Preview Preview and Changes: Round 6 - Port v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugly game yesterday but I wouldn't be changing up the side too much after a win against a top 8 side.

Definitely need strong runners on the MCG deck.

McEntee needs to go, and given he was subbed yesterday, I'm hoping the coaches are cottoning on to this as well. Three small forwards (DBJ, Rioli and SPP) are enough given the extensive midfield options Port have who can also play forward (Rozee, Butters, JHF etc).

So I'd drop McEntee and bring in Boak for the extra midfield rotation. Keep Mead as the sub.

Dixon was extremely hobbled last night and if he can't go next week it's quite a conundrum as to whether they play just the two KPFs (Marshall and Georgiades) with a further small, or whether they play a second ruck like Sweet which would be my preference given Soldo won't be able to play 96% game time every week as he did last night, with little to no chop out.

If BZT's shoulder doesn't get up, McKenzie is the like for like replacement.

I'd like to see Josh Sinn get a run but I just don't see where he fits in the team right now given the back line is doing pretty well.

Agree

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, it was a bizarre conversation between Dixon and Johnston along the lines of "his arms were straight so he deserves games" with Eddie giving them a WTF? look.

It’s like they make shit up for a lynching

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, it was a bizarre conversation between Dixon and Johnston along the lines of "his arms were straight so he deserves games" with Eddie giving them a WTF? look.
Two ****ing ***** that do not deserve the jobs they have. Wtf is the point of getting your sports journalism degree if ******* ex players will just take your spot in the media.

Collingwood out of form doesn't count.
Collingwood certainly got caught napping against the Hawks late, but IMO after this little week break they'll be as hard to beat as ever.

This season started earlier than ever before, with less preseason games, they're coming off going the distance and a premiership hangover. They were ALWAYS going to start slow. Beating Brissy was a huge corner turned for them. They've now put together 2 on the trot, it'll be 3 after this week, and suddenly they're back to 3-3 and top 4 is back on the cards again.

Anyone writing them off at the moment is foolish.

Beating the Pies at the G, in front of their crowd is literally as big as it can get for us, other than beating Brisbane in Brisbane.

If we can pull it out this weekend i will begin to give us some credit that there is potential for us to change and achieve something outside of our consistent trends, but I'm also extremely confident we will not be able to do it. Like a break in tennis though, even pulling out a win like this needs to be consolidated anyway. But hey, first step is the key. Let's see if they can pull off something.

Agree it’s just McEntee for Boak unless someone is out injured . Burgoyne did enough to get another run . If Dixon needs a week off I’d bring Sweet in , Lord if he were available. Agree Sinn would be getting close but for who ? Hopefully Jones continues to grow in composure. Dav is getting lots of cover with Allir and BZT so he’s being able to start developing nicely and BZT for that matter . Soldo getting a decent run at it must be good for his development as well so we have a good thing going there .
Bergman was in better form against Freo so hopefully that continues.
Soldo should be competitive in the ruck again .
If Zerk doesn’t come up and with Collingwoods relatively small forward line perhaps Sinn could come in to play on Bobby Hill or Shultz .
Drew to De Goey , Dixon to Moore George to Quaynor , Byrne Jones to Daicos ( Nick )
Burgoyne to Josh Daicos . Jones to Elliott .
Hard to say how well go . They’re favourites with the bookies.
Be a good win if we get it

Timmy Ginever and Tedders gave Farrell best for Port against Freo. He was brilliant and we need some pace to combat Collingwoods smalls.
Apart from kick , he offerred nothing . Playing at back require contested work which he never does . Playing him is like a playing 1 defender short .

Whatever changes we need for player management. Premierships arent won in the minor round.

Outside of that, Mckenzie for Burton, Boak for Mcentee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make or break for Sinn this year. Our 22nd/23rd players offer little as it is. We need to give him half a dozen games and if he isn't up to it, we move on

Half backs are locked in long term, he's got no chance of being best 23 in that position. Bergman and Burgoyne preferred as wings. Mead and Boak preferred as spare parts midfielders. Decent chance he's at another club next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back