Review Cats down Doggies by 4 points to go 4-0

Remove this Banner Ad

Dempsey is a huge talent.

I think Rohan would be looking more at Close’s spot or a sub role in the best 22 now.
Yup at the moment if he comes in its likely for Close who's form hasn't been great, because he certainly isn't displacing Stengle, Henry or Dempsey at the moment.

Shit umpiring and tired legs kept the Doggies in it, was glorious being at a pub filled with Doggies fans and when we got that late free kick to Close who wasted time before he went to Tuohy who went long down the boundary. Absolutely let them know about it.

I love it when a team is mature enough to play tired against a quality opponent and squeak out a win. No Danger, 5-day break, interstate game... Love it.

Bulldogs forum is pretty funny. Lots of 'we're objectively better than them', 'I hate Geelong', 'woulda, coulda, shoulda' etc. We might not be the biggest fish in the pond anymore but I love how dangerous we've remained.

The next generation of Cats is really exciting. Bruhn, Bowes, Dempsey, Clarke, Holmes, Conway... Who knows where the ceiling is? And if the past is anything to go by, you wouldn't be surprised if a few other stars decide to jump ship and come to the cattery, AKA Dangerfield and Cameron. It's a bloody good time to be a Cats supporter.

De Koning has been better this year. There will always be times where defenders look back, Kolodashnij and Henry both conceded marks I50 by failing to stand their direct opponent.

I thought Kolo and Henry were both good but the young key forwards are enormous now and they have a big height disadvantage against them. Glad we have SDK and that we have invested in COS for the future.

Losing JUH due to the academy reshuffle is sickening. Opposition supporters would literally have spontaneously combusted if we got him via academy :(

The dogs last few players picked are maybe not super strong but they have so much raw talent. Would win the flag with CS as coach.

Almost ran out of legs after a 5 day break and wet game.

The big differences were the coach and the fact we had a very even spread for contributions compared to them who were dragged along by a few players which kind of reminded me of us in 2016-2019 era in which Danger and Selwood dragged us to wins we probably shouldn't of had.

Not sure Toma is ever lazy. Last week was a big weekend for him. Would have been a drain. He still competes no matter what. We’ll really miss him when he’s gone, even on the nights like tonight when you think he seemingly does nothing.
It could have been a let down after all the nervous energy around his 350th. However he was not competing last night. He was dropping his head, he was frustrated and he was giving up on contests when he still had a chance to influence them. It was so frustrating to watch. Ok to say Hawkins has plenty of runs on the board but last night he did not add to his run tally.

Tommy would pass Joel's games record down in Geelong if he plays the next 5 games. If he gets rested he would be doing it up at the Gold Coast. I know the coaches won't care cause they do what's best for the team but would be cool him getting to 356 at home.
That game is in Darwin.

Do we know how far off both Dangerfield and Cam Guthrie are from returning?

After the North game we have 6 really tough games against high quality midfields and we’re gonna need these two.

Great win given the midfield we had out there - Dogs only really got on top in the second half (really the last quarter) and that has to be in part that some guys started getting leggy. To do it without Holmes getting involved either is hugely encouraging. Rhys instrumental, as with Conway last week the ability to get it clear of the players around the ball and moving towards our goal was huge. Bowes suggesting his midfield form at the end of last year wasn't a flash in the pan.

Surprised we were so far behind in xS given the shots we missed late - I guess some of those first quarter goals were pretty low percentage efforts. Forward line probably the only area of disappointment, Jones gave Hawkins a bath and we just didn't compete effectively enough in the air. For all his stats I thought Jezza made some howlers in this regard at times, but was good to get him further up the ground. Stengel back to his 2022 best - beyond the obvious thing of kicking goals there's just something about him that makes him a joy to watch.

When Tomahawk is in lazy mode like tonight it must be so frustrating for the players who bust their arses to get the ball to him.
I think we should give Hawkins a bit of leave way.. his played 351 games and his 36 years old.. we can't expect him to be at his peak every game

What Do You Mean Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to scrape through we had great link run and delivery tonight but the dogs defenders were on point Jones and Khamis were playing out of their skin.

Zuthrie has added more and more every year. Dempsey and Henry both locks now in the team. Miers bog and Cameron’s efforts in the last were so heroic a couple of big grabs and contest when he needed to. Also Stanley in the last, I wanted Conway but Stanley saved some great opportunities.
Gee when ever has Ollie Henry not been a lock... kicked 40 plus goals last year for a guy who is now in his 4th year.. im sure he was always in our best 22 this year

I think we should give Hawkins a bit of leave way.. his played 351 games and his 36 years old.. we can't expect him to be at his peak every game
I think you meant leeway or "cut him some slack". However "leave" might be the answer. He has earned a rest and Shannon Neale is waiting in the wings. Tomahawk should be managed, perhaps play 2 out of every 3 games. If Neale takes to his role then he can be given even more games.

Watching the replay this morning. That last goal kicked by the doggies - clear as day push in the back on Blicavs haha. Just shoved him out of the contest as hard as possible. No whistle 🤣🤣
Even the commentary team were like that’s a push and they agreed but moved on.

But people all over socials and the dogs board blaming Stengles mark.
Might be my one eye but you can see clear as day he marked it.
Also the dogs blaming the inaccuracy, We missed our easy shots too guys.
Jog on

Didn’t love his pathetic effort that led to their last goal. FFS he lacks intensity.
WTF?

Naughton does that to every defender in the league 1v1 on the wing.

That is a bizarre comment if you are serious. if you are going to crucify him for that then you are just looking for things to criticise him for.

Didn’t love his pathetic effort that led to their last goal. FFS he lacks intensity.

Funny sort of game from him. He completely pantsed Naughton yet is making some absolutely howling errors when in possession under little pressure. A little too laconic perhaps at times? Still, he’s 100% better than last year.

I loved Parfitt's game tonight. There was a huge pressure act by him late on the wing which resulted in a turnover in our favour.
Agree- he seemed much faster with disposal and taking the first option rather than holding the ball too long and getting caught. Keep it up Brandon!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back