Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

man i can't believe we dropped that game to those spuds last week. ffs need a 60 point win against north here to fix our %

Man I hope we give Rankine the same treatment Freo is giving Lobb.
Sad to see Rankine go but he left on.... good terms. Just sad losing a talent like him.

Lobb on the other hand, requested a trade to Victoria the year before to be with his partner, was rejected and held to his contract.

Finally got the deal done and was featured on "Show me the money" bad mouthing the club and fans.

Thats where alot of the booing is coming from, plus him not wanting to be a ruckman when he's 207cm really pissed alot of freo fans.

Rather we just get the win against Adelaide than "Put time into Lobb", especially Alex Pearce their captain who absolutely got toweled up and gave away 3 free kicks in the first quarter.

Embarassing game from freo, at least Lobb got a free beer out of it

I came on to post that Dewy opined post match last week that we couldn't leave the door open even a smidge because a" good team" like Freo would waltz through it
I presume on the basis of that and tonight's match he's accepted that we're a bottom 3 team
Sad.
I really wanted him to succeed but nah

Harsh but fair.
The evidence is pretty clear that he is not a game day coach.
Must do some good work off-field, but feels more and more like the next coach will get any real benefits from a pretty stable list with not a lot of go-home factor for a Gold Coast team. Most likely he is another rebuild coach that won't see the other side.
Miracles do happen, but we had ours last year with the Richmond game and ain't getting another one.

So, we beat Cats convincingly 3 weeks ago and tonight Cats beat Swans by 93 points who looked unbeatable in round 1. Crazy season. When Suns lost by 93 points?

So, we beat Cats convincingly 3 weeks ago and tonight Cats beat Swans by 93 points who looked unbeatable in round 1. Crazy season. When Suns lost by 93 points?
I know they said it was the GF re-match.. but I didn't actually think the swans would take that literally...

I know they said it was the GF re-match.. but I didn't actually think the swans would take that literally...
I watched only first quarter. Swans looked hopeless so I could not bother. Still, I was surprised by final score. It seems it was worse than GF. Some mental scars for sure - haha.

Wow, Swans scored just 3 behinds after HT.

I watched only first quarter. Swans looked hopeless so I could not bother. Still, I was surprised by final score. It seems it was worse than GF. Some mental scars for sure - haha.

Wow, Swans scored just 3 behinds after HT.
Yeah, pretty embarassing. Just like the actual GF, I watched a half and it was gone. Maybe it was the memories, the unfurling of the flag, or the fact they just couldn't keep up.
They have injuries to their backline, yes, but that can't be an excuse.

We could roll over Richmond and Melbourne if they play like this, both teams can't hit a team mate.
Plus, Richmond will feel like they've choked this one if they lose from here. Poor form, mental strain and playing at Marvel are all factors playing in our favour for the clash against the Tiges next week. Then we potentially get a struggling Demons outfit on our home deck where we almost rolled them in round 2 last year. Then West Coast.

Massive potential for us over the next three weeks if we can capitalise on our opportunities.

We could roll over Richmond and Melbourne if they play like this, both teams can't hit a team mate.

We would have likely already crumbled like a cookie under the big stage, big crowd pressure.

We can’t handle 10k on Sunday arvo at Heritage at times.

It will be a whole new can of worms for the players & coaches to overcome if we ever make it to games like this.

We would have likely already crumbled like a cookie under the big stage, big crowd pressure.

We can’t handle 10k on Sunday arvo at Heritage at times.

It will be a whole new can of worms for the players & coaches to overcome if we ever make it to games like this.
I suppose the only way you get better in front of crowds is to play in front of them. Luckily for us, our game is at Marvel, so maybe not the cauldron it would be at the G.

Richmond will be tough next week, need our best sharpshooters to put em away.

Melbourne 15.6.96
Richmond 11.12.78

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a game. That 4th quarter... i was thinking, surely we aren't doing this again hahah But this is what they train for. One of the senarios they do in training, usually in match play. Like what happens if you are a few goals down, how do you get yourself back in the game.
It's no coincidence.

Oh and that Daicos kid goes okay.

Wow Collingwood must be the only club who thinks to train these scenarios.

90% of the success would be down to belief.

What is this 'belief' you speak of?
Haha, it sounds like it should be simple, yeah? Belief, confidence, work rate should all be in the same category.
To have the belief in each other, belief you can run the opposition off their feet. Probably easier said than done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back