Discussion Tasmania AFL Jumper Design

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys :) I've been thinking about how a Tassie team's guernsey could look should we be granted a license to join the league as a stand-alone club (not a relocation).

I don't think we should enter the league with the traditional map jumper for a couple of reasons:
  • It's a state of origin jumper. We'd be entering the league as a club representing a state, rather than as a state (same as the Adelaide Crows).
  • Whilst very traditional, it's a pretty bland design.
In saying that, I think a Tassie Devils jumper should still visualise the shape of Tasmania, but in a more stylistic and less literal way.

Here is the design I've come up with:

View attachment 1167949
Any chance you could mock up this exact same colours, but the gold V becomes a gold stylised T for Tasmania. Almost like the Mandalorian helmet?

Screenshot_20230503-223805.png

Last edited:
Some of these jumpers look great

I would definitely be going with a new design. I think they should still wear the state jumper - I have no issue with it seeing as they are the first truly “state” team in the AFL - but I would save it for once or twice a season and certainly take the opportunity to design something new for their regular home jumper.

Another thing… I think their logo, no matter how minor some of them are, should have a big range of colours. Own a big range that will give them the freedom to go properly creative in the future with merch, clash strips, special jumpers etc. AFL clubs are so confined by the colours they have, they could really expand and give themselves some freedom for the future

Dark green
Maroon
Gold
Light / flouro green
White
Black

Who says you can only have two or three colours? Obviously the initial home jumper for probably be the classic dark green / maroon / gold, but with others they have more freedom to do something cool by adding / replacing some colours. The combinations are endless, from black and fluoro green to white, maroon, gold, and heaps of combinations.

1683119595554.jpeg

The colours are already very flexible, just work in some lighter green and black combinations too

1683119595554.jpeg

This HAS to be the official logo.

This HAS to be the official logo.
I think this logo needs a bit of work. It struggles to perform at smaller sizes because there isn't enough contrast between the green devil and slightly darker green Tasmania behind it.

Apologies if it's already been done and I've missed it, but what about this jumper (from one of the best going around):

... with this clean and fresh logo on the chest instead of the map and T?

Could be a good way to balance rep teams v AFL team. Same colours but the map represents the state, where the devils logo represents the club.
Concept below.

Again, credit to Zoops and Bunk Moreland for both guernsey and logo designs that have been combined below:

Tas Jumper.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concept below.

Again, credit to Zoops and Bunk Moreland for both guernsey and logo designs that have been combined below:

View attachment 1677374
This is very very good. I’d personally have the island map with the T instead of the devil in that triangle.
But if it goes like other modern start up teams, the club will pay some design gurus hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop some rubbish design. That the club will then change in a few years to something simple and traditional with inherent historical significance, that a child or yobbo (sorry) on here has designed.

A few I did a few years back. If we go with the green but they move away from state colours. At least I modernised the T as well 😅.

Screenshot_20230504-095436_Messenger.jpg Screenshot_20230504-095422_Messenger.jpg
Screenshot_20230504-095406_Messenger.jpg

Not sure about the 'T' . Don't think it's needed at all. And if it has to be inside the map I hope they try a different font, something strong.
I agree, as a Tasmanian we don't need the T, I want something that respects the history with colours, but we need a traditional looking footy jumper for a traditional footy state, not a origin guernsey

Hey Guys, Thought I would throw a few ideas together for a Tassie Team now it's looking much more likely to happen! Personally I think they have to use Green as there main identity, its already associated with the state and is unique in the league so have tried a more traditional concept and an all green version as well which would really set them apart from the other teams

View attachment 1676419

View attachment 1676420
I like the bottom design with the 2 different greens, but the white 'V' needs to be changed to resemble the Devils white stripe on their chest

Why are we naming this club Tasmania? Sydney didn't name themselves New South Wales? They need to name the club after the city they play out of which is Hobart, the most populated city in Tasmania. Plus, it's possible that northern Tasmania could get a club at some stage and Hawthorn will continue to play out of Launceston therefore will still have support from the locals and it's best to build up the rivalry!

I'd go with the Hobart Barbarians!

Theme song to the tune of:

Road to Gundagai

Hear the cheers, from the crowd,
Cause we always do them proud,
We are the Hobart Barbarians!

And we won't ever stop,
Until we reach the top,
We are the Hobart Barbarians!

We always have our eyes, on the premiership cup,
And we take on all comers, with our chin up,

All for one, one for all,