Game Day Crows V Demons at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

OMG settle down

The game was lost in other areas like 9 missed set shots, getting smashed in contested possession, and allowing Melb to get 4 goals up in several occasions

The game is not won or lost in the last couple of minutes

The game is won or lost over the 4 qtrs of footy

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How would you rate FOG's performance since round 7 onwards? Its a massive worry.

We now have a pattern of honourable losses, we seem to have lost several games by under two goals

Nicks keeps saying it’s a hard lesson

But where are we seeing the team are learning these lessons

I never expected us to play finals in 2023, but it has been a season of missed chances, and moving into 2024 we need to turn these honourable losses into wins

I've tried to find a malcolm blight quote where he's talking about turning around a bad team and it goes something like
"first you've got to start playing close games, then you start winning close games" (and presumably from there you start winning most of your games and or by large margins).

Im confident we're on the up, we have a decent squad of talent and hopefully we've entered the close games phase. The next two phases are a lot more fun though. ;)

I’m still not happy with how Crouch plays

22 touches but 15 of them handballs does not float my boat, and goes against the profile of a good and impactful AFL mid

Harry got better as the game went, but seems to start most games slowly which is frustrating

I noticed at least 2 crucial handballs in a chain that got us out of trouble. He also flew the flag.. I think it was Nank.. who got tackled and Melb player kept roughing him up while still on the ground. Crouch made it clear FAandFO.

He had a decent game.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need Pedlar and Rachelle to have massive off seasons and move into the midfield, and we need to find another established midfielder through a trade or FA

It will be great to draft a gun mid in next year but we need impact next year

I am excited by this prospect. I feel we need to trade a player in too.

I've tried to find a malcolm blight quote where he's talking about turning around a bad team and it goes something like
"first you've got to start playing close games, then you start winning close games" (and presumably from there you start winning most of your games and or by large margins).

Im confident we're on the up, we have a decent squad of talent and hopefully we've entered the close games phase. The next two phases are a lot more fun though. ;)
Don't talk common sense. It doesn't support the sack Nick's, sky is falling regime.

I remember blight saying something like this. Percentage is a good indicator of improvement

Silly argument. We have been trusting the kids all year, and he's in particular has been earning trust back after a patch of poor form.

I am glad he's paid it back. Really good game from him.

He absolutely has something.

He along with Pedlar are our two most attacking mids, they both need time.

Pedlar is way ahead imo though, he should be full time mid next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully that fire spreads to Nicks' contract and it burns up and we get a competent coach.
You have no rational argument why he's a bad coach....

He took us through the effed up COVID sanctions. 2 years of media flogging us over the camp despite us already sacking everyone involved. Our team has a coherent game plan. He's put 30 games into Rachelle and Soligo. 17 into MM and Pedlar after his injury. Murray.... And he's overseen contract extensions to all our young talent. We have traded in 2 A graders under his watch. Our team.had grown significantly under him... our forward system is in the top 6 in the comp.... compared to last year, that's massive.

But yes he's s**t because he's too smiley in pressers.....

Don't talk common sense. It doesn't support the sack Nick's, sky is falling regime.

I remember blight saying something like this. Percentage is a good indicator of improvement
It's frustrating of course because we feel right on the edge of the cliff of breaking through for these type of wins but you don't need to compare hard to see the improvements that have come. And the group is still so young and experience is being created as we go.

Nothing is guaranteed but if the hard work keeps going, we add some more talent through draft/trade/free agency and get Pedlar/Rach/Max/Soligo and the rest of the large number of them to about 23-24 years of age..

We really need to nail a few of our next players we bring to the club though.

You have no rational argument why he's a bad coach....

He took us through the effed up COVID sanctions. 2 years of media flogging us over the camp despite us already sacking everyone involved. Our team has a coherent game plan. He's put 30 games into Rachelle and Soligo. 17 into MM and Pedlar after his injury. Murray.... And he's overseen contract extensions to all our young talent. We have traded in 2 A graders under his watch. Our team.had grown significantly under him... our forward system is in the top 6 in the comp.... compared to last year, that's massive.

But yes he's s**t because he's too smiley in pressers.....

He's s**t because he is 4 seasons in and he keeps making the same mistakes.

Its a bad take?

We lost by 4 points. FOG had 9 touches and 1.2 all whilst being defended by Tomlinson (an absolute hack).

All week - the only thing I heard is that it was poor ball use that cost us wins. All of our other forwards suffered just as much.

Walker had 4.0 Rankine had 3.3. Fog had 1.2 and 9 touches - What cost us the game??

Southerntakeover - if ball movement and all of your excuses are so bad - how can Rankine and Walker combine for 7 goals and Fog for 1.

I'll give you this, you never tire of being stupid.

I noticed at least 2 crucial handballs in a chain that got us out of trouble. He also flew the flag.. I think it was Nank.. who got tackled and Melb player kept roughing him up while still on the ground. Crouch made it clear FAandFO.

He had a decent game.

As experienced back up he did well. Did exactly what I thought he would do - solid game 20-25 touches, but illustrate why he isn’t first picked

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back