Player Watch Lachie Sullivan

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, seems to be custom built for our game style: wonder what pick he'd go at if the National Draft was run now?

Prob not high. Given his position and big body. Plays one role. Prob why he was overlooked for a long time.
Hard to do it the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching the Intra club highlights again and Lachie really seems like the Taylor Adams direct replacement.

Except with better disposal

There’s probably more to these recruits than simply the question “will they play in 2024?” Or even “will they play ever?”.

Collingwood 2022 onwards has been all about team / squad mentality. A champion team will beat a team of champions every time.

Markov has shown that SSP players can have an impact on the field …

… however even if they don’t get a game but push incumbent players harder to keep their spot, then they will have been valuable.

A list spot kept vacant for the MSD is not going to put any pressure on selection in the first half of the season when wins need to be banked.

Last edited:
Super happy with him. Better ball use than both Adams and Mitchell and a better transitional runner than both.
No idea what his inside work is like which is where the two above are elite but he looks like a player we can trust outside our best 23 and someone who could break into that side.
Better than Mitchell?! I’ll take that. Great pick up, seemed like a no brainer from the start. Interested in Bytel though.

Super happy with him. Better ball use than both Adams and Mitchell and a better transitional runner than both.
No idea what his inside work is like which is where the two above are elite but he looks like a player we can trust outside our best 23 and someone who could break into that side.
Mitchell's ball use is sublime in my eyes.
Sullivan needs to prove himself in Senior footy before making such statements.

An interesting pick up, will shine in our VFL team, help younger players and is a chance as an Adam's replacement. Looked very good in the intra club hit out, albeit where most of our elite players didn't get out of second gear. Been overlooked in a lot of drafts, but could be plug and play if we get a couple of injuries to mids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to hear that it was Lachie & his manager who reached out to the Pies, to train as a SSP & not the other way round.

I like him even more for showing that initiative, many others would have already given up on the AFL dream. I sincerely hope he becomes a regular in our seniors.
Yeah, I thought that was interesting too, so we only planned on 5 players.
And we were initially interested in him for our vfl squad, and he just impressed enough to list.

Mitchell's ball use is sublime in my eyes.
Sullivan needs to prove himself in Senior footy before making such statements.
Well he will get that chance but you can judge players on their skills before they make it. Mitchell is an in and under beast and does work to his limitations and gives to our better users. Hawks fans I think we frustrated by him because he does have limitations and probably had to bite off more than he could chew particularly around Newcombe, Worpel and few others who are poorer users of the footy than him. If you are surrounded by Daicos brothers, Sidebottom, De Goey, Pendles, Lipinski all you need to do is get it them.

I do know already if I have a choice between Adams, Mitchell or Sullivan hitting a target inside 50 I will back Sullivan. If I want someone to win a contested ball Mitchell, Adams ahead of Sullivan.

Adams used to bite more than he can chew but at the same time was the player who gave the most assists last year. So we need Schulz to beat him in that area and goals to be a win.

Sullivan seems a capable depth back up for both.

Well he will get that chance but you can judge players on their skills before they make it. Mitchell is an in and under beast and does work to his limitations and gives to our better users. Hawks fans I think we frustrated by him because he does have limitations and probably had to bite off more than he could chew particularly around Newcombe, Worpel and few others who are poorer users of the footy than him. If you are surrounded by Daicos brothers, Sidebottom, De Goey, Pendles, Lipinski all you need to do is get it them.

I do know already if I have a choice between Adams, Mitchell or Sullivan hitting a target inside 50 I will back Sullivan. If I want someone to win a contested ball Mitchell, Adams ahead of Sullivan.

Adams used to bite more than he can chew but at the same time was the player who gave the most assists last year. So we need Schulz to beat him in that area and goals to be a win.

Who is this Adams you speak of?

Mitchell has a nice kick. Not great penetration but it's accurate. He has shown he can hit targets inside 50. In the grand final he hit targets. Sullivan hasn't played an AFL game yet. I wouldn't be betting on him over Mitchell.

He's faster around the ball and with his decision making too.
Also looks like a natural rover with good game sense, gets into good spots at the foot of marking contests and good core strength when he gets tackled at the stoppages as well.

If we are to win the flag again this year then the contributions of our players in that next group outside our core 15-16 players will be a key part of that, so its good to see that Sullivan looks more than capable of coming in and doing a really solid job for us if / when called upon.

Impressive with his new 1st 2 games in VFL.

Hard Nut who gets Clearnces

Could play the Mitchell roll at AFL Level quite well and I say Mitchell will get some Reat this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back