Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

"Give me 18 of those and we'll get a flag".

That is dreadful.

Had it not occurred to him at any point that maybe, just maybe, the talented players work hard too?

You'd have to be a moron to think that 18 hard workers will get you a flag. And yet you can be certain he presented exactly this and still got the job.

AFC979810 will be pleased

Not pleased. Indifferent.

Fish rots from the head and Assistants are an extension of the head coach.

He’s on a roll, I heard Brad Scott saying he doesn’t like the sub and often they’ll have the sub train after the games over. I thought it was only for underdone players?

Its not like you to misconstrue someones point - is it Elite?

But back to the topic Fr0ggy was talking about. Those assistant coaches. Weren't you a massive fan of Ben Hart. Bloke seems to be doing pretty damn well up at GWS for such a terrible assistant coach - eh?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can bag and laugh at Hinkley as much as we want but one of the things he attributed their poor conversion was their game style and not getting good shots on goal, ie coaching. He also admitted playing Rozee was a mistake. He’s taken ownership. Has Nicks?

Second when talking about our scoring, “we’ve seen what Adelaide can do when they move the ball with speed”

So what did Nicks work on all offseason? Slowing our ball movement to improve our defence that didn’t need improving with game style, it was going to happen with experience. This change is 100% fact.

So instead of being 3-5, we could easily have been 5-3 and with momentum towards the finals.

There is just no excuse or forgiving this. A lack of ownership with shit for brains. Get rid of the spud, he will never be a premiership coach.

We can bag and laugh at Hinkley as much as we want but one of the things he attributed their poor conversion was their game style and not getting good shots on goal, ie coaching. He also admitted playing Rozee was a mistake. He’s taken ownership. Has Nicks?

Second when talking about our scoring, “we’ve seen what Adelaide can do when they move the ball with speed”

So what did Nicks work on all offseason? Slowing our ball movement to improve our defence that didn’t need improving with game style, it was going to happen with experience. This change is 100% fact.

So instead of being 3-5, we could easily have been 5-3 and with momentum towards the finals.

There is just no excuse or forgiving this. A lack of ownership with s**t for brains. Get rid of the spud, he will never be a premiership coach.

We all know the club will be hiding behind the great PR behind this win and the Happy Clappers will feel ecstatic because they are surface dwellers and fail to critically think beyond the happy times.

Bad kicking is bad football. This has been a common theme from our opponents. The key match stats do not favour us either, lost badly in all key areas; contested possessions, clearances etc . Until the key stats start falling in our favour other than falling across the line due to opposition poor kicking, I will be the first to say well done to Nicks and that he is the right coach for us.

Where are our Hinkley loving Crows fans this morning? 'An excellent coach' and similar crap. You know who you are :)

Try reading what the Pears own supporters think of this Dud. LONGEST ever VFL/AFL coach without a GF appearance at a club. Choked so many times in finals it aint funny (actually no its very funny). Ridiculous Rozee decision. He is totally clueless and without doubt bottom quartile (possibly bottom 1-2) IQ wise as a coach.

Then we have the large mass of Nicks bashers who berate him constantly but if I am not mistaken Nicks completely and utterly owns Kern. Daddy style.

There is just no excuse or forgiving this. A lack of ownership with s**t for brains. Get rid of the spud, he will never be a premiership coach.
Nicks has too much hubris to admit to anything. When he gets sacked he still won't take any responsibility and will most likely turn it back on the young players and assistants.

Seeing how Hinkley owns his mistakes only makes me more keen to see the back of nicks . His modus operandi is to blame players when the going gets tough but very happy to lap up and take credit for wins. Pathetic leadership

Back