Game Day McMurphy Crows at the G v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

If that was daicos at that time of the game it's 100% play on.

^^^This, probably everyone's gut feeling across 17 supporter bases! Still Rankine was well over and it's rotten he may have injured himself trying to get his team over the line. But if there was gross inconsistency in that specific element of umpiring, it should be easy for FOX to show with their tech, properly, statistically, over games over years, not to cherry pick individual cases. Would finally be a real proof that "bias happens", something the AFL's valued gambling partners can't ignore... urgh. Given how hard AFL is to umpire and how notoriously private sorry totally silent the AFL is around umpiring "improvement", it's far more reasonable to believe there are contract clauses forbidding such public comment by FOX, than it is to believe umpiring is miraculously consistent, unbiased or even "yes errors happen but it's the best it can be".

That said not sure how you guys saw the rest of the game's umpiring (only seen a few highlights so far) but I thought with about 45s to go there was a fairly clear in the back missed on a Collingwood player near the boundary?

Apologies for the intrusion, I've barely recovered from our debacle two weeks back against your lot so go easy pls ;)

Don't care about last year I care about now and we ain't playing finals so it's a massive failure.
Well, I was asking about last year.

Strangely, I think our list has gone forward this year. Dawson continue his development to an elite midfielder after his slow start to the season. Soligo and Rankine has shown they are developing into A grader midfielders so potentially there's the A grade midfielder group we've been looking for, backline looks very good with the continue improvement of MM, Worrell and the emergence of Keane to compliment Murray then there's Cook (who still need to show a bit more) and Nankervis coming through. The ruck and forward line is still an issue, we need Thilthorpe either as the lead ruckman or KPF and Fogarty to step up next year and Welsh develop into a top 10 KPF pick prospect.

Well, I was asking about last year.

Strangely, I think our list has gone forward this year. Dawson continue his development to an elite midfielder after his slow start to the season. Soligo and Rankine has shown they are developing into A grader midfielders so potentially there's the A grade midfielder group we've been looking for, backline looks very good with the continue improvement of MM, Worrell and the emergence of Keane to compliment Murray then there's Cook (who still need to show a bit more) and Nankervis coming through. The ruck and forward line is still an issue, we need Thilthorpe either as the lead ruckman or KPF and Fogarty to step up next year and Welsh develop into a top 10 KPF pick prospect.
And we sit on 3 and a half wins from 10 with Walker on his last legs with a shit coach and can't beat depleted teams. Nah **** that happy clapper shit

^^^This, probably everyone's gut feeling across 17 supporter bases! Still Rankine was well over and it's rotten he may have injured himself trying to get his team over the line. But if there was gross inconsistency in that specific element of umpiring, it should be easy for FOX to show with their tech, properly, statistically, over games over years, not to cherry pick individual cases. Would finally be a real proof that "bias happens", something the AFL's valued gambling partners can't ignore... urgh. Given how hard AFL is to umpire and how notoriously private sorry totally silent the AFL is around umpiring "improvement", it's far more reasonable to believe there are contract clauses forbidding such public comment by FOX, than it is to believe umpiring is miraculously consistent, unbiased or even "yes errors happen but it's the best it can be".

That said not sure how you guys saw the rest of the game's umpiring (only seen a few highlights so far) but I thought with about 45s to go there was a fairly clear in the back missed on a Collingwood player near the boundary?

Apologies for the intrusion, I've barely recovered from our debacle two weeks back against your lot so go easy pls ;)
On this, why can’t we have access to the gps information, surely with a time stamp they can work it out accurately.

If we hadn't grabbed Dawson and Izak, we'd still be bottom 3 or 4.
Too many players either haven't kicked on, are too poor or cooked.

They are doing a huge amount of our lifting.

Well after 10 games we've shot up to 5th to bottom.

Screenshot_20240518_193435_AFL.jpg

Nicksy has us humming along.

And we sit on 3 and a half wins from 10 with Walker on his last legs with a s**t coach and can't beat depleted teams. Nah heck that happy clapper s**t
Which is why I said "strangely" as had I said this is what has happened before the season then you would think we were in the 8 and why I said Thilthorpe, Fogarty need to step up and Welsh develop into a top 10 KPF draft pick. You do know we had the same number of 1st choice players out as Collingwood don't you????

On this, why can’t we have access to the gps information, surely with a time stamp they can work it out accurately.

Not to go off topic but probably there are a few folks ahead of you and I on the commercial and proprietary interests list for those gems of data. Cheers.

Was at the game. A few missed frees here and there (especially some incorrect disposals from Daicos) that went both ways fairly evenly but thought for the most part the umpiring had little intrusion on the game (until the last 30 seconds) which is how it should be every game.

The Rankine decision specifically was so mystifying nobody at the ground even knew what the free was for, and was out of place with the way the rest of the game was umpired. I don't want to say "right in front of me" but it did happen in front of me and it looked like a standard run from any player. The decision raised a lot of eyebrows at the time but the home fans were thrilled with the result and thats all that matters right?

Which is why I said "strangely" as had I said this is what has happened before the season then you would think we were in the 8 and why I said Thilthorpe, Fogarty need to step up and Welsh develop into a top 10 KPF draft pick. You do know we had the same number of 1st choice players out as Collingwood don't you????
Thilthorpe plays 2 good games a year the same as his1st year. Fogarty shows something then goes missing for weeks.
So you reckon were gonna go for Welsh another Forward in the draft? Not a midfielder? I suppose it's better than a nothing player like Jones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thilthorpe plays 2 good games a year the same as his1st year. Fogarty shows something then goes missing for weeks.
So you reckon were gonna go for Welsh another Forward in the draft? Not a midfielder? I suppose it's better than a nothing player like Jones
Well we’ll obviously wait until someone nominates him.

That's why both need to step up next year (Thilthorpe supposedly was looking good in his preseason before getting injured in the preseason game). I still think we need a quality powerful contested bust midfielder with our 1st rounder if that isn't Pedlar. Other clubs have shown you can get a top 10 pick with 2nd and 3rd rounders.

I was there today. The only thing worse than losing was the untrammelled elation of the Collingwood supporters and their carers, before the game had finished.

Q: How bad is Chayce Jones.
Good job we signed him until the end of 2026, he can reward us for being that bad for another two and a half years. Unless he somehow becomes good, in which case I will retract this post.

If we hadn't grabbed Dawson and Izak, we'd still be bottom 3 or 4.
Too many players either haven't kicked on, are too poor or cooked.

They are doing a huge amount of our lifting.

Depressingly somewhat accurate, but Soligo, Max, Worrell, Keane, Hinge and Nank, I think have kicked on nicely. Rach on his way too. Peds, Filthy and Muz surely trend up from here. The ~50 gamers are solid.

The big issue I see is the poor performance of the +75 game players like Smith, Murph, Ned, Laird, ROB and even Tex and Fog at times.

Last edited:
Can someone PLEASE tell me why Chayce Jones gets a free pass every week?!? He needs to be dropped and for a very long time. Is a dumb, low skill footballer who should never have been drafted by us in the first place. I was prepared to give him a few years of being ordinary in the hope he would grow into a decent AFL footballer but is just absolutely not AFL standard. The worst decision maker, a poor mark, and a poor kick. Nicks, PLEASE drop him for Dowling or any of our young guns in the SANFL who are showing any kind of promise!
He’s signed until,the end of 2026.

And we sit on 3 and a half wins from 10 with Walker on his last legs with a s**t coach and can't beat depleted teams. Nah heck that happy clapper s**t
Get Out Max GIF by HBO

How many times did our players try to kick to Tex who couldn't get within 3 metres of the contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back