lunch and dinner with family!

Not the biggest fan of roasts & ham though 😬

I ran a marathon today.
I am not in marathon shape and it was 33 degrees here . Was very tough.
The first 17km were fine. The last 25km a punish.
Importantly kept my marathon streak alive. I set a goal in 2015 to run at least 1 marathon a year until 2029 (the year I turn 50 and complete the 6 world majors), left it late this year.

I ran a marathon today.
I am not in marathon shape and it was 33 degrees here . Was very tough.
The first 17km were fine. The last 25km a punish.
Importantly kept my marathon streak alive. I set a goal in 2015 to run at least 1 marathon a year until 2029 (the year I turn 50 and complete the 6 world majors), left it late this year.
* that’s awesome!! Congrats!!

I’ve actually found the best form advice when it comes to single arm dumbbell bent over rows that has made my lats SO SORE today.

Instead of rowing it up and down, aim to bring the weight to your back pocket, fully extend your shoulder forward and then pull the weight to your back pocket.

Legendary

Been offered a VFLW contract 😎
Katie-Jayne Grieve GIF by Fremantle Dockers

I walked my dog today
I am not in walking the dog shape and it was 33 degrees here . Was very tough.
The first 500 meters were fine. The last 200 meters a punish.
Importantly kept my walking my dog streak alive. I set a goal in 2015 to walk at least 1 dog a year until 2029
We're kindred spirits

Anyone a cyclist, specifically indoor cycle with zwift?

I hoped back on zwift having a year off it and it’s so addicting.

Sundays ride EE45698E-DA6E-424A-AE29-C0620D4F2D7F.jpeg

Im 8 days back into proper training after phoning it in and drinking beer for the best part of 2 years and putting on about 15kgs (which will come off quick) with the Chicago marathon in October being the main goal. Im in the wow, this hurts phase at the moment, I reckon that is comfortably the hardest part.
Will be punching out 30kms a week for the next 6 weeks before moving up to 50km (a 6 week transition) by then Im hoping it will be easy again and I can start doing a stack of events leading into Chicago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back