Review Dogs 90 overcome a slow start to beat ASADA 49

Remove this Banner Ad

Bont and Libba may have been awesome, but I want to call out Bailey Smith. No player in the AFL will be under more scrutiny than him this round.. and he responded by tackling the crap out of Essington and putting in huge repeat efforts.

Well done Baz! I'm happy for you, and proud of you as well. Congratulations young man. You stood up. The media can go and eat a bag...

How can you not love Libba's tenacity, grunt and give-no-hecks attitude. And he's doing it all on a next to no money on a one year contract, and is having a career best year despite his age and injury history. 5 foot 11 and plays in such a unique style that we won't know what we, or the AFL at large, has until it's gone. Enjoy it. Embrace it. Because Libba will be off doing social work or reading classic literature and have nothing to do with the AFL industry when he's gone.

Last edited:
Too early to make that call on Khamis. Needs a run at it. Now might not be the same time to do trial and error though.

2nd ruck isn't his position IMO. We've been developing him incorrectly this season. I think he'd be more valuable as an Easton Wood type.

Decent game overall. First quarter wasn't good viewing.

Jones can't come back quick enough.

Really need Busslinger to come on fast over the next pre season.

Anthony Scott played well particuarly in the first half. Same with Poulter.

Bakers goal 🤌

Marra growing each week. His base level game is becoming pretty good now. Doesn't need to have a blinder to impact.

Bont being Bont.

Overall pretty happy with the result

I’d personally go back to Lobb. I’m a critic of trading him in but his 2nd ruck value is much better than anyone else we have to offer.

And we simply must control the midfield battle to make a dent in this season.

Libba, Bont outstanding. Good response from JUH and Weightman. Richards good as usual.

Does anybody find the moustachioed Moron with the microphone in any way entertaining?

Im not sure who it's made for. Perhaps small children, animals or Hellen Keller?

Last edited:
Before we get too carried away
1. Bruce cannot play as a defender. Terrible 1 on 1. significantly worse than Gardner or Keath
2. Khamis ain’t up to it
3. The game has passed Duryea by
Agree Bruce played slightly better as the game went on, no Khamis no Duryea , no Hannan, no McComb, no McLean, no O'Brien no Roarke smith,

Get a free agent one cheap trade go to draft , make tackle pressure a high priority

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anybody find the moustachioed Moron with the microphone in any way entertaining?

Im not sure who it made for. Perhaps small children and animals?

Prefer him to Brayshaw who commentated our goals like he was commentating a funeral.

Football commentary at the moment is at its lowest ebb, there’s very few decent callers at the moment.

Im not sure who it made for. Perhaps small children and animals?

No. He's embarrassing & I can only think he's made for the same boguns who enjoy 'The Bounce'

Weightman as well had a cracker and a underrated game imo. Took some great marks and is the best set shot in our team. He may not be the small forward we all hoped at the draft but he is a bloody good football player

Bont and Libba may have been awesome, but I want to call out Bailey Smith. No player in the AFL will be under more scrutiny than him this round.. and he responded by tackling the crap out of Essington and putting in huge repeat efforts.

Well done Baz! I'm happy for you, and proud of you as well. Congratulations young man. You stood up. The media can go and eat a bag...
The best way for a player to say heck you to all of the bullshit speculation swirling around them that they have no control over.

Is to say it on the field.

Weightman as well had a cracker and a underrated game imo. Took some great marks and is the best set shot in our team. He may not be the small forward we all hoped at the draft but he is a bloody good football player
Our biggest criticism - he would fly for marks and actually get in the way of the key forwards - is much better. He still flies but when the key forwards aren't there (which is fine) and is actually crumbing to Jamarra and Naughton, which is all we need him to do.

2nd ruck isn't his position IMO. We've been developing him incorrectly this season. I think he'd be more valuable as an Easton Wood type.
The development of Buku is one of the most wild decisions I’ve ever seen, he’s just not a forward/ruck, not even close. We have about 6 players in front of him and more coming this year - and we’re desperately crying out for an intercept marking 3rd/4th tall in defence. He’s 188cm and a twig ffs.

I just really don’t get this, I’m not saying he’s the answer in defence but he’s sure of s**t more likely to make a go of it there. The last two years has been a huge waste of his development, send him to the backline in the VFL ffs, I actually just cannot see any reasoning whatsoever to how we’re playing him? If someone has any idea whatsoever please enlighten me

Prefer him to Brayshaw who commentated our goals like he was commentating a funeral.

Football commentary at the moment is at its lowest ebb, there’s very few decent cLakers at the moment.
It could be confirmation bias, but I that that BT was the bigger Essendon dick rider all night.

He is a deadset clown and an embarrassment to the game.

Football commentary at the moment is at its lowest ebb, there’s very few decent cLakers at the moment.
Spent the last hour of the game putting my daughter to sleep, so had to watch on mute. It was very pleasant and made for much better watching

Our biggest criticism - he would fly for marks and actually get in the way of the key forwards - is much better. He still flies but when the key forwards aren't there (which is fine) and is actually crumbing to Jamarra and Naughton, which is all we need him to do.

Completely agree - he is playing to his role a lot better this season and this is making the balance in the forward line a lot better.

The A team got us home.
Libba,Bont ,Caleb,Macrae,Treloar ,English and Smith all good.
Jamarra ,Naughton and Weightman like wise
Thankfully we have Richards and Dale carrying the defence
But if the Bombers had better marking forwards we were in deep trouble
Keath still panics and isn't switched on.
The Bruce to defence is a fail.But worth a try.
Duryea played well but is struggling with age.
And Gardiner is still younger but needs to improve his kicking
Vandermeer to the wing once JJ IS back.
And Poulter the other ,and he has some talent.
Williams should always be in the 22 before Baker and West.
Buku is a threat in the air forward ,but not groundballs.And no good at rucking in the firsts.He needs to play defence.
Lobb was missed only Darcy can come close to replacing him..
Hope we bring the same passion to Ballarat.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back