Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carr coming out with the 'just another game' crap once again.

You can think it's just another game all you like but when the opposition builds the game up as their grand final you're going to be massively on the back foot mentally straight out of the gate.

Despite Laird and Crouch pretty much getting only handballs, they seem to do well against us because we collapse towards the ball leaving an outside player free. You'd rather these guys kick it because they crab it sideways leaving us time to set up in defence. Our midfield has to stop Dawson and Milera getting the handball receives from these two.
They do well because ROB has been so dominant vs Visentini/ Lycett that he has literally jammed the ball down their throats 90% of the time
Big test for Sweet the big ugly ginger red neck

butters showdown medal and Port by 9, im usually very negative but i just have a gut feel we win this as the underdogs.

I doubt we go in as underdogs, even with our outs. So we’re basically screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You can think it's just another game all you like but when the opposition builds the game up as their grand final you're going to be massively on the back foot mentally straight out of the gate.
Especially strange since he never lost one of those 'just another' games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know now that he's towing the Hinkley party bs line. Josh Carr would never say and mean those words having watched every game he played.

We'll lose and ken will spend 5 minutes in the presser talking about how good a bloke Sloane is
"Yeah, we were a bit disappointing on the night and we need to own that, but ya gotta admire the way Rory goes about it and how the Crows boys turned up for him tonight."

we have lost the last 2 showdowns, we have 3 of our most important players out, its a crows home showdown and they will want to win for sloane, plus win/loss record doesnt mean anything in a showdown.
Sounds like a defeated mentality. We are the better side. They finally beat us last year after a run of about 3 years of complete dominance our way.

This will show us where we are at, good sides win with injuries. Im keeping the faith in the players. Its been one really disappointing 3 qtrs so far but the rest of the year has been solid without being great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back