Lifestyle SFA Fitness Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You're at a stage of physical development, I would probably listen to your coaches or getting a physical trainer with a speciality on AFL development.

It may be fun running the 10k but your AFL is definitely more important in the long term :)

There are also different types of running, might be worth focussing more on sprint's and explosive power for the moment, or shorter endurance events (2 and 3k).
AFL? Did you mean football? When did local football in all forms become "AFL"?

up here in Sydney it is called AFL (inaccurately) regardless of the level. it is a brand rather than a league.

up here in Sydney it is called AFL (inaccurately) regardless of the level. it is a brand rather than a league.
That's actually insane. What the * is wrong with people?

That's actually insane. What the * is wrong with people?
I guess that all the codes are footy and that if how they differentiate.

Probably should say Aussie rules instead of AFL. I try to, but am prob guilty of calling lower levels AFL about a quarter of the time still

Sorry, have a large mixed sporting family.

Have had uncle's/ cousins play League, Union, AFL and soccer. So naturally to avoid confusion we all refer to sports by their brand instead of football 😂

Agree with GWS Goose I should call it Aussie Rules, but AFL feels nicer off the tongue.

Sorry, have a large mixed sporting family.

Have had uncle's/ cousins play League, Union, AFL and soccer. So naturally to avoid confusion we all refer to sports by their brand instead of football 😂

Agree with GWS Goose I should call it Aussie Rules, but AFL feels nicer off the tongue.
So they played AFL or football?

Had always thought of the game as Footy. During a long unhappy exile in Brisbanal, I spoke of it as Rules but in my mind it was footy.

Referring to the game as AFL just seems terribly clunky and it grates on the ear. Besides, it must give those joyous monsters in the AFL enormous satisfaction to hear the game referred to as such.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good job. That is very decent 2km time
Currently dead rn I thought Covid was gonna push me back further - my goal was 4:45 per km lolll

Pretty good session today, time went really fast. Even though we did hardly any contact on Tuesday my body is still sore 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫 D7DDBE2E-B7AF-4C13-B23A-439DBE37B776.jpeg
Just a replacement session because we don’t train tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back