Training 2024 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Just have to write off the whole period for good. All those players are gone now. Prime Ablett could have been at our basket case club at that point in time and it wouldn't have made a difference (see: Gold Coast) so there's no point lingering on whether bringing in one 18 year old over another would have made any difference. Onward and upward.
The art of picking the right players is only one part of equation..the next part is crucial, the quality of the development of those players.
Fortunately we have improved significantly in this area too.

The art of picking the right players is only one part of equation..the next part is crucial, the quality of the development of those players.
Fortunately we have improved significantly in this area too.
Carroll is under appreciated here.
Note: RTB was name dropping him, in the same sentence as Enright, Harvey, Hayes, by the end of the season.

Hervey Bay baristas are no match for your Rokeby Road Subiaco hipster style espresso.
I’ve reduced myself to wearing socks and Birkenstocks just so I can blend in.

Under the arrangement, if a bid comes for a father-son or academy player in round one, a club would have to use a first-round pick to match. If the club had bids on two players in the opening round, they would need to use two first-round picks, either by trading for an extra selection or by using their future first-rounder.

This alternative scenario required that a club matching a bid on a player would have to use a pick no more than nine selections (half a round) later than when a bid arrived. If, for example, a bid came for a player at pick two and the club didn’t have a first-round selection until pick 15, they would need to trade up the order to obtain a pick no later than 11. Or the club would need to use pick 15 and their second-round pick.

were not worthy waynes world GIF
The alternative scenario seems to make more sense, there's a corner case with the first scenario where the bid for the Father Son is made with the last pick for the round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested how Max heath is travelling.. from what iv seen of him at VFL I do like but not sure if he is a genuine ruckman or Fwd/ruck. Either way hopefully gets a crack at it this year.

The thing with Collard is the better he gets the harder the West Australian teams will come. Can you imagine if he did become Shai 2.0 and then asked to go home?

What we need to do is get him to feel like St Kilda is his home, where he’s grounded, connected and thriving.

Easier said than done, and Collard has an enormous role to play in that as well.

Well if he becomes Shai 2.0 then he stays with us!

Shai looks like he'll be a one club player!

The alternative scenario seems to make more sense, there's a corner case with the first scenario where the bid for the Father Son is made with the last pick for the round.
Look I don’t care what pick is used as long as the pick is in the corresponding round of the bid

That way the first round stops getting blown out and first rounders are taking second round talents.

Clubs pay fairly for talents and it prevents those same clubs from double dipping by trading out first rounders for multiple picks that also improve their hand the next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back