Autopsy Round 3, 2023: Positives and Negatives vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope this spate of injuries doesn’t deflate Simpson and the team.
Simpson has showed more emotion the last couple of weeks than he has for a couple of seasons and the team has reflected that and played with great heart.
The run of games coming up are going to be really difficult and I just want to see us continue to fight and show spirit.

It’s easier to play positive football at 1-1 than 1-6 but I’ve liked some of the signs of life we’ve displayed so far this season.

Just watched the replay of the controversial free paid for umpire dissent against GWS. Carlton player gets tackled by GWS player. It was clearly holding the ball but the umpire didn't pay it. Thats fine. Just how it goes sometimes. Coniglio appeals for the free by throwing his arms out the way the umpires do when paying a holding free. Like every player does. And the umpire pays a free against him for it. Right in front of goal in the dying stages of the match in a close game. I wonder if that will be the new standard and you can't even appeal for a free anymore.
Welcome to Gil's AFL where we'll let the rules and MRP decision all come down to an interpretation of whatever achieves the desired outcome is on the day instead of applying the rules of the game consistently across all situations.

The farce of having Buddy, Pickett and Mcadam all receiving varying outcomes is another example of this.

Welcome to Gil's AFL where we'll let the rules and MRP decision all come down to an interpretation of whatever achieves the desired outcome is on the day instead of applying the rules of the game consistently across all situations.

The farce of having Buddy, Pickett and Mcadam all receiving varying outcomes is another example of this.
my attention was drawn to that idiotic free and thus I noticed over 20 similar actions in later games. Not a free in sight.

Meanwhile Cockburn players are literally doing back flips after kicking a meaningless goal in the last lol

They were doing this in the early days too. Sort of Des Headland era. It went on for a few seasons. Finish 12-ish and over celebrate goals, or get hammered by 10 goals then celebrate a junk time goal like they won US powerball. From memory a few ex player media types told them to pull their heads in.

They were doing this in the early days too. Sort of Des Headland era. It went on for a few seasons. Finish 12-ish and over celebrate goals, or get hammered by 10 goals then celebrate a junk time goal like they won US powerball. From memory a few ex player media types told them to pull their heads in.

61F8C6F2-0C46-4151-8ADC-AE4D324A9163.jpeg

It's funny the gulf between opposition supporters views - couple of Dockers at my work posted the backflip in Teams within minutes of starting like it was the greatest thing ever. Personally I thought it was a bit embarrassing doing that considering the circumstances: yet to win a game for the year, against a side without a bench and for a fairly run of the mill goal.

I will be bringing it up after every Fremantle loss, and posting ad nauseum if they don't make the finals, or when they bomb out like the mediocre side they are.

It's funny the gulf between opposition supporters views - couple of Dockers at my work posted the backflip in Teams within minutes of starting like it was the greatest thing ever. Personally I thought it was a bit embarrassing doing that considering the circumstances: yet to win a game for the year, against a side without a bench and for a fairly run of the mill goal.

I will be bringing it up after every Fremantle loss, and posting ad nauseum if they don't make the finals, or when they bomb out like the mediocre side they are.

If JK did it after slotting that goal from the boundary against Richmond I would be impressed. That was the time and place for showboating.

Freddy's version was a bit like kicking goals on your disabled younger cousin and then rubbing it in and bragging to your parents

I would be saving it for draft night when Melbourne take a gun WA KPF with their pick 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's enough Freo twitter for me today. The chip is and always will be permanently stuck to their shoulders... :rolleyes:

Some people need to pick their battles though. Criticising Freo supporters for booing Gaff is a pretty dumb hill to die on

If Luke Ryan broke Noah Long’s jaw for example I’d be booing him every game for eternity as well

Them having a crack at Naitanui because he accidentally hurt Sandilands a decade ago is different

Some people need to pick their battles though. Criticising Freo supporters for booing Gaff is a pretty dumb hill to die on

If Luke Ryan broke Noah Long’s jaw for example I’d be booing him every game for eternity as well

Them having a crack at Naitanui because he accidentally hurt Sandilands a decade ago is different
Yeah, I couldn't give a stuff about the booing.

The constantly ignored injury trolling however...

Luke Ryan got into one of the new boys after he missed a set shot. Pretty tough fella.

Luke Ryan got into one of the new boys after he missed a set shot. Pretty tough fella.

Yeah I remember that. Think it was Long too in the 3rd quarter

Liked that Allen stepped in pretty quickly

Ngl lie but loved it when Jacko used be a total s**t campaigner to the freo kids.

Great now I’m depressed and the kids are crying

Can't wait until a big Vic club gets a similar match changing decision made against it at the MCG.

Maybe a Tigers loss when Reiwoldt sooks.......... waiting .................waiting ......................................waiting.

GWS are easy targets.

Dont Accuse Me Glass House GIF by Snowfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back