Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ruck-line is genuinely hilarious right now:

Over 2.6 MIL on rucks;

View attachment 1931845

Looking forward to spending that cash in the weeks to come!
ryan reynolds hd GIF

But you could spend it now???

You would think that wouldn't you, but honestly, no.

Problem is, me spending that essentially burns a trade, and I miss out on one of the MP's I really want.

I could spend it, but then I have to keep playing Coffield, and forego Massimo - as Billings is locked (given he was in my side a lot of pre season until he got subbed).

Given Grundy's BE is only 71, and he's playing at home this week, gives me one last look to see if I want to keep him as a rotating option with Xerri for example, and get rid of Marshall instead and save myself 350K whilst having the Gawn/Grundy/Xerri set up I was initially considering.

Most likely what happens though, is Grundy goes to Barnett after peaking in price, and then I can look at a Gulden type who's sufficiently dropped in price by then/had his bye.

Long season, and I reckon I've currently got the Top 2 rucks, so I want to play it carefully with that money - rather than blowing it on one upgrade and missing out on a ton of value elsewhere.

Not sure if you saw, but I had the E on Grundy looped with Barnett, and got his 53. Decided after lots of umming and ahhing, that I'd get Gawn in given I wouldn't have to waste a trade in future on him/get his score if he went well. Required leaving Grundy on the bench and restructuring, but absolutely worth it in the end.

You would think that wouldn't you, but honestly, no.

Problem is, me spending that essentially burns a trade, and I miss out on one of the MP's I really want.

I could spend it, but then I have to keep playing Coffield, and forego Massimo - as Billings is locked (given he was in my side a lot of pre season until he got subbed).

Given Grundy's BE is only 71, and he's playing at home this week, gives me one last look to see if I want to keep him as a rotating option with Xerri for example, and get rid of Marshall instead and save myself 350K whilst having the Gawn/Grundy/Xerri set up I was initially considering.

Most likely what happens though, is Grundy goes to Barnett after peaking in price, and then I can look at a Gulden type who's sufficiently dropped in price by then/had his bye.

Long season, and I reckon I've currently got the Top 2 rucks, so I want to play it carefully with that money - rather than blowing it on one upgrade and missing out on a ton of value elsewhere.
Great response and I probably won't do it justice with mine, but making the Grundy to barnett trade now will free up enough cash for you to bypass Massimo (who had a sample size of one) for a more proven player. Starting a player closer to the top of their line is more likely to get you a quality score while we're in best 18 world, rather than punting on Mass replicating his game vs essendon.

Great response and I probably won't do it justice with mine, but making the Grundy to barnett trade now will free up enough cash for you to bypass Massimo (who had a sample size of one) for a more proven player. Starting a player closer to the top of their line is more likely to get you a quality score while we're in best 18 world, rather than punting on Mass replicating his game vs essendon.

Mmm this is definitely something I've considered, but again, I can just do that this week after trades anyway?

Also, it means that I wouldn't just be foregoing Mass, but I'd also be foregoing Billings too. Billings just pumped out a 140 and has shown in the past he has a massive ceiling, so is it worth missing a player I had in most of PS, who hasn't changed price (only good thing about him being subbed on), for the prospect of a ceiling player that I can just get the following week anyway - whilst getting in the two MP's I want as well? Both of which will be out of reach, while the ceiling player remains pretty similar, if they don't go massive again?

Not to mention reading the Hawks thread, that apparently Mass said he wanted to emulate Gulden and J. Daicos with their role, and absolutely looked like he was on the weekend. Coffield gone as well, it just feels like a no brainer for mine.

Mmm this is definitely something I've considered, but again, I can just do that this week after trades anyway?

Also, it means that I wouldn't just be foregoing Mass, but I'd also be foregoing Billings too. Billings just pumped out a 140 and has shown in the past he has a massive ceiling, so is it worth missing a player I had in most of PS, who hasn't changed price (only good thing about him being subbed on), for the prospect of a ceiling player that I can just get the following week anyway - whilst getting in the two MP's I want as well? Both of which will be out of reach, while the ceiling player remains pretty similar, if they don't go massive again?

Not to mention reading the Hawks thread, that apparently Mass said he wanted to emulate Gulden and J. Daicos with their role, and absolutely looked like he was on the weekend. Coffield gone as well, it just feels like a no brainer for mine.
Solid points, and I agree with much of it. I would say, though, there probably aren't many players who wouldn't want to emulate one of the best young midfielders in the comp ;)

Admirable for Massimo, but he needs to be the best version of himself first, before he worries too much about emulating others. Careful not to place too much stock in that.

team.jpg
Hey guys what are your thoughts ?
100k in the bank

1918 score and a rank of 54k

Thinking of going Hewett to Dempsey
Wines to Zerret/Serong

Hewett and Wines just not doing what I expected them to do

Most team I havr seen are going with 2 rooks in the fwd line and with 4 of the next 5 weeks best 18 going to a more guns and rooks strategy should be feasible.

Not sure if you saw, but I had the E on Grundy looped with Barnett, and got his 53. Decided after lots of umming and ahhing, that I'd get Gawn in given I wouldn't have to waste a trade in future on him/get his score if he went well. Required leaving Grundy on the bench and restructuring, but absolutely worth it in the end.
Yeah, but why did you get rid of Barnett? If you kept him as your utility or forward bench you wouldn't need to use the extra trade. You could trade Grundy to Massimo or Billings or anyone.

