Injury Murray ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

Mutineer Thunderstruck

With the terrible news of Muzza's knee injury, what KPD's in the early part of the 2nd round do you see being there possibly we should be looking at.

Under no circumstance whatsoever should our 1st be in play as that has to be for a Sanders or a Durrsma type - must be quarantined.
We won’t recruit a kid to fill in for 10 weeks imo

Why? Drafting a young KPD with our 1st rounder will pretty much mean we have a lesser Murray in 2025 on the list when he returns. I'm not appose to even using either of our 2nd rounders but definitely not our 1st which will now be quite early.
I'm not saying draft. I'm saying signing one. Whether it's a FA/trade or going the mature aged rookie route. We now need depth in the KPD area for NOW.

KPD was probably priority 3 or 4 (draft one late/rookie) but it's now become something we need to address.

We have 5 weeks to see if Borlase and Keane are up to it.

We won’t recruit a kid to fill in for 10 weeks imo
I know he's a lock for next year now, but I wouldn't mind trying for someone to eventually be an upgrade on Butts.

Poor fella, footy is so cruel sometimes.

We better not send Dawson back
If, IF it meant more time for a younger player in the guts, then preserving Dawson playing him back it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.

Season’s over, time to look to next year.

Mutineer Thunderstruck

With the terrible news of Muzza's knee injury, what KPD's in the early part of the 2nd round do you see being there possibly we should be looking at.

Under no circumstance whatsoever should our 1st be in play as that has to be for a Sanders or a Durrsma type - must be quarantined.
Daniel Curtin is the best KPD/midfielder in this draft closely followed by KPF Connor O'Sullivan...you ain't getting either with a 2nd round pick.

Before we get to excited let's have a look at Irishman Mark Keane at AFL level in the remaining weeks, surely out guys saw something in him to chase him all the way from Ireland...a full AFL preseason not playing catch up fitness wise you would think would work wonders for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, can be a stop gap. Also replenishes our depth when Murray’s back (if they end up being better than Butts it’s a bonus)
He's already on our list Mark Keane, if I was Justin Reid I'd get his signature on a contract pronto.

First pick must still go to a midfielder. Let Hamish plug the hole in our backline some other way.

Absolutely. As devastating as this news is, we need to operate under the assumption that Murray will be back in 2025. If we're in a premiership window next year (and I am yet to be convinced) it will only be the start of one. No need to sell the farm to plug a hole for one season when we've got so many other holes that need plugging.

Getting our midfield working properly will do just as much if not more for restricting a score than any defender will.

Makes me even more annoyed that we didn't expose Borlase against the Bombers or even earlier
Why? Our seasons over anyway and we now have 5 games to either expose borlase/keane or see how worrell goes as the 2nd KPD

Having 1 game into 1 of them woukd provide no added ne exit to us now.

I know he's a lock for next year now, but I wouldn't mind trying for someone to eventually be an upgrade on Butts.
Yep , as long as don’t pay to much at trade as we know we need other things

If we can get a bargain one to pressure Butts this could end up a blessing longer term

Sucks right now

Absolutely. As devastating as this news is, we need to operate under the assumption that Murray will be back in 2025. If we're in a premiership window next year (and I am yet to be convinced) it will only be the start of one. No need to sell the farm to plug a hole for one season when we've got so many other holes that need plugging.

Getting our midfield working properly will do just as much if not more for restricting a score than any defender will.
Never has a more important observation been noted for where we are at. 100% right

Why? Our seasons over anyway and we now have 5 games to either expose borlase/keane or see how worrell goes as the 2nd KPD

Having 1 game into 1 of them woukd provide no added ne exit to us now.
I bet it will be

Butts/Worrell

Then Himmleberg

Then Borlase Keane in the event any of the aforementioned players come down with Ebola.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back