Game Day Crows V Demons at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

He's s**t because he is 4 seasons in and he keeps making the same mistakes.
Sounds made up.

He's 4 years in starting in a ground up rebuild.

I've said lots before that some stuff I don't think he's got right. But big picture there is a huge amount he has achieved. The fact that the Melbourne media isn't giving us a flogging week in week out speaks volumes.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds made up.

He's 4 years in starting in a ground up rebuild.

I've said lots before that some stuff I don't think he's got right. But big picture there is a huge amount he has achieved. The fact that the Melbourne media isn't giving us a flogging week in week out speaks volumes.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You are very easily impressed.

We now have a pattern of honourable losses, we seem to have lost several games by under two goals

Nicks keeps saying it’s a hard lesson

But where are we seeing the team are learning these lessons

I never expected us to play finals in 2023, but it has been a season of missed chances, and moving into 2024 we need to turn these honourable losses into wins

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It will click. A lot has clicked at times this year. We are much more impressive at our best and against good opposition. It will click.

I’m still not happy with how Crouch plays

22 touches but 15 of them handballs does not float my boat, and goes against the profile of a good and impactful AFL mid

Harry got better as the game went, but seems to start most games slowly which is frustrating

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
His hands were good today to a running back.

first year new coach and couldnt even train together tell me please how you bed a game plan in not being able to train , b get games into kids this all takes time people think he is a good coach but hey you dont

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Milera had to dispose of the ball better at the end, had a shot of pinching the game and he completely ****ed it up. Would have been better if he actually kept running and had a ping at the goal.
Yep, that or hit up Peds' who was in his own 40 out and on an angle. Even giving it to Dawson who only had Gawn to get past would have been a better option.

Either way you want your senior players taking some responsibility in that moment. Really disappointing day from Jnr.

first year new coach and couldnt even train together tell me please how you bed a game plan in not being able to train , b get games into kids this all takes time people think he is a good coach but hey you dont

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lucky Nicks still dining out on the Crows being the worst in the league at reacting to Covid in 2020. The Crows did so bad, it makes Nicks a good coach!

Lucky Nicks still dining out on the Crows being the worst in the league at reacting to Covid in 2020. The Crows did so bad, it makes Nicks a good coach!

Forgetting Nicks and his coaching ability for a minute. Do we have a top 4 or even top 8 list rigtt he now? Do we have one of the better misfields in the competition (regardless of who we play in there)

At the end of the day our list has been ordinary and great drafting and recruiting over the past 3-4 years has got us back on the right track

We are still a couple of players short but coming into this year we had huge questions marks over our defence and midfield. Our defence has come along massively. You can see a genuine quality group developing back there with good size and agility

Midfield is a bit stop and start. Harry and Sam looked likely but both have hit bumps along the way - the others are generally a bit immature but showing good signs.

Get some more speed - Redman and another pacey mid and Nicks will then be the focus of how we are performing imo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Forgetting Nicks and his coaching ability for a minute. Do we have a top 4 or even top 8 list rigtt he now? Do we have one of the better misfields in the competition (regardless of who we play in there)

At the end of the day our list has been ordinary and great drafting and recruiting over the past 3-4 years has got us back on the right track

We are still a couple of players short but coming into this year we had huge questions marks over our defence and midfield. Our defence has come along massively. You can see a genuine quality group developing back there with good size and agility

Midfield is a bit stop and start. Harry and Sam looked likely but both have hit bumps along the way - the others are generally a bit immature but showing good signs.

Get some more speed - Redman and another pacey mid and Nicks will then be the focus of how we are performing imo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Regardless of the list Nicks keeps making whoopsies at selection and whoopsies on gameday with subs and player positions.

Are you actually prepared to write off the dozens of examples of improvement of individual players, improvement of game plan, improvement visually, statistically, culturally, the attracting of A grade talent and keeping young draftees on extensions because Nick's picks Sloane each week, plays Murphy and didn't debut an untried Nankervis in a season we have been virtually injury free?

I don't want Sloane or Murphy playing. But I'm not blind to see the good has far far far outweighed the bad in Nick's coaching this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you actually prepared to write off the dozens of examples of improvement of individual players, improvement of game plan, improvement visually, statistically, culturally, the attracting of A grade talent and keeping young draftees on extensions because Nick's picks Sloane each week, plays Murphy and didn't debut an untried Nankervis in a season we have been virtually injury free?

I don't want Sloane or Murphy playing. But I'm not blind to see the good has far far far outweighed the bad in Nick's coaching this year.

Great comedy, thanks for the laugh.

far far farking hilarious.

You forgot about how Dawson had to tell him to play him in the midfield, and he's our best midfielder without training with the midfield in the preseason. Supercoach!

Its a bad take?

We lost by 4 points. FOG had 9 touches and 1.2 all whilst being defended by Tomlinson (an absolute hack).

All week - the only thing I heard is that it was poor ball use that cost us wins. All of our other forwards suffered just as much.

Walker had 4.0 Rankine had 3.3. Fog had 1.2 and 9 touches - What cost us the game??

Southerntakeover - if ball movement and all of your excuses are so bad - how can Rankine and Walker combine for 7 goals and Fog for 1.
If every forward entry was exactly the same, and Walker, Rankine and fog got the same results as today then you could argue your point.

Regardless of the list Nicks keeps making whoopsies at selection and whoopsies on gameday with subs and player positions.
Just wondering, why aren't you an AFL coach? But Nick's is...

We aren't privvy to even 1% of what happens at the AFC. Or even what happens on game day. We can only have opinions on the little we do see, and if your opinion differs then fine.

Great comedy, thanks for the laugh.

far far farking hilarious.

You forgot about how Dawson had to tell him to play him in the midfield, and he's our best midfielder without training with the midfield in the preseason. Supercoach!
What's wrong with Dawson putting his hand up for midfield time? Smith and Doedee once wanted this too and it didn't work.

Nice job not addressing a single part of my post though.

We aren't privvy to even 1% of what happens at the AFC. Or even what happens on game day. We can only have opinions on the little we do see, and if your opinion differs then fine.

Well at least my opinion is backed by the results at this stage. 1-7 away record in 2023. Clear gap between performance at home and away, bar 2 of those games. Motivation issue?

Just wondering, why aren't you an AFL coach? But Nick's is...

What a pathetic and dishonest thing to post. For one thing, I'm not an AFL coach because I do not, nor have I ever harbored any desire to be one.

What's wrong with Dawson putting his hand up for midfield time? Smith and Doedee once wanted this too and it didn't work.

Nice job not addressing a single part of my post though.

Get something worth addressing.

The fact he had to put his hand up is what is wrong, he is literally our best midfielder and these supposed experts didn't see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back