Game Day Game Day: Crows v Pear, Round 8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Our form over the last 4 games has us top 6 in all the key categories we were good at last year (scoring efficiency, scoring from turnover, scoring from D50 etc). Yes we couldn’t beat Melbourne or Essendon, but both were close contests majority of the night and should have probably snagged one of them for… reasons.

Port have done well to scrape over the line in games they weren’t the better team, but I don’t think their form is too much better than ours. A good forward line can get ahold of them with the amount of I50s against them recently, hopefully that is us tonight!
If we continue with our fast moving attacking game style we should win. If we go back to our slow defensive plan we will lose.

Convo in the Arrowman household last night:

Mrs A: Who are you playing this week?
A: Port.
Mrs: Where?
A: Here, of course. Where else would it be?
Mrs: Well you never know what the AFL will come up with, do you?

For someone who knows zip about football, she's got the AFL worked out.

Sounds like Mrs Pugsley. Nicks doesn't know what he is doing does he. He is clueless when he doesn't know there is a fly on his head.

Convo in the Arrowman household last night:

Mrs A: Who are you playing this week?
A: Port.
Mrs: Where?
A: Here, of course. Where else would it be?
Mrs: Well you never know what the AFL will come up with, do you?

For someone who knows zip about football, she's got the AFL worked out.

She's not Damien Barrett is she?

Crows by 1 point

Keays to kick the winner from 5 points down
"Score Review: Umpire's call is a behind. Please check to confirm it was touched."

"Review complete. From these angles there is insufficient evidence to overturn the call."

Carr is fully coaching the side.
Watch Hinkley closely. He's like an old uncle who sits on the bench having a chat and is oblivious to what's actually happening in the game. He doesn't communicate with the coaches at all. Never seen a 'coach' more happily ignorant in my life.
Maybe he needs a laptop and behind the scenes lessons
??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a myth that this is the case. Typically, the better team throughout a season tends to perform better in the Showdown. However, it's like the regular season where it can also be match up dependent where one team plays a style that can over-perform against the other. Or teams can shoot themselves in the foot by losing their head midweek and upping the importance of this kind of game.
Last year wasn't a good example then. We were consistently the lower ranked side, yet won both Showdown's comfortably.

Last year wasn't a good example then. We were consistently the lower ranked side, yet won both Showdown's comfortably.

Yup, was an outlier of a year - helped by Adelaide being a team that matched up well against Port at the time.

Yeah...as soon as I saw it was Crouch's 150th, I shuddered! We are terrible in milestone games. I cannot recall the last time we won one (anyone got the stats on that?). That said...I predicted before last week's game that we'd get our season on track with a win over Nth and we'd get over the line against Port as well.

Ok, thought I’d took some stats on milestone games for players playing over 250 games (we have 11) and what result on their milestone game

Win - Loss records

150 games - 2 Wins 9 Losses (Edwards and Sloane)

200 games - 4 Wins 7 Losses

250 games - 8 Wins 3 Losses

300 games - 3 Wins 1 Loss

Last edited:
Ok, thought I’d took some stats on milestone games for players playing over 250 games (we have 11) and what result on their milestone game

Win - Loss records

150 games - 2 Wins 9 Losses (Edwards and Sloane)

200 games - 4 Wins 7 Losses

250 games - 8 Wins 3 Losses

300 games - 3 Wins 1 Loss

We are bad with 50 and 100 milestone games n

What about players on debut? :$

Carr is fully coaching the side.
Watch Hinkley closely. He's like an old uncle who sits on the bench having a chat and is oblivious to what's actually happening in the game. He doesn't communicate with the coaches at all. Never seen a 'coach' more happily ignorant in my life.
kern is just the official team cheer leader

So has Roo put his foot in it again? He’s trying to play mind games with Port and say they’ve failed in big games.

Historically they’ve been mouthing off and made to look foolish, we’ve been low key, this Showdown roles reversed.

And why does Roo refer to the Crows as “they”? He’s the football director, it’s “we”

So has Roo put his foot in it again? He’s trying to play mind games with Port and say they’ve failed in big games.

Historically they’ve been mouthing off and made to look foolish, we’ve been low key, this Showdown roles reversed.

And why does Roo refer to the Crows as “they”? He’s the football director, it’s “we”
Roo needs to learn to shut his trap!! delist/sack/fire out of a cannon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back