Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Free Kick Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Potentiall unpopular question - do we persist with HEdwards ahead of Barrass for another week? He wasn't horrible and Barrass, whilst not horrible himself this season, is on borrowed time.
Barrass is 28?

Screenshot 2024-04-28 134429.png

Positives:
Barrass, Long, Reid back next week.
Yeo going Beast Mode.
The Snake continues his feasting.
The defense held up really well despite the overwhelming flood of entries.
Harry Edwards was solid and despite his first game in a while he was very good.
BBW battled hard, I thought his adjustment after the third was good.

Negatives:
1714284546139.png

Obliterated around the stoppages.
Suns had some extra people for them on the ground today, umps were terrible.
Junk time goals in the last.
That 3rd term.
Kelly was trying way too hard, giving up a tonne of frees and disposal was rushed.

Potentiall unpopular question - do we persist with HEdwards ahead of Barrass for another week? He wasn't horrible and Barrass, whilst not horrible himself this season, is on borrowed time.

Reid and Long straight back in for Sheed and Ryan.
If anything we leave HEdwards in the Jamo role, alongside TB. TB has gotta play if fit

Positives
Forward line was super efficient considering we got smashed in the midfield most of the day.
Defence held up well considering it was under siege. Not bad by HEdwards was expecting him to get a bath.
Negatives
Midfield got smashed. Yeo kept up his end the rest got towelled up.
Generally fed the turnover game today.
Still improving from last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• POSITIVES
  • First half. Hung in there despite trailing in some key areas, clearances, tap-outs, tackles...etc
  • Yeo. The hung off him all day,19 dispoals and 18 of them were contested.
  • No injuries
  • Waterman. Just going from strength to strength.
  • Forwards. Hit the scoreboard with limited opportunities.
  • Darling. Congrats on becoming the second all time goal kicker for the club. Well earned.
  • Duggan. Disposal at times can be a little iffy but having a career best year to date.
  • Petch was pretty solid too.
  • Ryan. I know he was quiet but so good to have him back.

• NEGATIVES
  • Second half. Ran out of steam sadly, last couple of minutes not reflective of the overall game.
  • Witherden. Did not impress today, got outmatched by his opponent for most of the day.
  • Brockman. I don't know what to think of this kid yet. Maybe a stint in the twos to help build his confidence.
  • B.Williams. Out-rucked today by a very good opponent. It's going to happen.
  • High free kicks. Very sloppy today. Umps didn't give us much be we were very careless too.
  • Broken tackles. Definitely something that requires constant work.

Overall i am pleased with the effort. Long ass trip for the boys and to go in to that game without our Key back, Ruck, Dynamic Mid and Full forward against a side who hasn't lost at home and is at full strength was pleasing. Gave it all, left it all on the field.

Bring on the Bombers.

Rotham's playing that role. One of them needs to come out. At least, Edwards looks up to it, so if he can continue like that he gets an extension for when Gov retires.
I can't believe I'm saying this but I think Rotham has earned his place. Would be nice to have three players competing for a spot though.
Did we not run 4 tall defenders one of the weeks? Im sure we brought in Witho for Jamo when he went out.
Rotham doesnt need to play tall, and we want Gov to not have to mark a tall either

Reid and Long straight back in for Sheed and Ryan.

Barrass on borrowed time? What? on the beers too early! He was one of the best onfield last week against Freo.

Did we not run 4 tall defenders one of the weeks? Im sure we brought in Witho for Jamo when he went out.
Rotham doesnt need to play tall, and we want Gov to not have to mark a tall either
If the aim is the have TB and HEdwards play as lock down and Gov as the interceptor, then it can work. Very top heavy backline though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back