Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith will net about the same as Dunkley Imo but probably slightly better because there's more than 1 club looking at him and 1 of those is a bottom 4 club. It's likely Geelong will be the front runners. Got to hope they don't win the flag.

Listening to Bevo's presser on questions on Bailey without saying it he knows his gone without saying it directly. Not word for word but something like it is hard when other clubs come for your players and from the player side they have a short window to maximise their income.

What if Smith nominated Collingwood? They don’t have a first round pick this year.

They’d probably offer their F1 & the Hawks 2nd this year, at best.

What if Smith nominated Collingwood? They don’t have a first round pick this year.

Honestly would take it. They're at the point that a handful of their players are at the end of their career and they don't use a game plan that older players can play like Geelong does. It's likely Sidebottom, Mitchell & pendles last year. Maybe Cox's too. It's likely they'll be about the same they're playing this season.

If that were to be the case then a pretty decent pick would need to be coming the other way. If Crows pick up the whole deal then a late 3rd would get the deal done IMO
Getting it off the books would be Dogs best interest but Crows will probably try to hold on to the third as part of the Welsh bid. Probably future 3rd more likely.

Might be an idea to target Borlase. Rookie at the Crows as an academy player only 21. UFA for some reason on the draft thread. Though only 192cm. Was an academy pick up. They'll likely delist him anyways if they're still going for Petty. Keane, Butts & Worrell have pass him. Murray also on the list but comes out of contract next year and is coming from a ACL.

If Smith lands at Geelong and the AFL don't run a fine tooth comb through that club and it's cosy little recruiting 'deals', I might go follow soccer or something.
Unless someone leaks something, or the media bring something up. The AFL will not do any digging on their own accord, even if they knew something was suss. Protecting the image of the game and money is more important to them than integrity.

"If its not on the surface, don't go digging for it" Is probably their mantra. Which is why they didn't request access to messages from tech company in the Talia saga, even though they probably could have.

It would definitely suck.

I think we were interested in Ed Allan from the 2022 draft and they may offer him up. Not sure if that's a good thing as I haven't heard his name spoken much. Former 1st round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless someone leaks something, or the media bring something up. The AFL will not do any digging on their own accord, even if they knew something was suss. Protecting the image of the game and money is more important to them than integrity.

"If its not on the surface, don't go digging for it" Is probably their mantra. Which is why they didn't request access to messages from tech company in the Talia saga, even though they probably could have.
Yes, spot on. If forced to investigate it's: "Nothing to see here. All good"

Protect the rivers of gold at all costs.

Players I would like to see Dogs to take a shot at. Borlase, Kyle Marshall/Tom McCallum, Josh Sinn,Hunter Clark.

May as well take Ken Hinkley too!
Port a ripe for picking because some of their players are out of contract and have a 3/4 father/sons looking to be coming in. They got no 1st round pick to trade next season after the last 2 seasons and need points for at least 2 of them. Their club is either coached well and those not getting games outside their talls are not good or their depth is decent. Anyways they got Mead to lock away and Lachie Jones so 1 of McCallum will be delisted or Marshall but Marshall is younger and probably a better prospect so likely be retained. Got not much outside that they can trade for that'll net them picks unless they willing to lose 1 of their best 22.

Sinn is not getting games and unlikely to do so soon.
McCallum is a Tassie boy and could be a rookie.

Unless there is a quality mid available to be traded in would be one way traffic this off-season and bring quality through the draft.

More likely to get quality mids from the draft than other clubs 3rd and 4th stringers.

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unless there is a quality mid available to be traded in would be one way traffic this off-season and bring quality through the draft.

More likely to get quality mids from the draft than other clubs 3rd and 4th stringers.

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hunter Clark would could be that mid. Not sure why he's not getting a game at saints unless injured or it's likely he doesn't fit Lyon's game plan.

If Smith lands at Geelong and the AFL don't run a fine tooth comb through that club and it's cosy little recruiting 'deals', I might go follow soccer or something.
As much as it pains me, a lot of players that head to Geelong aren't doing it for money, they're doing it for culture and to win. Scott is that type of coach that will attract players purely on the winning / culture standpoint and it seems like a lot of them are happy to buy in at a lower dollar amount to rack up those wins.

As much as it pains me, a lot of players that head to Geelong aren't doing it for money, they're doing it for culture and to win. Scott is that type of coach that will attract players purely on the winning / culture standpoint and it seems like a lot of them are happy to buy in at a lower dollar amount to rack up those wins.
Agree, at some point you have to accept there are quality systems, processes, culture at play down the highway.

With Egan on board you would hope we can pick up on some of that but I'd also love to go out and grab Selwood and Hawkins (assuming he retires) for 2025, either as full fledged assistants or as part-time leadership or development coaches.

Dogs only lost Sweet last year due to him not getting games and wanting to go back to SA. Khamis was pursued by Collingwood but stayed. Dogs I think are not far behind on a good culture but will have to see at the end of the season.

Dogs only lost Sweet last year due to him not getting games and wanting to go back to SA. Khamis was pursued by Collingwood but stayed. Dogs I think are not far behind on a good culture but will have to see at the end of the season.
Watching todays debut video with Clarke really cemented to me that the playing group culture is pretty damn good.

It's now the coaching / winning aspect that we have to work on...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back