List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

In the dream scenario of S.Taylor coming across as the best defender in the comp who literally intercept marks everything, then, Taylor and Billy as your key defensive posts allows Moore to go forward and give us some real potency ahead of the ball.

I personally also like the move of AJ into defence as a potential Howe replacement.

AJ into defence is an interesting one, certainly had positive feedback in VFL before switching forward and kicking 2.

I not sure if his tank would allow for it but a wing role as a tall fast rangy winger would also be interesting giving us a marking options between the arcs.

In the dream scenario of S.Taylor coming across as the best defender in the comp who literally intercept marks everything, then, Taylor and Billy as your key defensive posts allows Moore to go forward and give us some real potency ahead of the ball.

I personally also like the move of AJ into defence as a potential Howe replacement.
You’d throw the kitchen sink and the kitchen itself to get Taylor and I hope we do

Would love that. Unsure if the coaches would be so bold, but it would be so fun

“Luckless half-back-wingman Changkuoth Jiath is also out of contract (2024) with those conversations not expected to progress until he returns to the park.”
Soft tissue injuries are a bit of a worry. If we're happy on that front he'd be fun on a flank, but unsure. Steal him to pair with his brother, a la Ollie Henry? :p

So unproven talent and the type of inside mids we have waiting are not crash and bash that we need. Aka Adams and Mitchell types. Macrea plays a different game to them.

Mihocek is 33, McStay is a 25 to 30 goals year player coming off an ACL turning 29 so also in the back end of his career.

3rd defender Dean maybe a potential to replace Murphy role, but not Howes.

Steene has mixed reviews.

Demattia came as a mid they develop him there they may not.

Ryan hasn't shown much to date to say he will still be on the list in 12 months let alone take Nicks role on as a running HB distributor or even Crisps break the lines role with speed and power running.
I'm not even sure he has the athletic tools in his kitbag, seems a bit one paced to my eye.

Maybe Markov reminds his form in the interim, but long term you should have a couple options developing to increase odds.

Or we poach a mature proven candidate.
Mate - you were strident in your belief we had issues in 5 different areas.
I pointed out why you were taking it to far.
Now until all those players fail, then we can revisit your post.

Last edited:
Yep

What massive mis-management in regards to Grundy.
At the time of re-signing, should have told him how much we wanted to retain him but our cap indicates we could afford to pay him $$ - this them allows Grundy to make an informed decision and it protects the club. He stays, great, he leaves, sad, but we get good compo and protect our cap.

Adams: I see how much he loves the club but I'm having trouble reconciling all the different print and TV/online interviews - the information and timelines don't always correspond.
I don't care when he decided, what he was told, I'd just prefer a consistent story and one that was the truth.

Edit: and the Trloar mis-management. What the hell were we thinking with dollar amounts / years on all these deals?!

But again, I know it caused tremors pain to these players but shedding their salaries was essential.
99% Club fault, but the individuals also needed to understand the implications;ications of these deals on our cap.
Grundy was asked to take a cut but chose not to.

Long term key talls are tricky. They're probably the hardest junior talents to get right (see all those top picks who have flopped), and everyone wants to give the good ones big coin.

I think McStay & Checkers gets us to the end of 2026 - Checkers is as good as he's ever been, and McStay was really gelling in the 2nd half of last season.

TJ looks good to me. Parker showed a heap in his first game in yonks, which is intriguing.

I don't think Yeo is an actual option specifically, just that he's one of those rumoured.

We're apparently linked to Taylor, if loosely. Billy could go into a forward/ruck role alongside Mihocek & McStay.
I'd try shore up our KPD as they're generally easier and cheaper to acquire. Target a Nick Haynes UFA as a 2 year younger stop gap for Howe this year. Target S. Taylor RFA obviously for next year but if unobtainable think Balta could be a good RFA target given Richmond are likely near the bottom of the ladder again.

Either these allow us to move Moore forward or takes us to 2026 FA where we go hard for Ben/Max King as RFAs

Fly didnt have the hard convo with him guys. Even though someone was shopping themselves around pre GF. What an absolute flog. Always came across massively selfish, this just sets it in stone. For someones story to change that much in 8 months and still talking about it now, clearly has hard feelings
Have to agree, always felt Tay was about Tay 1st, tbh..wish him well at Swannies tho.

Okay i know we are still early in the season but speculation for trades next year

POSSIBLE SPECULATION OF PLAYER MOVEMENTS END OF YEAR

MACLUGGAGE FROM BRISBANE
PARFIT FROM GEELONG
CALEB DANIELS STRONG SPECUALTION
MOYLE FROM GOLD COAST AS RUCK DEPTH
BAILEY SMITH (STRONG INTEREST FROM GEELONG AND PIES)

TWO PLAYERS WHO COULD LEAVE ARE
NOBLE INTEREST FROM GOLD COAST
CARMICHAEL TO ADELAIDE SO FAR BUT THERE MANY PLAYER MOVEMENTS END OF SEASON

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it’s rehashing last year but thought it was interesting. Anyone catch Tay on the unlaced podcast?

Hold on.

Fly told him he was a required player in the current role.

Tay didn't like the answer.

Tay took a meeting with Sydney and choose to leave.

I'm not sure Fly really needed to call him always two sides to a story, any chance Fly Wright etc were disappointed he didn't reach out to them once he decided to leave?

We ironically owe our premiership to Grundy Treloar Beams and Eddie. The clean out and quick recovery both on and off field (coaching and admin) is due to the strength of the club and its committed resolve to get its house in order.

Adams and Ginni were just the next in line.

Collingwood owe Beams nothing he is a stain in our clubs history..

I enjoy your comments unfortunately this is a big L.

I'd try shore up our KPD as they're generally easier and cheaper to acquire. Target a Nick Haynes UFA as a 2 year younger stop gap for Howe this year. Target S. Taylor RFA obviously for next year but if unobtainable think Balta could be a good RFA target given Richmond are likely near the bottom of the ladder again.

Either these allow us to move Moore forward or takes us to 2026 FA where we go hard for Ben/Max King as RFAs
If we trust Haynes' body I'd happily grab him - was still very good last year. Balta is an interesting alternative to Taylor - Weitering is another, although likely a steep price tag.

Either way, lots of $$ for us to throw at fantasy scenarios. Hopefully some blend of them materialise

The decision to exit out of these poor decisions resulted in an almost immediate premiership so little point ruing mistakes of the past that are already well documented.
Great decisions

I’m simply contextualising these players love of the club and the decisions that lead to their departure that I hope we avoid in the future

If we trust Haynes' body I'd happily grab him - was still very good last year. Balta is an interesting alternative to Taylor - Weitering is another, although likely a steep price tag.

Either way, lots of $$ for us to throw at fantasy scenarios. Hopefully some blend of them materialise
Can't see FA movement between two big Vic clubs especially one with Blues/Pies rivalry unless you're pea-hearted daisy thomas following your dad across.

The sell to Taylor might be playing at the MCG in front of big Vic crowds. But don't have high hopes of prying a highly rated Vice Captain of the club out.

Can't see FA movement between two big Vic clubs especially one with Blues/Pies rivalry unless you're pea-hearted daisy thomas following your dad across.

The sell to Taylor might be playing at the MCG in front of big Vic crowds. But don't have high hopes of prying a highly rated Vice Captain of the club out.
They have history, Lynch and May were captains...he would be perfect for us

Grundy was asked to take a cut but chose not to.
Both the club and Grundy's manager have previously stated he wasn't. It was assumed the club had already made a list management decision to jettison him and get as much of his salary off our books.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back