You wouldn’t believe it, I might hold Spudarick. Currently going Grundy to Xerri and Clark to Dempsey. Already have Massimo, and will hold on Newcombe. Was shocking conditions during GC game so will hold for one more and go from there. Imagine if he comes good and I have a nice POD…lol what am I even saying, I know I’m dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wouldn’t believe it, I might hold Spudarick. Currently going Grundy to Xerri and Clark to Dempsey. Already have Massimo, and will hold on Newcombe. Was shocking conditions during GC game so will hold for one more and go from there. Imagine if he comes good and I have a nice POD…lol what am I even saying, I know I’m dumb.
Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Best 18 scoring next week so I think I can afford to change to a 3 rookie mid setup. Need to chase cash as well as find a good value option for my forward line so I look pretty set on Billings.

I'll hold Budarick for this week. See how he goes with better conditions. Got 319k for trades the next week so I could look to upgrade Budarick to a premo or Massimo if he impresses again.

fantasyr2trades.png
fantasyr2team.png

Yeah, but why did you get rid of Barnett? If you kept him as your utility or forward bench you wouldn't need to use the extra trade. You could trade Grundy to Massimo or Billings or anyone.

Cash gen. I'm literally giving up a red dot straight away...and I still haven't totally shelved the idea of having Xerri on my bench, at least for the first part of the season.

If I stuck Barnett as a red dot, then in that round (as Grundy had already played), I would have been giving up the cash gen from one of Dempsey, Cadman or Lazzaro. All so I could make the same move one week later that I would have made anyway. Also means I would need one of those rooks, which burns another trade/they're more expensive than they were.

Trust me, I went through all of the outcomes before I made this decision, lol. Best 18 played a part too.

Admirable for Massimo, but he needs to be the best version of himself first, before he worries too much about emulating others. Careful not to place too much stock in that.

To be fair, it was more about his role on the wing and drifting back into defence and using his kicking to help transition. - that he was talking about.

Seemed to do it pretty well with 29 disposals and a 94. Also a nothing D6 in Coffield to someone who has that kind of ability, just feels pretty simple to me.

Last edited:
Is Wines a must trade? The CBA split was very concerning but was that due to opponent?

Did see an interesting point raised that because it exited the stoppages so quickly and cleanly there wasn’t much opportunity for a guy like Wines to score.

Is there more scope for him to score against better contested opponents or am I just clutching at straws?

Is Wines a must trade? The CBA split was very concerning but was that due to opponent?

Did see an interesting point raised that because it exited the stoppages so quickly and cleanly there wasn’t much opportunity for a guy like Wines to score.

Is there more scope for him to score against better contested opponents or am I just clutching at straws?

Port are the lowest scoring Fantasy team or one of the lowest, from memory. So if he's not getting CBA's, then there's only so many points to go around under Hinkley's forward half game plan.

Butters and Rozee, and maybe Houston, can average 100+ under the right circumstances. Wines without the CBA's probably only averages 90 at absolute best. Just doesn't seem worth the headache, and his sacrifice allows me to get in two guys with low BE's - and get rid of Coffield. Not to mention the eye test showed he did not look good on the weekend, and Rozee, Butters and JHF commanded the ball a lot more. He also seems to love a handball, which doesn't help.

Good riddance I say!

Only saving grace for Wines is that it was particularly hot and humid. Port last year would switch up rotations quite a bit depending on match ups and conditions, so maybe they thought better to keep his powder dry.

But yeah I'm probably clutching at straws myself, the midfield mix was a bit of a mystery but I genuinely thought Wines would be #1 again (mainly because he's useless elsewhere). I'm holding this week because rookies are more important to fix but definitely wish I went Crouch over Wines.

Wines looked slow - is slow, for mine. I mean, it was West Coast! Kelly had a 57, Duggan a 67 and Yeo a 70. They amassed a paltry 1162 and not a ton amongst them against Port's 1612 with just two tons, BUT 12 PLAYERS on his side outscored him.

There may be something in what you say, but it does feel a long bow when you consider Port did flick it around a bit and was the 4th highest Fantasy team, when, I think, generally they are not.

Is he the most urgent change though, with only the Tigers next?

Thinking the below. Yeo doesn't have the ceiling and I'm not keen on fading Sheezel any longer. Hewett with the bye and again no ceiling so needs to go. Means I miss Dempsey, although all my forward rooks are making money so will unfortunately have to pass on him. Leaves me with $169k in the bank. Newcombe gets another week because he does have the role and a ceiling and I'm just hoping it was an aberration.

1710767859641.png

Round 2 team activated ✅
Cya fisher and Clark, hello Bonner and Dempsey plus 140k in the bank.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319_003146_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240319_003146_AFL Fantasy.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 27
Thoughts on Perkins? Attended 27 of the 30 CBAs. Yes I know Parish will be back soon but I would think Durham makes way for him rather than Perkins.

Surely he at least stays in there for 50-60%.

Was considering:
G.Hewett > Billings and Budarick > D'Ambrosio + 191k cash for next week

but now thinking:
G.Hewett > J.Sharp and Budarick > Sheezel + 14k

Basically, it's either paly the mid-price game x2 with great BE but can be risky with scoring or go with the premium + rookie option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back