Review Fremantle Contest a Game in South Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton peeps, come on, no one on here wants your advice, stay out

Edit: holy **** Carlton people, how can you think anyone here wants your input on umpires or anything to do with the game. Stay out or get pointed

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure he does a weekly radio segment with someone (can't remember who) so I'm sure he'll be asked about it.
as long as he adds to the explanation of what he said WHY he walked towards the umpire.

I feel like he should - this incident could be very damaging

I am sorry, but I still believe JLo should have protected him. Even Fagan said he had no idea about what happened with his boys in Las Vegas, and we all know he did. He did what any coach would do and stuck up for them.
In what capacity?
He backs him privately, who cares about it publicly? AFL will just release a statement saying please explain and Jl has been reprimanded.

AFL is a billion dollar industry and the fact umpires are not full time, needs a thorough review. Surely can’t keep going down this route and say Yep got it wrong, BUT. Adelaide were robbed last season and something like this could be costly too.

The West Australian has been suspiciously supportive of Freo throughout this debacle...
Not really that suspicious Stingbitten. Their owner has been spotted wearing a Freo scarf at finals games previously, and promoting the s***t out of the Eagles every other week if the year.

Never let truth, footy allegiance or facts, get in the way of turning a pragmatic profit... He learnt that one from the AFL.

Last edited:

A fair rule should be if the umpires make a mistake in a close game and realise after or made a poor judgement in the last 5 minutes of play which can alter the outcome then it should reverted to a draw in this game and players that pointed out a valid mistake should have any punishment reversed..Mistakes in close games that cant be reversed happens way too often every season. What about the punters who may have had a huge bet on the game and footy tipping..Loved the idea of a huge petition for some kind of change.
What about umpiring mistakes in the first 5 mins of play or any time during the game. Shouldn’t matter when it happens.

Each team should get say 2 opportunities to ask for a replay/review of any decision in a game - like they used to in tennis, to control the number of disruptions. Not perfect but gives teams some feeling of control and take the pressure of umpires who are in the wrong position.

Haven’t seen Amiss been serviceable either in that regard.
Apart from 4 goals he managed from 6 disposals, he hasn’t taken advantage of having the second/third defender.
Tabs took on Weitering and brought him out of the 50. Amiss had Kemp, who took a game high 14 marks. Jye himself only had 4 disposals. What’s the difference in what Jackson would bring that Amiss’ output would suddenly increase?
Tabs has been as good as Amiss the last few weeks and to be honest my expectations of Jye were higher.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lot of chat about Clark in the last few pages of this thread, he needs to learn to keep his emotions in check & it’s clear by the reaction of his teammates on the field he directed whatever comments were made at the umpires.
Hopefully the coaches & players have moved on & watched the reply because there’s lots of learnings & now Port are firmly in their sites. They need to somehow make a positive out of that debacle & learnings are a great start.
If it were me the Port game couldn’t come quick enough to make amends & I suspect the players will be feeling the same way. We made a statement against Carlton, let’s make an even bigger one this week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have thread banned Norway Blue but left the other guy about umpires be because he’s at least not shoving a Carlton view on us. I will delete posts later.

If you disagree with this approach (not banning the other guy), please PM me and don’t make a slew of posts taking it further off track

I have thread banned Norway Blue but left the other guy about umpires be because he’s at least not shoving a Carlton view on us. I will delete posts later.

If you disagree with this approach (not banning the other guy), please PM me and don’t make a slew of posts taking it further off track
800 Carlton poster threadbans and yet no-one has suggested the obvious solution of changing the thread title?

After a game like that why not just make the post-match thread a no opposition supporters allowed thread. Neutral opposition supporters add nothing to the threads anyway with boring good game or commiseration posts.

After a game like that why not just make the post-match thread a no opposition supporters allowed thread. Neutral opposition supporters add nothing to the threads anyway with boring good game or commiseration posts.
Because we aren’t that petty and don’t think any other board does that and I soft made it that with a very obvious sign at the top of every page that appears beyond the comprehension of many blues supporters

We should have buried them earlier. There was just way too many skill errors, indecisiveness, we seem to be hitting the grass with kicks/handballs more often than not rather than team mates. Lack of composure and awareness by some
Even if we were more direct the game would have been over before the controversial call. Chipping it in the 50 and turning it over, it was kind of hard to watch. Our forwards aren’t working hard enough and dropping too many marks. Even McKay who barely did anything took more marks than all of our big forwards.
Really liked Sharp and Aish this game.

Last edited:
Because we aren’t that petty and don’t think any other board does that and I soft made it that with a very obvious sign at the top of every page that appears beyond the comprehension of many blues supporters
Other boards (like the ridiculously precious Carltank board) do restrict oppo supporters in those threads but how bloody weak is that. We’re not that thin skinned. Come and troll though and you’ll find out.

We should have buried them earlier. There was just way too many skill errors, indecisiveness, we seem to be hitting the grass with kicks/handballs more often than not rather than team mates. Lack of composure and awareness by some
We had all of the top players on the field... the game was ours for the taking and we dropped it. The positive is that the boys will learn from this and we'll be better for it.

Screenshot_20240407_213955_AFL.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back